Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

Just updated my drivers, deleted shaders and config.

Installed Client only

FPS=0 increase thats 0% no loss no gain.

Interface loads faster. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm not sure what metric to use in my initial experience as I'm not experiencing a large fps gain 45fps at Orbx Southampton in the F-16 but it seemed to be a more fluid crisper experience. Doing airshow type flying over the airport I could sense "speed" that was almost like DCS.I imagine it was because there was no popping scenery. I'll do a more realistic a320 out of eham or kbos tonight and see was it just placebo effect.

• Like 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

12 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

I bet a case of beer you word not allowed your settings, why did you delete the .cfg in advance? Don't do that ONLY if you have problems and just rename it so you have a backup.

I didn't delete the cfg in advance. I deleted as per the recommendations from LM themselves. Please refer to their guide if you'd like further information on this. I don't drink beer, so a bottle of nice red will suffice. 😉

12 hours ago, David Roch said:

@mdreyer

Same here but when I use a stock aircraft, fps are climbing back.
Probably something to do with addons compatibility IMO (F1 GTN and FS Labs should be uninstalled until new versions are released)

Thanks David - yes, probably an addon causing issues. I haven't had a chance to re-test.

12 hours ago, simbol said:

This is strange, I gained 10 - 15 FPS with the new release during beta tests and this figure was also confirmed by other members of the team during the last Beta test phase of the product.

Please note it is strongly recommended to perform a full install, 4.4 includes lot of changes on the engine and the issues you are experiencing might be related to the fact that you are missing the Content and Scenery elements.

This can be also  related to some add-on you are using, can you do the comparison using a default airport and a default airplane? also be sure you updated your video drivers to the latest version.

All the best,
Simbol

Thank Simbol - I'm trying to avoid a complete reinstall as I've just upgraded my rig and went through that whole process. I'm not overly keen on doing again just yet if I can help it. I have a feeling it may be the GTN 750 causing problems even though it didn't load given it's not yet compatible? You might be able to advise on that. In answer to your question, no - I didn't use default airport or aircraft. Once again, sloppy on my part. I'll wait until everything is compatible, and install the client and content. I'm sure it's my setup thats the problem.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers,

Murray

Murray Dreyer

56 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

I installed what I thought was 4.4 but it turned out to be old code somehow, so I had to back it out, regroup, and try again.  Worked fine second time around, no issues to report, smooth as always, I felt autogen was a bit smoother than in the past, but I only autogen with trees and I am extremely aggressive on the draw distance, it is maxed.  Otherwise I fly over photoreal scenery.  The hard part was disk space, the new built requires 16GB but you need double that amount, you first have to extract from the zip, delete the zip, run the builds, then delete the builds if you are tight on disk space.  So I shuffled things around a bit, deleted stuff I did not need, and came in under the wire without having to remove or reinstall any of my add-ons.  I like the way the P3D (and Xplane) process respects the presence of add-ons and the scenery.cfg entries, I have no worries about the upgrade process when one is announced, goes so smooth but I do not have add ons which push the limits or use much of their own tweaks and code.

John

I recognize some of the things you discribed. I downloaded v4.4 and installed it over v4.3, but when the installation of v4.4 was finished (which I ran as administrator), it turned out I was still running v4.3. Of course, uninstalling v4.3 and re-installing v4.4 solved this. 
I can confirm this version comes with lots of data. I installed the app on my F: drive (because I have no space left on C:), but P3D did put more than 10GB of data on my C: drive too!

The new 4.4 version looks good, but I encountered a bug I never had before: some of the autogen buildings are blinking during flight. It's not that bad, it just happens with a few buildings, but I can clearly see it and it's annoying. I did a clean re-install (removed application and files in %appdata%, and also cleaned the registry), but that didn't solve the issue. Am I the only one?

Anyway, I switched back to v4.3 for the moment, since that version runs very well on my machine. As soon as I can find a solution for the blinking autogen on the internet, I'll give 4.4 another try ;-) Still very happy with 4.3 now haha ;-)

Cheers!

Sorry guys if this question was already answered. I have 4.3 installed with hundreds of addons. Do I have to do a fresh reinstall of everything? Or can I just run the 12gb 4.4 installer and thats it?

Lukas Dalton

installed content and scenery FPS increase 2%-3% increase.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Sorry guys if this question was already answered. I have 4.3 installed with hundreds of addons. Do I have to do a fresh reinstall of everything? Or can I just run the 12gb 4.4 installer and thats it?

As I stated earlier, I just uninstalled client, installed client; uninstalled content, installed content; and uninstalled scenery, installed scenery.  All of the scenery, aircraft, utilities all still work.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

47 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

As I stated earlier, I just uninstalled client, installed client; uninstalled content, installed content; and uninstalled scenery, installed scenery.  All of the scenery, aircraft, utilities all still work.

That's what I did Jim, thank you and everything is all great.

Just did a flight around Simwings LEBL as it comes with a huge amount of PR area. I do meen huge.

The PR looked fantastic and went right out as far as needed.

Look at this full screen and you can see even the far hills/mountains are all drawn in. This is a huge change from 4.3. Sharpe crisp textures and PR.

Sorry for the horrible screenshot but its shows what I mean.

lebl.jpg

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

When I last updated from 4.2 to 4.3 and ran ORBX FTX central it re downloaded all the sceneries. Is this still the case or did I do something incorrectly last time?

Cheers

Steve Hall

I am seeing lots of chatter about FPS and blurries.  However, can anyone report on the "stutter" effect.  My FPS are good but trying to control the stutters is another issue along with the long pause when approaching a 3rd party airport.  If they have been remedied, did you install just client or content and scenery as well?

Thanks.

1 minute ago, kenthom said:

I am seeing lots of chatter about FPS and blurries.  However, can anyone report on the "stutter" effect.  My FPS are good but trying to control the stutters is another issue along with the long pause when approaching a 3rd party airport.  If they have been remedied, did you install just client or content and scenery as well?

Thanks.

The long pauses are still there - no change as best I can tell.

Bert

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Look at this full screen and you can see even the far hills/mountains are all drawn in. This is a huge change from 4.3. Sharpe crisp textures and PR.

I flew over SeattleX and swear I could see the potholes especially over the industrial area between Boeing Field and Seattle.  Did a flight today from Wash Dulles to Chicago and had all of my State MSE photoscenery enabled and it was as real as I have ever seen.  I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.  More to come.

Jim

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The long pauses are still there - no change as best I can tell.

Very disappointing.  That is the only issue I have.  Will probably stay with 4.3 and explore hardware possibilities such as faster SSD.  Thanks Bert.

16 hours ago, FDEdev said:

So you can confirm that there's no improvement over LA with orbx scenery?

Sorry for the late response, and yes. Performance is as horrendous as expected. Nothing will help that area, except maybe a new engine and fresh code. I almost feel as if its even worse than 4.3. I have to do further testing but I was getting extremely long, long pauses, to the point of what's the point. 

Edited by SolRayz

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor