Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

9 minutes ago, simbol said:

Sounds like shaders were recompiling.

During certain Beta builds I got that and after a couple of seconds everything was running ok.

I suggest you update client and content and clean your local shaders before launching P3D.

It is also a good idea to update your Video drivers, this new build uses lot of new stuff in terms of Graphics.

Regards 

S.

Yes..i did clean local shaders, latest drivers, etc...i can hear the sim running...it didn't go to the startup menu. Went straight to the default flight..i think i will re-download the client...i do get an error message from fslabs when the sim loads..maybe that is messing with the startup..?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

The F16 is in the content deployment not client, you'll need to install that if you didn't do a full install and client only.

5 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

it didn't run with the start up menu.

?What do you mean?  For first time in a flight with V4.4 you may have a longer than normal black screen (shaders also get built) and may need to wait a minute or two pending the speed of your system.  Other cause could be add-ons you've install that aren't compliant with V4.4 yet.  And finally, if you're running very high graphics settings you could have run out of VRAM.

Cheers, Rob.

TWO THINGS:

when you say you did a clean install, does that mean you deleted the .exe of client, scenery and content or you just installed the complete over top?

2. What about ORBX scenery did you have to reinstall everything or just run the fTXCentral?

Ciao!

Just with client update, night flying is a new ballgame. City lights hardly hit framerate (used to drag me down a bit) I do now have a bit of banding, but considering the difference, i'm not too concerned. Later I'll go ahead and update content and scenery. So far it's really been nice. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

34 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok, delete your local shaders, update your Video card to latest drivers and restart P3D.

S.

Yes already tried that. Did not work.

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Do you have the content update as well?

S.

Yes did a full reinstall. Doing a full reinstall again now.

1 hour ago, Simicro said:

What is déja-vu please?

Hi Tony,

LOL - it’s a French word - no ? And you’re from France - right ?

😂

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, Rimshot said:

I bet Simicro knows what a déja vu is, and that he's curious why Ed is experiencing it 😉

Yes exactly so. I know what déjà vu is, and I am wondering why Ed is experiencing it.

• Like 1

- TONY -

33 minutes ago, briansommers said:

when you say you did a clean install, does that mean you deleted the .exe of client, scenery and content or you just installed the complete over top?

You must uninstall the client, scenery, and content and then reinstall.  Please do not delete the folders and files.  See the P3D Tips and Tricks forum for the correct procedure.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Is everyone's full re-install 12.8Gb? I don't seem to have the default Beech Baron or King Air anymore. Wondering if this is a deliberate thing or if my download has missed some files?

• Like 1

Ian S

38.jpg

1 minute ago, Ian S said:

Is everyone's full re-install 12.8Gb? I don't seem to have the default Beech Baron or King Air anymore. Wondering if this is a deliberate thing or if my download has missed some files?

LM removed all Beechcraft aircraft with this update.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ian S said:

All Beechcraft Textron planes were removed. (Bonanza, Baron, KA350 & Texan)
(If You still have a backup copy of v4.3 You can still import them to v4.4)

Edited by RamonB

Installed client only and..wel.I..gee..speachless.never seen as smooth as sim in 20+yr. In fact, never thought i would live to see that! Challenging air,Carenado also and at night over city. Amazing. Great job. LM!~ May have to Scenery next.

• Like 1