Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

32 minutes ago, RamonB said:

All Beechcraft Textron planes were removed. (Bonanza, Baron, KA350 & Texan)
(If You still have a backup copy of v4.3 You can still import them to v4.4)

Okay, thanks 

Ian S

38.jpg

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

You must uninstall the client, scenery, and content and then reinstall.  Please do not delete the folders and files.  See the P3D Tips and Tricks forum for the correct procedure.

Is this really necessary?

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Simicro said:

Maybe I misread the change log but I did not see things like fps optimisation, faster loading times, etc. ?

There wasn't; we saw these exact claims when 4.3 was released, which is what I assume the Deja Vu comments were referring to.  The faster loading times probably have more to do with updating the client (and subsequent .cfgs) than 4.4 itself.  Although, I hope I'm mistaken... 

• Like 2

Matt King

9 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Installed client only and..wel.I..gee..speachless.never seen as smooth as sim in 20+yr. In fact, never thought i would live to see that! Challenging air,Carenado also and at night over city. Amazing. Great job. LM!~ May have to Scenery next.

It is amazing. At this point I don't think I'm going to mess around with PTA any more. I had recalibrated my monitor again this afternoon. Hadn't done that in two or three new driver installs, and when I fired this thing up with 4.4 Client with real time I couldn't believe the night sky. I didn't know we had the milky way above our heads. Never seen it before. Maybe all this time shader tweaking had it hidden from me. In 4.3 I had best frame rates locked at 28 and it stayed at about 28.7 and smooth. With 4.4 I'm running unlimited and averaging 57 fps. Sliders about 3/4 and above to the right. Same settings as in 4.3. Sorry if it seems I'm pleased. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

To get PBR on future 3rd party add-ons you only need to update the client right? I didn't really see anything in the content and scenery that I feel I need to install. 

Have not had chance yet to download 4.4 client yet. But dying to hear from early adopters that the claimed improvements to rendering photoreal scenery are legit, particularly with respect to add-on airports. Do these airports no longer look like gray holes in the middle of ambient scenery? And when you pan around the airport, do we no longer need to wait a couple seconds for buildings to convert from black blocks to actual scenery? Hoping the answers are YES!

Rich

If I reinstall the scenery content do I need to reinstall ORBX back on top of the new default scenery?

Vic green

1 minute ago, PATCO LCH said:

If I reinstall the scenery content do I need to reinstall ORBX back on top of the new default scenery?

I'm pretty sure all you have to do is open ftx central and it activates all the scenery again, with no need to reinstall. 

Just now, PATCO LCH said:

Yes.

Please see the tips & section.

I did a full brand new installation.  Uninstalled everything....only my addons pmdg & orbx have to installed again, rest everything is in prepar3d addons folder - everything shows up snap.  Hence the need to have all addons outside the sim directory.  

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

58 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Is this really necessary?

Not necessary to uninstall everything.  I plan on uninstalling the scenery/content elements of P3D and then install the version 4.4 scenery/content files.  If I ever get a crash where I have to reset or reformat my drives, I'll do a clean install then.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I just updated to v4.4 and everything went smoothly (I updated client, content, and scenery), but I have 2 questions

1. Do any of the default aircraft have the new PBR textures? I couldn't tell which ones have it and which ones don't. (although I only looked at a 3 of the default planes)

2. I initially forgot that when you update P3D it resets the settings and you have to put the setting back after you update. I put everything back to what I had except I forgot if I had the Vsync option on or off. Should I put that option on or off? What are the benefits of having that option on? 

46 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

I initially forgot that when you update P3D it resets the settings and you have to put the setting back after you update. I put everything back to what I had except I forgot if I had the Vsync option on or off. Should I put that option on or off? What are the benefits of having that option on? 

I just did the same - uninstalled client, installed client, uninstalled content, installed content, and uninstalled scenery, installed scenery.  None of my P3D settings changed.  There should have been no reason for your P3D.cfg to have changed.  Still, it is good to rebuild the p3d.cfg and that's what I did.  The vsync option is optional and it might help reduce any screen tearing.  I have it on but not triple buffering.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

v4.4 crash on startup due to EZDOK non compatibility.. is there a workaround beside uninstalling EZDOK ?

thank you

too much, too soon....

5 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

The F16 is in the content deployment not client, you'll need to install that if you didn't do a full install and client only.

?What do you mean?  For first time in a flight with V4.4 you may have a longer than normal black screen (shaders also get built) and may need to wait a minute or two pending the speed of your system.  Other cause could be add-ons you've install that aren't compliant with V4.4 yet.  And finally, if you're running very high graphics settings you could have run out of VRAM.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob. An update. My PC Specs: CPU 7700K with 1080ti. What I meant was after unistalling the 4.3 client and installing the 4.4 client (as I have always successfully done with previous point updates), the simulator would load, but bypassing the scenario screen straight into the default plane - F22. Simulator was running with black screen (I could hear RAAS, the F22, etc). But, I have discovered the issue! I was receiving an error message at start-up from FSLabs (A320x). I uninstalled FSLabs and now the sim starts up normally and into the scenario screen as expected. As you predicted, an incompatible addon. Just thought I would report this should others run into the same issue. Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Peter.

Edited by Peter Webber
  • Upvote 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

22 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I just did the same - uninstalled client, installed client, uninstalled content, installed content, and uninstalled scenery, installed scenery.  None of my P3D settings changed.  There should have been no reason for your P3D.cfg to have changed.  Still, it is good to rebuild the p3d.cfg and that's what I did.  The vsync option is optional and it might help reduce any screen tearing.  I have it on but not triple buffering.

Thanks. I have never seen screen tearing in any sim I had, so I will leave the vsync option off. Also I think my P3D setting go back to default settings because I delete the cfg file after I update to the next P3D version (They say to do that in the P2D forums).