Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

4 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

It is amazing. At this point I don't think I'm going to mess around with PTA any more. I had recalibrated my monitor again this afternoon. Hadn't done that in two or three new driver installs, and when I fired this thing up with 4.4 Client with real time I couldn't believe the night sky. I didn't know we had the milky way above our heads. Never seen it before. Maybe all this time shader tweaking had it hidden from me. In 4.3 I had best frame rates locked at 28 and it stayed at about 28.7 and smooth. With 4.4 I'm running unlimited and averaging 57 fps. Sliders about 3/4 and above to the right. Same settings as in 4.3. Sorry if it seems I'm pleased. 

So did you compare locked fps to... unlocked?! This is Funny, sorry.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

35 minutes ago, YoYo said:

So did you compare locked fps to... unlocked?! This is Funny, sorry.

Yeah, I'm laughing too, and I'm not sorry...I'm flying

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Great to hear about the performance improvements, and I thought I was imagining things when I observed that 4.4 and e.g. the map are loading noticeable faster now.

Can't comment on the smoothness because I did run 4.3 already locked at 60fps 😉 

Edited by FDEdev

Fly over LA with Orbx, and then tell me about performance improvements. lol

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

On the subject of locked FPS, I'm now able to lock my FPS at 30 and it maintains 30 FPS. I would normally end up with around 24 FPS. With 4.4 there is no perfomance loss. I normally run unlimited with Vsync and TB (Monitor refresh at 30Hz). Now locked FPS seems to hold. Didn't change any other settings.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

24 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

So you can confirm that there's no improvement over LA with orbx scenery?

Edited by FDEdev

I did update to 4.4 yesterday evening too. Regarding the documentation at the Learning Center (Getting Help - Advanced configuration) there are less "tweaks" for the P3D.cfg. Also the TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=XX has bin removed. Does this mean they became "worthless/Useless" since 4.4?

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I love it when there's a new P3D release/update and everybody goes "ooo!" and "aaaa!" about the performance when running a clean P3D install without add-ons. Whilst on the subject of performance, water rendering has apparently been optimized a bit, according to the release notes, so that's good I guess.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I just did the same - uninstalled client, installed client, uninstalled content, installed content, and uninstalled scenery, installed scenery.  None of my P3D settings changed.  There should have been no reason for your P3D.cfg to have changed.  Still, it is good to rebuild the p3d.cfg and that's what I did.  The vsync option is optional and it might help reduce any screen tearing.  I have it on but not triple buffering.

Perhaps you realize it, or not; but, you just gave the best answer to this post.  Congrats. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

Or KSFO  with a high-end add-on? That's a nice test. 

I did a fresh install, with ORBX Global, Open LC and Vector + the PMDG B-747 400 and all's running smooth and well.

Ah and then FS Flight Control in it's last version works fine also with the v. 4.4

• Like 1

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

23 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

Why did they do that?

Cause Lockheed Martin is planing on manufacturing GA and those airplanes would be their competitors . 

kidding.. I have no idea. 

8 minutes ago, Julia said:

I did a fresh install, with ORBX Global, Open LC and Vector + the PMDG B-747 400 and all's running smooth and well.

Ah and then FS Flight Control in it's last version works fine also with the v. 4.4

Thank you, dear. 

I installed client only as a test. I run an 8700k @ 4.6, 1070TI, 16 GB ram, windows 10. I deleted the P3D cfg and shaders. At the same airport as my default saved location in V4.3, and same aircraft and settings as 4.3, I get a 15 fps drop in 4.4. I'm stumped! Back to 4.3 I go..... 😖

Murray Dreyer