Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.4 Is Available Now ! 

20 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Shez - The only P3Dv4 element that needs to be updated to get the latest P3D version is Client.  The other two are optional, but recommended.  I don't believe there's an issue with what you stated.  I assume P3Dv4.3 is working fine for you... correct?

Edit:  In my installation the Client is 4.4, all others are 4.2 and P3D works like a charm.

Yes sir. Thanks for the confirmation.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

If you do not install the "Content" you won't get the updated PBR aircraft and a few new aircraft.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 hours ago, n4gix said:

If you do not install the "Content" you won't get the updated PBR aircraft and a few new aircraft.

And you will not lose some aircraft either.. :wink:

• Like 1

Bert

All this about what does and does not work is important but I want to know (from those that have it) how does it work,,,fps,,ect - how does it look,,any better or?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

All this about what does and does not work is important but I want to know (from those that have it) how does it work,,,fps,,ect - how does it look,,any better or?

Looks and performs better than 4.3.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

2 hours ago, warbirds said:

Loads of info here: 

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

On 11/28/2018 at 3:18 PM, Poppet said:

Prepar3D v4.4 Is Available Now !     Prepar3D v 4 (4.16.27077)    Please see the link below for more details. 

https://www.prepar3d.com/latest-news/ 

The Client Installer is required to update Prepar3D v4 to a more recent version. You must first have Prepar3D v4 installed to utilize the Client only installer. 

The Content and Scenery are Optional Updates, Please review the releases notes. 

---

The Topic below is a step by step guide on the process of updating Prepar3D v4 

For a video tutorial please see this link

Thanks for the quick guide. I have a quick question regarding updating the client to P3D 4.4. In the individual component list I noticed a file that wasn't there before: NDP472-KB4054530-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe

Is this file important to download if I am only updating client file or is it needed for content/scenery component install or can it be ignored ?

Bilal Asif Khan

I just switched to v4.4. OH BOI is it heavy on ram. I guess minimum is 8gb now. On average with the PMDG T7 I use about 7gb/8.