Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

Hello, just advise please if after updating p3d 4.4 client, content and scenery need to update all Orbx products installed. 

Thank you

George

Hello George

Regarding FTX Orbx, Please see this topic below for steps to take after updating Prepar3D

You will find your answer in INDEX 1 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello George

Regarding FTX Orbx, Please see this topic below for steps to take after updating Prepar3D

You will find your answer in INDEX 1 

Thank you very much Elaine. I was wondering this myself. Thanks for answering.

• Like 1

Vic green

15 hours ago, SolRayz said:

Sorry for the late response, and yes. Performance is as horrendous as expected. Nothing will help that area, except maybe a new engine and fresh code. I almost feel as if its even worse than 4.3. I have to do further testing but I was getting extremely long, long pauses, to the point of what's the point. 

I'm guessing London still the same too then

14ppkc-6.png

13 hours ago, RioPilot said:

The performance doesn't really feel any better or worse for me, which is rather disappointing.

I also fail to really see any difference with their default F-16. Wasn't it supposed to showcase PBR? I suppose there's some minor difference, but it might be my imagination.

In any case. My main problem now is that the scenery tiles pose problems. I did a clean reinstall, and when I flew around the default location, I saw weird flickering tiles that showed the entirety of the continental United States, and other continents of the world. It's hard to explain, but it was really weird.

I did a repair, and that seemed to solve the issue. But now the airports have black night tiles during the middle of the day.

Something seems corrupted, but I made sure to uninstall the old version of P3D and delete the old residual folders, so I'm not sure why that would be the case.

I first did a Client install and all was well. I next did a Content install and started seeing very weird scenery tiling issues in the San Francisco area as well. It would manifest itself after flying loops around the area after about 5 minutes. Scenery tiles would change to strange colors of blue and white, some would look like snow others like water and they would come and go. Even when I was paused they would continue to change and cover larger areas. Also if I reload back at the area I’ll find dark tiles that seem to have night lighting and as I fly toward them they don’t change but look muted.

Is any of this similar to your experience?

Joe

Edited by joepoway

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

PATCO LCH Thank you so much for your advise. I follow those steps but I can tell that the tree texture res look very unreal  and I don’t know why.. can it be from the order in p3d scenery library? 

There are Airport files

FTX Files

Orbx files. Is it any specific order someone must have?

For those wondering what happened to the Beechcraft aircraft under P3D 4.4, here Rob M. explains in full detail: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=131677

Regards,
S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Poppet said:

Hello Aaron

There is No Need to remove the Prepar3D registry entries, This is not required,   You would only manually remove these for specific situations.

The video below is for a clean Uninstall of Prepar3D,  This process will uninstall Prepar3D and remove all folders and files.

Note: In this video I delete the Prepar3D v4 Add ons folder from the Documents location,  You can save this folder if you like and move it back over afterwards.

Also, I delete the 3rd party Add On leftovers from the Core Prepar3D Install folder to ensure a future clean reinstall 

Note: If you already have Uninstalled Prepar3D from the Control Panel you will not have the Delete generated files command needed to complete the above process. 

The video below is steps you can take after you reinstall Prepar3D 

This action will remove all 5 generated file locations to ensure a clean reinstall Or if you just want to return Prepar3D to a close default state. 

Just to Note: Removing the generated files will disable your 3rd party Add Ons. 

Thank you kindly.  I guess a tag-on question. 

When you say "Also, I delete the 3rd party Add On leftovers from the Core Prepar3D Install folder to ensure a future clean reinstall"

What process that does entail?

Appreciate the support.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 hour ago, joepoway said:

I first did a Client install and all was well. I next did a Content install and started seeing very weird scenery tiling issues in the San Francisco area as well. It would manifest itself after flying loops around the area after about 5 minutes. Scenery tiles would change to strange colors of blue and white, some would look like snow others like water and they would come and go. Even when I was paused they would continue to change and cover larger areas. Also if I reload back at the area I’ll find dark tiles that seem to have night lighting and as I fly toward them they don’t change but look muted.

Joe

Joe have you tried to run the Migration tool in FTX Central?  I too got weird tiles flashing last night over FTX England but all seemed fine after I ran migration.  This is assuming you are using or in an ORBX Region or using FTX Global.

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

1 hour ago, joepoway said:

Joe

That's an ORBX problem, read Poppet's links above, she explains what to do. It fixed it beautifully for me.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I remain puzzled why incompatibility with certain addons is never mentioned when a new version of P3D is released. I don't expect Lockheed Martin to do this, but surely beta testers could have indicated that (for example) the FSL A320-X is currently incompatible with v4.4? It would save a few headaches for some users.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I remain puzzled why incompatibility with certain addons is never mentioned when a new version of P3D is released. I don't expect Lockheed Martin to do this, but surely beta testers could have indicated that (for example) the FSL A320-X is currently incompatible with v4.4? It would save a few headaches for some users.

No all beta testers have all add-on's in order to cover for this, also we are under NDAs so we cannot report such problems to add-on developers during the Beta cycle unless they are also part of the Beta team.

For example, I knew EZDOK was not compatible but I couldn't report it to the original developers.

Ultimately it is the responsibility for the content software provider to ensure compatibility and notify their user base, we cannot take ownership for such responsibility on behalf of FSLABS for a range of reasons, as example if a particular vendor declares their products are not compatible with X, it could be seeing as defamation and lawyers could have a feast 😉.

Regards,

Simbol 

The rule of thumb - no updates within 3-5 weeks regardless the optimism 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simbol said:

For those wondering what happened to the Beechcraft aircraft under P3D 4.4, here Rob M. explains in full detail: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=131677

Regards,
S.

That is pretty sad. First we lose all Cessnas, now we lose Beechcraft. I'd sure like to know the REAL reason. Next it will be the Pipers I'm sure. In order for anyone to be able to fly these aircraft we now have to rely on more and more payware addons. I'm sure there are a lot of real world pilots who would like to buy a sim that has a particular aircraft that they actually fly in real life. Now, in order to do that, we have to buy a sim, then another addon. At least it is great for all of the addon developers. Is this just with P3D, or will we start seeing it with other sims as well?