Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

so far just installed client. Me Likes, very mucho. 4.3 I had to run limited for smoothness, 4.4 runs great unlimited. As usual I put in no AM. I'm positive I've gained around at least 5 fps. (and yes, it does load from startup quite a bit faster)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

3 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

so far just installed client. Me Likes, very mucho. 4.3 I had to run limited for smoothness, 4.4 runs great unlimited. As usual I put in no AM. I'm positive I've gained around at least 5 fps. (and yes, it does load from startup quite a bit faster)

Install the content, you can try the PBR models and enjoy something new 🙂

Scenery is also recommended, 😉

S.

Haven’t had time to read thoroughly and digest the change list and I’m not at home to be able to install 4.4.... yet

Since there’s a lighting upgrade, did LM manage to fix the terrain/cloud shadow flicking on and off problem during panning.

IM

40 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Deja-vu 

Cheers, Ed

37 minutes ago, Simicro said:

What is déja-vu please?

21 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Really??  It's the feeling you seen, or done something more than once.  Like living yesterday all over again.

I bet Simicro knows what a déja vu is, and that he's curious why Ed is experiencing it 😉

Edited by Rimshot

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

2 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

I bet Simicro knows what a déja vu is, and that he's curious why Ed is experiencing it 😉

Ya never know when some asks questions like that??:blink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Strange. I uninstalled the 4.3 client, installed the 4.4 client and I end up with a black screen...i can hear the default background noises...just with a black screen. Reverted back to 4.3 and all ok...any others with this issue?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

5 minutes ago, Montie said:

My F-16 looks like this....

RYSl2fb.jpg

PBR is even better than I imagined! 
Just look at how stealthy that fighter jet is now... 😉

Edited by F737NG
picture added
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, Montie said:

My F-16 looks like this....

https://imgur.com/a/7kSWAQp

Ok, delete your local shaders, update your Video card to latest drivers and restart P3D.

S.

1 minute ago, Peter Webber said:

Strange. I uninstalled the 4.3 client, installed the 4.4 client and I end up with a black screen...i can hear the default background noises...just with a black screen. Reverted back to 4.3 and all ok...any others with this issue?

Sounds like shaders were recompiling.

During certain Beta builds I got that and after a couple of seconds everything was running ok.

I suggest you update client and content and clean your local shaders before launching P3D.

It is also a good idea to update your Video drivers, this new build uses lot of new stuff in terms of Graphics.

Regards 

S.

3 minutes ago, F737NG said:

RYSl2fb.jpg

PBR is even better than I imagined! 
Just look at how stealthy that fighter jet is now... 😉

That's  the stealth fighter I did not know it included that😁.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 minutes ago, rjfry said:

That's  the stealth fighter I did not know it included that😁.

They really did improve the shadows.....so clean!

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Thanks. Yes, I have the latest drivers and I did delete shaders as I normally do with a client update..will maybe re-download the client. What I noticed was the sim started with the default flight...i could hear the background noises..it didn't run with the start up menu.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X