Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

14 minutes ago, vin747 said:

I hope that 10 to 15 fps improvement is across all phases of flight.. If I'm at 20 fps on final to eham, can I expect to be at 30 fps all factors being the same? 

You need to know what that 10-15 fps improvement is from. If it was 100 fps to 115 fps, that's 15%. Scaling that to your case you'd not expect more than a 3 fps improvement.

Pete

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

We should stick to % then instead of fps 😉

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

22 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Well Jeroen, it may seem different this time.. Besides that, personally I think folks who ask for folks to be banned should be banned first 😎

I agree Bert 😉

André

18 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

You need to know what that 10-15 fps improvement is from. If it was 100 fps to 115 fps, that's 15%. Scaling that to your case you'd not expect more than a 3 fps improvement.

Pete

Exactly and that's why "am seeing 15 FPS is so misleading, If you go from 20-22 you would not even think about it. 

The people that trow +15 fps should put into context because I will be doing a client update and before I do it I will load my FPS test and look after and see just what the difference really is. If I go from 24 FPS to close to 40 I will be shouting about it.

It's far more about the %

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

41 minutes ago, BuddyDog said:

Well, rats.  I just did a full re-install of P3D last weekend on a new SSD and spent a lot of time installing the ORBX stuff, Flightbeam, FSDT, ASP4 and PMDG  737/ 777.  Back to square one this weekend.

Why? Uninstall client, install client, uninstall scenery, install scenery, uninstall content, install content. For you next run FTX central, FSDT live updater and install the Active Sky Beta patch. Thereafter you'll be good to go.

This is almost a blueprint of every post release Day one thread.  I bet beers that in 2 or 3 weeks time 4.4 will be the best thing since sliced bread. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I love how performance is tied entirely to the little green counter in the corner and if it’s not fixed improvement in some guy named Bill’s YouTube scenario where he took side by side screen captures then it can’t be true. 

Think or performance like your heart rate 🙂. If you exercise everyday and improve performance you’ll see places where it’s better but it won’t always be a perfect apples to apples from the old you.  But you will have a better performing heart muscle overall.

Overall performance can be better without your one scenario being better!

OMG... before P3D 4.4 I had like 15 FPS, after now i have close to 70 FPS!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

OMG... before P3D 4.4 I had like 15 FPS, after now i have close to 70 FPS!!!!!

i guess......no

10 minutes ago, Maikel van der Heijden said:

Why? Uninstall client, install client, uninstall scenery, install scenery, uninstall content, install content. For you next run FTX central, FSDT live updater and install the Active Sky Beta patch. Thereafter you'll be good to go.

While doing so should I back up p3d.cfg, dll.xml and scenery.cfg (for old style scenery installations) or will they stay untouched? I think it was Virtuali who said earlier here P3D would uninstall only the files it created and since these files are created by P3D, will they be gone? Or since we are uninstalling and re-installing one by one will they remain?

Ahmet Can

Sorry about the double post.

Edited by tttocs

54 minutes ago, J van E said:

I also would like to be able to block all posts from view that contain words like 'seem to be' and 'looks like'... We get remarks about seemingly improved performance after each and every update and up to now they all turned out to be caused by changed settings, different addons or simply placebo effects and wishful thinking. Anyone who says something like 'performance seems to be better' should be banned from this topic and only allowed back in after he or she has done some serious testing and can prove their findings with hard numbers. 😎

OK, I see the smiley and all, but...

Basically you're concerned that in a post titled "First reactions.." people are sharing their, well, first reactions?

Look, I'm as skeptical as anyone when it comes to claims of improved performance, but I think it's perfectly OK for people to share their first impressions in a day-one thread like this.

I look forward to more details and solid apples to apples comparisons as time goes on, but I have zero problems with "seems to" and "looks like" in early impressions threads like this one.  It's all part of the fun!

Scott

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, costamesa said:

While doing so should I back up p3d.cfg, dll.xml and scenery.cfg (for old style scenery installations) or will they stay untouched? I think it was Virtuali who said earlier here P3D would uninstall only the files it created and since these files are created by P3D, will they be gone? Or since we are uninstalling and re-installing one by one will they remain?

Some of the addons you described are also installed on my PC. I Always backup my scenery.cfg but updating from 4.2 to .3 I've never had any problems.

Nice reading here, while I am sitting in front of my machine doing a complete overhaul. New Win 10 installation, new drivers, all my necessary applications, then at the end I'll install 4.4 on a "brand new" system. Having back-ups of all my former files (system and 4.3) it should take only another two or three days and I am back where I want to be. And this time I will be even more restrictive when it comes to P3Dv4 compatibility. See you then.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi

Does anyone else have this problem? When closing P3D it remains running in the background - as seen in Task Manager

Cheers

Chris