Sign in to follow this  
radial360

1080TI SLI Settings

Good Evening guys...

happy V4.4 day!

just got myself a new rig with two 1080Ti watercooled, and I was wondering if there is any specific settings I need to be aware of on Inspector or prepar 3d itself?

I would appreciate any feedback! @Rob Ainscough Any idea/suggestion dear guru? :)

Thanks!!!

Giorgio La Pira

I stopped using NI several P3D versions ago...IMHO it's not required.

The only SLI specific setting I am aware of is in the NVidia Control Panel, 3D Settings, Config SLI ensure that SLI is enabled on that page.

Dan Downs KCRP

45 minutes ago, radial360 said:

two 1080Ti watercooled, and I was wondering if there is any specific settings I need to be aware of on Inspector or prepar 3d itself?

You shouldn't need nVidia Inspector.  SLI is now working well with P3D V4.4 (it wasn't a couple of days ago, but is now fixed).  SLI should allow you to run 4XSSAA or even 8XSSAA if using 256/512 texture clouds (maybe 1024 but don't go above that) ... there are some additional prepar3d.cfg settings you should set for SLI setup ... I'll get into those once P3D V4.4 officially releases.

Cheers, Rob.

3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

You shouldn't need nVidia Inspector.  SLI is now working well with P3D V4.4 (it wasn't a couple of days ago, but is now fixed).  SLI should allow you to run 4XSSAA or even 8XSSAA if using 256/512 texture clouds (maybe 1024 but don't go above that) ... there are some additional prepar3d.cfg settings you should set for SLI setup ... I'll get into those once P3D V4.4 officially releases.

Cheers, Rob.

Personally I run 8x MSAA in P3D and add 4x sparse grid superssampling enhancement NI which gives the best picture quality and much less performance intensive than running 8x SSAA in P3D. The Sparse grid AA is a custom AA that really smoothens out edges and lines. Resulting in a better quality AA combo on my 27" Dell TFT 1440p monitor which runs over DP and 60hz.

In NI for SLI use Nvidia recommended for SLI rendering. And optimal power as most ot the time each card will be at about 25-30% use each.

Do not enable SLI AA in NI as that will effectively remove optimal dual SLI graphics processing and effectively use the other GPU for AA.

I set my FPS to unlimited in P3D and NI have Half Refresh Rate Adaptive VSync w/ Triple Buffer which gives a buttery smooth experience. I have tried 30 locked but the unlimited allows you to not have to mess with Fiber Frame settings to achieve a solid 30 locked setup. And the half rate vsync benefit is also not having to switch back to forth from 30hz for P3D and 60hz for desktop and gives you the 30hz experience at 60hz.

I have found limiting to 30.5 fps with half sync in NI at 60hz also works well too.

Obviously every rig is different as this what I have found to work on the 1080TI and 2080TI SLI setups with an AMD Ryzen Threadripper processor.

BTW Curious to see those 4.4 SLI specific tweaks, Rob! That would be great. 

Really appreciate everything you do for P3D benchmarking, performance optimization and your tips and tricks are really great and a wonderful contribution to the community.

Too bad I'll have to wait for my RMA before getting a chance to try it.

Thx!

Edited by American 833 Heavy
Added Quote
  • Like 1

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

2 hours ago, American 833 Heavy said:

BTW Curious to see those 4.4 SLI specific tweaks, Rob!

I started a thread here and will update more tonight and maybe tomorrow, swamped with this thing called work that's distracting me at the moment. 😉

Cheers, Rob.

Personally I run 8x MSAA in P3D and add 4x sparse grid supersampling enhancement NI which gives the best picture quality and much less performance intensive than running 8x SSAA in P3D. The Sparse grid AA is a custom AA that really smoothens out edges and lines.

I see so many comments that Nvidia Inspector is no longer required for P3D, even though SGSS AA is much better than standard SSAA for minimising texture shimmering in P3D v3.4......and it sounds like this is still true in P3D v4.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

46 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I see so many comments that Nvidia Inspector is no longer required for P3D, even though SGSS AA is much better than standard SSAA for minimising texture shimmering in P3D v3.4......and it sounds like this is still true in P3D v4.

To me it absolutely remains true.

I get people like a minimalist approach and generally I do as well, utilizing minimal about of tweaks and extra software.

BUT NI simply allows FAR more personalized control and better AA / misc graphics options to get the most out of the a setup.

I get poor AA quality with shimmering and decent amount jaggies on edges without NI using only P3D's AA. Even when turned up to SSAA 8X in P3D they are almost gone but still there and at a big performance hit.

When I set back P3D to use MSAA 8 or even 4 and have NI enhance that with 4x SGAA the shimmering/jaggies are gone and the picture is great. Significantly cleaner than on P3D SSAA alone.

I think it's mainly the 4K ppl that can get away with no NI. But I have found NI to still be an invaluable too for my P3D to look it's best. Without it the AA would be very sub par.

I think the whole no NI inspector required at all thing is some people are just repeating what they see and here from others without knowing for themselves one way or another. So it's become kind of a misnomer of a trend.

Edited by American 833 Heavy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

9 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I started a thread here and will update more tonight and maybe tomorrow, swamped with this thing called work that's distracting me at the moment. 😉

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you so so much Rob!!!

Giorgio La Pira