Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

ANY antialising improvement?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

13 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

It's a glitch in the Matrix ... watch for black cats.

Cheers, Rob.

I hope the Oracle gave you some good news.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

46 minutes ago, simbol said:

It does.. who said that the auto gen hasn't been improved?..  you will be also unable to see the PBR models included by LM.

S.

The default PBR models I will never use.

Regarding the AG that might be an important one.

However, I recently reinstalled P3D with all addons and that took me 10 days ...

Several addons have added textures/bgl files in several different folders.

Again a lot of work and the improvement might be in the Cliënt update.

All xml addons are not the problem.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Just updated client then removed fsl a320 and spotlight installs and powered up p3d44: improved performance.  

Autogen loading seems to be better, didn’t see them load late in clumps, especially noticeable flying fast and low over orbx Scotland with its dark ag trees over white ground. 

Complex airports stay in mem longer so flying away from them and looking back, they don’t reload. 

Flying over DD Seattle and Washingtondc, smoother and photoscenery looked a bit better. 

Lax area always been messy in terms of smoothness but appeared much better, even with fsdt klax installed. Next I’ll reactivate orbx socal and see if it improved. 

But so far, looking pretty good. Ground textures seem to load faster and ag popping reduced. 

Also tested in both 2d and VR modes, performance improvements enhanced VR experience. 

Edited by kdfw__

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I still do not get it, to me, it is not really helpful that LM constantly insists that besides Client, everything is "optional", this results in the discussion we have now and again. My question: do we profit from the improved autogen and water rendering if the Client alone is updated? I guess no... However, as others stated, doing a full install takes ages, but I might take the plunge nevertheless. But as updating the Client only takes almost no time, I will certainly start off with doing this. If I see already improvements doing so, I might wait for a full reinstall until I have a full weekend off...

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I'll just do uninstall of the application, and then reinstall. All of my addons are outside of the main folder, except orbx and pmdg. So i hope it won't take me forewer. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Well, as you must appreciate during Beta tests we were able to compare System A using 4.3 with X number of add-on's against System A using 4.4 with the same number of add-on's. Personally I saw a 10-15 FPS performance increase on 4K.

Professional beta testers like Rob A. were able to test things in a much deeper level and using different machines, and accordingly also noticed performance improvements on different things. so it is not a surprise to see people reporting similar results here.

Regards,

S.

10-15 fps ? That's some serious improvement.

I hope that 10 to 15 fps improvement is across all phases of flight.. If I'm at 20 fps on final to eham, can I expect to be at 30 fps all factors being the same? 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Well, rats.  I just did a full re-install of P3D last weekend on a new SSD and spent a lot of time installing the ORBX stuff, Flightbeam, FSDT, ASP4 and PMDG  737/ 777.  Back to square one this weekend.

Stephen Forsgren

2 minutes ago, vin747 said:

I hope that 10 to 15 fps improvement is across all phases of flight.. If I'm at 20 fps on final to eham, can I expect to be at 30 fps all factors being the same? 

I wouldn't count on it. I'd take all posts about such huge improvements with a grain of salt.

I also would like to be able to block all posts from view that contain words like 'seem to be' and 'looks like'... We get remarks about seemingly improved performance after each and every update and up to now they all turned out to be caused by changed settings, different addons or simply placebo effects and wishful thinking. Anyone who says something like 'performance seems to be better' should be banned from this topic and only allowed back in after he or she has done some serious testing and can prove their findings with hard numbers. 😎

Thanks, seems I have just been called a liar..... so ban me.

• Upvote 3

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Well, as you must appreciate during Beta tests we were able to compare System A using 4.3 with X number of add-on's against System A using 4.4 with the same number of add-on's. Personally I saw a 10-15 FPS performance increase on 4K.

Professional beta testers like Rob A. were able to test things in a much deeper level and using different machines, and accordingly also noticed performance improvements on different things. so it is not a surprise to see people reporting similar results here.

Regards,

S.

8 minutes ago, J van E said:

I wouldn't count on it. I'd take all posts about such huge improvements with a grain of salt.

I also would like to be able to block all posts from view that contain words like 'seem to be' and 'looks like'... We get remarks about seemingly improved performance after each and every update and up to now they all turned out to be caused by changed settings, different addons or simply placebo effects and wishful thinking. Anyone who says something like 'performance seems to be better' should be banned from this topic and only allowed back in after he or she has done some serious testing and can prove their findings with hard numbers. 😎

Well Jeroen, it may seem different this time.. Besides that, personally I think folks who ask for folks to be banned should be banned first 😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Everyone seems to be chasing performance.  Very few have commented on the main feature which is the texture sharpness and lack (or persistence) of blurry textures.

What about the default aircraft with PBR?  What does that look like?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, J van E said:

If we added up all the claimed performance improvements from each P3D update we would be at 3000 FPS.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Matt Wilson