Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, it's not compatible until Matt the developer makes an updated version, Hopefully, next week. So don't use it till we get the 4.4 version.

I'm on hold to upgrade to v4.4. I can't fly with the washed out look of the default shaders. I don't remember how long it took for Matt to update PTA last June, but it sure feels like it's taking forever. 😀

I need an alternative to PTA. Does Tomato shade work in V 4.4?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'm on hold to upgrade to v4.4. I can't fly with the washed out look of the default shaders. I don't remember how long it took for Matt to update PTA last June, but it sure feels like it's taking forever. 😀

I need an alternative to PTA. Does Tomato shade work in V 4.4?

Well since it will be next week hopefully before Matt makes the update, I thought like you, "I will try Tomato shade" ...Nope.... he is away all weekend so will also not get to work till next week. 

So all we can do is wait 🙂 or should that be a 😞 

But the PR looks so good that I can put up with the washed out looks for a few days.

I did a test flight around LEIB and it looked totally different to before to a point where I was looking and saying "wow that's how it really looks" unlike the blurry mess in 4.3

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

🙂
😞I did a test flight around LEIB and it looked totally different to before to a point where I was looking and saying "wow that's how it really looks" unlike the blurry mess in 4.3

Thanks. I'm excited to see how the sim is going to look with PBR & sharper photo textures.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 11/28/2018 at 7:26 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Tony,

LOL - it’s a French word - no ? And you’re from France - right ?

😂

Regards,

Scott

How about vuja-de? The feeling that you have never been here before. 

And I've never updated P3D, i started with 4.3. Is it best to completely uninstall everything and reinstall from scratch?

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, it's not compatible until Matt the developer makes an updated version, Hopefully, next week. So don't use it till we get the 4.4 version.

Thanks Nyxx for the info. Seems Matt might update PTA soon, lets hope so.

Cheers

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

8 hours ago, joemiller said:

lol.. Are you sure you used the V4.4 installer and not the4.3 ?   (just kidding)  

I know you said you were just kidding, but still I'm wondering what in my post prompted the joke? The lack of a FPS improvement...?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Loading screen didn’t seem to change for me, and if anything I may have lost some FPS...3-5 off of 48 locked (though I’m sure could be “in the noise”).

I suppose textures outside do look crisper.  And I’m sure some back-end improvements, which I’m thankful LM is still making updates for, but overall not much of the “big improvement” some folks are mentioning.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

my first impression was distinctly underwhelming

then I deleted shaders, cfg and fsuipc.ini.....

now Im getting 100fps+ in the majestic q400 vc with hardware the same and settings equivalent to how they were in 4.3 ...its voodoo but Im not complaining :)  Well done LM

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

It's the same or a bit worse for me. I'm glad I go in with lowered expectations on these updates.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

9 hours ago, mtr75 said:

How about vuja-de? The feeling that you have never been here before. 

And I've never updated P3D, i started with 4.3. Is it best to completely uninstall everything and reinstall from scratch?

You can just start by updating the Client only.

The rest is optional..

Bert

Comments here are so contradictory.  I feel like this page is being run by managers at my work.

• Like 2

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

P3d v4.4 is a hot mess for me. constant CTDs. I uninstalled the FSLAbs airbus and that got me past the random black screens. Now though, I MAY get a black screen that doesnt go away or Ill get a random CTD when switching views or just whenever the sim feels its good and ready to word not allowed out. Also, I have some weird thing going on that when I click an airplane or airport from the main screen, it automatically goes into loading the scenario.

I have never ever had any issues updating P3D. 

Oh well. complete reinstall it is I suppose.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Excellent news for Maddog owners, PBR in the works: https://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10555-fly-the-maddog-x-sp1-and-prepar3d-v-44-update-pbr/

Like I've recommended before if you're having issues with just the Client Only update then:

1.  Deactivate all your existing add-on licenses that require deactivation (i.e. PMDG and a few others check your OWNERS manuals/docs that came with purchase)
2.  Wipe P3D V4.3 and start over with V4.4 and be sure to remove all the 6 dirs associated to P3D AFTER the full uninstall
3.  Install P3D V4.4
4.  Consultant your Add-On vendors for compatibility before installing their products in V4.4

If users with many add-ons just toss v4.4 update at v4.3 and hope, then all you'll get is a "hot mess" and many contradictory posts.  Go to your vendors forums/websites, they will guide you on V4.4 compatibility or not ... you paid for the products, use the support facilities they make available to you.

Cheers, Rob.

13 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Comments here are so contradictory.  I feel like this page is being run by managers at my work.

And here's the reason why:

- People update their sims and everyone has different hardware, different set-ups,  A N D   they fly in different sim settings.  Therefore while the person flying a default little airplane away from a congested airport sees 205 FPS,  another person flying a high-end airplane near a high-end airport sees 21 FPS. Then one tells the next: "omg how comes you have a  high FPS?" "omg how comes YOUR frames are so low?"

So, I suggest if Lockheed Martin hasn't specifically stated that something was updated to improve performance, then there is no need to run around guessing nor suggesting that your sim has suddenly become a  Mach 5  sim.  (See how easy it is?) 

But wait there's more:

However, If you can post a video with previous and new P3D versions flying at the exact time, use the same airplane,  same scenario, same sim settings, and the same hardware, showing your "discovery" then it can be more credible.

Good luck 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, mtr75 said:

Is it best to completely uninstall everything and reinstall from scratch?

Only if you want to spend a lot more time downloading and uninstalling and reinstalling. LM says it is recommended to download the complete installer and reinstall the entire program. However, I have never done this on any of my v4 upgrades, have only installed the new client (or content if it seemed interesting) and only once had a problem (the download faulted and I had to repeat it. This could also have happened with a full installer download). So I am not sure why it is "recommended". I just installed the new v4.4 client, and everything looked great, and no problems. So I decided to download and install the new content as they have added a new default aircraft. And again, everything worked great.

• Upvote 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049