Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

44 minutes ago, joemiller said:

But wait there's more:

However, If you can post a video with previous and new P3D versions flying at the exact time, use the same airplane,  same scenario, same sim settings, and the same hardware, showing your "discovery" then it can be more credible.

Is mijne way to test,... I have a saved test

with mjc Q400 at departure EHAM Flytampa/ on Orbx Nederlanden scenery.  

The flight plan go to EBLG, including waypoints over port of Amsterdam and Rotterdam. . (Around 44 min. flying with Sid and Star)

Plus graphics hard settings in p3d - cursor frames rate limited at 60.

This version 4.4 give me 2-3 fps on previous (less level 20fps) and (upper level 30fps (is 10pc more),... and I observed a real better quality for ground-textures.

You are right to precise that saying "I have 100fps" is absolutely out of the box outside a permanent context.

Sure shall be more satisfied with a constant 30fps on this test, but step by step is better.

Beginning this test when orbx realised this scenery and I haved around 15fps on EHAM and more less: a lot of blurred zones after 20min of flying. Think that, now, cores instructions are better done.

I have only updated the client at the moment, but have downloaded the full 4.4 will run the client for now, but will do a full install at the end of the month, I`m going to do a CPU delid first and spring clean the system. for me best thing in 4.4 is the increased draw distance took of from EGGL towards London at 2000ft I could see EGKK airport to my right.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Here I have updated the Cliënt only.

FPS the same as before and also without stutters, sharper PR scenery and an overall smoother “feeling”...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 12/1/2018 at 10:55 AM, DJJose said:

I'm on hold to upgrade to v4.4. I can't fly with the washed out look of the default shaders. I don't remember how long it took for Matt to update PTA last June, but it sure feels like it's taking forever. 😀

I need an alternative to PTA. Does Tomato shade work in V 4.4?

If you mist it today PTA is now undated but water effects can make errors so don't apply them.

Just done a flight all was well, PTA is truly a sim changer.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

57 minutes ago, ms2 said:

you are right to precise that saying "I have 100fps" is absolutely out of the box outside a permanent context.

the 100fps comment was probably aimed at me, and in fairness I didnt exactly place it in context, so let me do so...

It was default 4.4 just aircraft loaded, no heavy weather, or AI, or complex addon scenery.

It was with all sliders max except DL off, low dynamic reflections, some shadows only. (The same settings as I used in v4.3)

In v4.3 same scenario I think I achieved about 70-75fps.  My comment was expressing my hope that I might be be to lock at 30fps most of the time...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

7 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

my hope that I might be be to lock at 30fps most of the time...

Me too;-)

I’ll be posting my performance test data this morning 7900X 5Ghz P3D v4.3 vs 9900K 5.3Ghz P3D V4.4 ... same add-ons same FSR recorded test flight same graphics settings (medium, high, very high) and I’ve added TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP 9/10 compares also.

I’m actually surprised at the performance improvement, but sadly the two major variants in the test are clean full V4.4 install and 9900K and newer nVidia drivers and new 1803 OS install, so I’m not sure which was responsible, 70-90% FPS improvement.  

As always, I’ll provide all the data logs and settings files and you folks can go over them and make your decisions.

Chees Rob

Updated Client and Content.  FPS about same as before, and wow ! now Photo Real sceneries are sharper (near and in distance) than before. Never looked that way in previous versions on my system. Great update so far. Very happy with results...

Mike

• Like 1

Did my first full flight just now.

4.4 is the best update in a long time in my eyes. Much smoother than before, the optica are great. I am very pleased with this.

Look at Dubai in the Distance!!! Crazy.... I love the new version 🙂

ucDiCVX.jpg

Edited by swiesma
  • Like 3

Another one:

I have never seen this in P3D. Great great update 🙂

Tod2kbM.jpg

• Like 1

Prepar3d 4.4 is a very solid and most stable release so far.  The best developers who are already in the Prepar3d internal beta testing team had their products up and running for this release.  Kudos to all for making the sim excellent.

I know everyone dreads reinstalling addons as it is 100% total time waste.  Hence the need for all us to complain to developers to install outside the sim.  Orbx is biggest culiprit here (I love their products period but hate their hoarding the sim root directory). I have been able to make Flightbeam, Majestic Q400, latinvfr, flytampa, few freeware, time zone fixer,uk2000, sim720 all outside the sim directory (some don't install outside properly and some do it well hence the need for Lorby's tool.  It is just not the simobjects, it is also the effects, guauges and files which go into global scenery directory (super annoying) all done externally.  

I just make a temp directory move all the addons in prepar3d v4 addons directory into it - reinstall the sim and copy all the addons back into.  All the external addons show up fine.  

PMDG is quick reinstall via their reinstaller (it will be great if it was external, but this few mintues).  Orbx installer is fast as I have local backups but I have to manually one by one pick my products (this takes time)...it extracts the files and then installs.  I am game with global/vector/openlc being in the sim but everything else needs to be external.  

We are gonna face this issue every 6 months (so I suggest everyone start planning well).  I am super grateful that we get new sim every 6 months and love the constant improvement.  As @Rob Ainscoughmentioned to me earlier that it has a collective push from us customers to tell the developers to move into practices by installing outside.  One the Developers benefit from it too by reduced support overhead, it is sheer laziness if they do not want to install outside the sim (I have had it legacy issues and what not.  you have to let go of the past and move the new guidelines set in Prepard...this is not FSX).  

If the developers charge extra for prepar3d addons, you can ask Developers to make sure addons install outside the sim.  

Just look at this thread - some have issues in the sim after client update.  Some are doing client/content update and things break.  I feel bad for all the simmers who are having issues especially with this excellent sim upgrade - and now hours will get wasted reinstalling everything and cycle repeats in few months.  This is a drag, and time is money believe it or not.  

You need to hit all the developer forums and tell them to install their addons outside the sim.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 2

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I just did my initial testing at same spot, same day, same settings, same time and I appear to have lost about 2-5fps after the 4.4 install. I just removed client, content and scenery one by one and installed the new version. Definitely appears more sluggish to me. Latest drivers and shaders folder deleted. Oh well...

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

1 hour ago, J0nx said:

I just did my initial testing at same spot, same day, same settings, same time and I appear to have lost about 2-5fps after the 4.4 install. I just removed client, content and scenery one by one and installed the new version. Definitely appears more sluggish to me. Latest drivers and shaders folder deleted. Oh well...

I noticed the same thing on my system doing it the same way as you (7700K@5.1, 1080TI). System was more sluggish and FPS we’re down. I noticed longer load times when near payware airports. Did not have this problem on 4.3. I did a system restore and I’m back to smooth performance. I'm going to wait until I'm ready to do a clean OS install and than install 4.4. For now I'm happy where I'm at. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I think I’m going to do a whole new fresh install this week. Shouldn’t take too long because orbx is pretty much all I use with a2a and majestic q400 as my only airplane addons. There’s probably a lot of old 4.2 to 4.3 to 4.4 ghosts in there lurking around that need to be cleaned out. Starting from scratch is always better anyway. Probably won’t make any difference but I guess it needs to be done regardless. I also agree not only was my FPS down but my load times were longer as well. Noticeably. 

Edited by J0nx

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

37 minutes ago, J0nx said:

Definitely appears more sluggish to me.

IF you're having performance problems, you might want to consider a complete wipe (maybe even OS and start with fresh Win10 1803) ... I posted my results here with fresh OS/P3D V4.4 vs. old OS/P3D V4.3:

Cheers, Rob.