Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

Reply post to Peter Webber:

I had the same phenomenon of the black screen and background noise. Waited a few minutes longer and suddenly the simulator came up and runs like a dream.

After that no start up issues observed anymore.

• Like 1

@mdreyer

Same here but when I use a stock aircraft, fps are climbing back.
Probably something to do with addons compatibility IMO (F1 GTN and FS Labs should be uninstalled until new versions are released)

Edited by David Roch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

17 minutes ago, mdreyer said:

I installed client only as a test. I run an 8700k @ 4.6, 1070TI, 16 GB ram, windows 10. I deleted the P3D cfg and shaders. At the same airport as my default saved location in V4.3, and same aircraft and settings as 4.3, I get a 15 fps drop in 4.4. I'm stumped! Back to 4.3 I go..... 😖

This is strange, I gained 10 - 15 FPS with the new release during beta tests and this figure was also confirmed by other members of the team during the last Beta test phase of the product.

Please note it is strongly recommended to perform a full install, 4.4 includes lot of changes on the engine and the issues you are experiencing might be related to the fact that you are missing the Content and Scenery elements.

This can be also  related to some add-on you are using, can you do the comparison using a default airport and a default airplane? also be sure you updated your video drivers to the latest version.

All the best,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, jcorstjens said:

I had the same phenomenon of the black screen and background noise. Waited a few minutes longer and suddenly the simulator came up and runs like a dream.

This is a normal behaviour with this release as all the shaders changed and need to be recompiled the first time the sim loads.

We all experienced similar things during Beta tests.

Regards,
S.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, mdreyer said:

At the same airport as my default saved location in V4.3, and same aircraft and settings as 4.3, I get a 15 fps drop in 4.4. I'm stumped! Back to 4.3 I go..... 😖

I bet a case of beer you word not allowed your settings, why did you delete the .cfg in advance? Don't do that ONLY if you have problems and just rename it so you have a backup.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Just now, JoeFackel said:

Don't do that ONLY if you have problems and just rename it so you have a backup.

You can still fish it out of the Recycle Bin

1 minute ago, simbol said:

This is a normal behaviour with this release as all the shaders changed and need to be recompiled the first time the sim loads.

We all experienced similar things during Beta tests.

Regards,
S.

Is there any way to make the user aware what is happening while the screen is black? Like when you see P3D V4 shows the progress of generating a new installed scenery. Maybe like P3D says ”Please wait, shaders is recompiling” and a progress percentage indicator.

• Like 1

Just now, casv said:

Is there any way to make the user aware what is happening while the screen is black? Like when you see P3D V4 shows the progress of generating a new installed scenery. Maybe like P3D says ”Please wait, shaders is recompiling” and a progress percentage indicator.

No that I am aware of.. I will suggest this to LM for future releases.

S.

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

You can still fish it out of the Recycle Bin

Hopefully. But not if the has the same bad habbit then me using always Shift+Del 😉

Thx god i make weekly backups!

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

17 minutes ago, simbol said:

This is strange, I gained 10 - 15 FPS with the new release during beta tests and this figure was also confirmed by other members of the team during the last Beta test phase of the product.

Please note it is strongly recommended to perform a full install, 4.4 includes lot of changes on the engine and the issues you are experiencing might be related to the fact that you are missing the Content and Scenery elements.

This can be also  related to some add-on you are using, can you do the comparison using a default airport and a default airplane? also be sure you updated your video drivers to the latest version.

All the best,
Simbol

Would uninstalling and re-installing the 3 components be the same as uninstalling P3D and re-installing it from scratch? 

4 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Would uninstalling and re-installing the 3 components be the same as uninstalling P3D and re-installing it from scratch? 

It is easier to just uninstall P3D and re-installing it.

You only run 2 processes instead of 4.

S.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, addman said:

I love it when there's a new P3D release/update and everybody goes "ooo!" and "aaaa!" about the performance when running a clean P3D install without add-ons. Whilst on the subject of performance, water rendering has apparently been optimized a bit, according to the release notes, so that's good I guess.

I believe due to the water rendering optimization which you refer to, you are having a "sub conscious" "ooo!" "aaaa!" reflex action. Welcome to the 4.4 club...😊

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

1 minute ago, Peter Webber said:

I believe due to the water rendering optimization which you refer to, you are having a "sub conscious" "ooo!" "aaaa!" reflex action. Welcome to the 4.4 club...😊

Ooooooo.... Aaaaaaaa ?  Sounds like a mattress infomercial.  😁

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, jcorstjens said:

Hi, my issue was a permanently black screen, not related to shader cache rebuild. It was caused by FS Labs A320x throwing up an error message when the sim was loading leaving me with a black screen. I uninstalled the plane and all is well...will wait for an update from their side.

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

It is easier to just uninstall P3D and re-installing it.

You only run 2 processes instead of 4.

S.

Hummmm. Gosh but to reinstall all those add-ons will take some considerable time. I guess I'll start with the one-by-one approach. if it fails, then it's a sign that I need buy me a brand new, bigger SSD. 🤗