Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

Has the AA been improved at all? , this is the issue that is stopping me from moving across to the platform. i run at 1080P and don't want to go 4k just to try and improve the AA.

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

1 hour ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Joe have you tried to run the Migration tool in FTX Central?  I too got weird tiles flashing last night over FTX England but all seemed fine after I ran migration.  This is assuming you are using or in an ORBX Region or using FTX Global.

Chris

Thanks Chris

I do run Orbx Global and LC with several of their airports but no Vector or Regions.

I'll give it a look.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Midnight Music said:

That's an ORBX problem, read Poppet's links above, she explains what to do. It fixed it beautifully for me.

I'll take a look TX

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

No all beta testers have all add-on's in order to cover for this, also we are under NDAs so we cannot report such problems to add-on developers during the Beta cycle unless they are also part of the Beta team.

I understand the NDA during beta testing. However, would it not be a good idea for one or more beta testers to report major incompatibilities on AVSIM (for example) as soon as the latest version is released? I never see this happen. It always seems to be a case of users "discovering" that an addon is incompatible, and generally when they have already upgraded.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Been flying a lot the last two days and its been nice hearing ATC calls like "Air Force xxxx with you at flight level 460".

Too bad the default scenery has so few default airports with military parking, its like 19 I think. I think FS9 only had 2! 

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I understand the NDA during beta testing. However, would it not be a good idea for one or more beta testers to report major incompatibilities on AVSIM (for example) as soon as the latest version is released? I never see this happen. It always seems to be a case of users "discovering" that an addon is incompatible, and generally when they have already upgraded.

I did on my forums, but only on the things I could test 😉.

I normally also provide a full report of what is being updated, but FSELITE did a very good one this time.

S.

Maybe it's more a case of users "jumping the gun" without thinking about it first.  Anyway, I know that you do your best to inform and educate :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Looks like reshade doesn't work anymore in V4.4.

There're some artefacts with menu and buttons and the effect loading stops with 6 effects remaining to load... Can somebody confirm these issues?

reshadeazd8h.jpg

Regards, Sebastian

3 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Joe have you tried to run the Migration tool in FTX Central?  I too got weird tiles flashing last night over FTX England but all seemed fine after I ran migration.  This is assuming you are using or in an ORBX Region or using FTX Global.

Chris

That did the trick Thanks Chris!

Joe

• Like 1

Brilliant work FT, ... good times ahead.

Cheers, Rob.

Frankly I've never been so excited about a muddy puddle in my life! Awesome stuff as always from FT.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Things are just gonna get better moving foward.  v4 alone was big deal - 64bit....and now graphics engine keeps getting improved.  Can't wait to see till the sdk gets fully exploited.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I didn't expect much from this release but I am astonished how good it is. My system is quite old - an UNDER-clocked i7 with a low spec Nvidia card compared to the mega-stuff available now, yet I am getting extraordinarily good frame rates and I have to say the visuals are stunning. What is very surprising is that water reflections, dense scenery/autogen and road traffic hardly introduces any frame rate hit. Nor does HDR which I am using for the first time because it is so flexible.

Reshade DOES work with V4. You just have to use iterations of it that don't completely mess up the overlay or mouse functions.

However I am not currently flying anything that taxes smoothness. I've adapted a few default aircraft which do not have multiple 16 meg bump maps or 4096 textures, and they all fly with reasonably conservative settings at between 40 and 75 fps even on my modest system (I have spent years tweaking settings so generally don't have any problems with blurries or stutters). I wonder whether those that do have them are simply pushing their available hardware beyond their capabilities.

Congrats to the LM team. They've done a very good job overall.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

6 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Thank you kindly.  I guess a tag-on question. 

When you say "Also, I delete the 3rd party Add On leftovers from the Core Prepar3D Install folder to ensure a future clean reinstall"

What process that does entail?

Appreciate the support.

Hello Aaron

If your wish is to complete a clean uninstall & reinstall of Prepar3D you would also delete the Add On left overs from the core Prepar3D Install folder.

When you uninstall Prepar3D this process will only remove default Prepar3D files and folders from the core folder.  You will notice that many folders will still reside here with different files that have been Installed by 3rd party Add Ons

As i said for a clean uninstall & reinstall you would also delete these left overs after uninstalling Prepar3D 

To locate your core folder, Right click on the Prepar3D Desktop Icon and click Open file location this will bring you to the core Install folder.

---

I have outlined all these steps in the video link here  How to complete a Clean Uninstall of Prepar3D