Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

For me V4.4 is great! I have noticed quite a significant increase in fps when at FlyTampa Schipol looking at all the detail including rw weather in the PMDG 747-400 with a custom AI package which results in 100% capacity for the AI slider (eventhough I have it at 1%). In 4.3 or earlier I was getting an average of 25fps in the same scenario, now I have 36 - 39fps. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GSalden said:

Here I have updated the Cliënt only.

FPS the same as before and also without stutters, sharper PR scenery and an overall smoother “feeling”...

Overall I cannot agree with you more! I am achieving about the same FPS (60+ set @ unlimited), in the air (which is close to my Monitor refresh of 60hz) using payware aircraft. So I am happy with that.

BTW: Client update only. rebuild of Prepar3D.cfg using a couple of Rob's tweaks.

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Well I'm definitely NOT going to reinstall my whole OS for P3D. A fresh install of the sim is bad enough. Odd that I am one of the few that got a noticeable decrease in FPS and longer load times with 4.4 though. It's not terrible per se but it's definitely down from 30-42fps in the same spot with V4.3 to 27-37fps with V4.4.

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

19 minutes ago, J0nx said:

Well I'm definitely NOT going to reinstall my whole OS for P3D. A fresh install of the sim is bad enough. Odd that I am one of the few that got a noticeable decrease in FPS and longer load times with 4.4 though. It's not terrible per se but it's definitely down from 30-42fps in the same spot with V4.3 to 27-37fps with V4.4.

Can you do me a favor - can you run lorby addon' tool - do a search for conflicting files and package conflicts.  And then in the tools there is an option - check encoding.  I have noticed if any of the prepar3d xml files are not encoded right - then slow things happens.  I just open the offending xml file in notepad++ and then change the encoding to UCS-2 LE BOM - save the file.  Then rerun the lorby's tool and check for encoding again.  If it says all is good - then try the sim

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

How is the 512 and 1024 textures for photoreal set?  In the CFG?

13 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

How is the 512 and 1024 textures for photoreal set?  In the CFG?

If you have "Use high res terrain textures" set in the UI, you are getting 512.  If not, you get 256.

For 1012, you have to edit the p3d config file.

512 is nice... and 1024 is actually not worth it, IMHO... but by all means, try it if you have 8GB+ VRAM.  (and lots of patience...) :smile:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you have "Use high res terrain textures" set in the UI, you are getting 512.  If not, you get 256.

For 1012, you have to edit the p3d config file.

512 is nice... and 1024 is actually not worth it, IMHO... but by all means, try it if you have 8GB+ VRAM.  (and lots of patience...) :smile:

Perfect, thank you

Gone back to 4.3.I use F1's GTN 750 a lot in various GA aircraft. Right now it's not compatible. So back it goes. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I very much like what they have done to the airport beacons. That cone is gone!:biggrin:

However the lights emanating from the beacons go through objects as if they did not exist.:wacko:

Edited by pracines

5 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Can you do me a favor - can you run lorby addon' tool - do a search for conflicting files and package conflicts.  And then in the tools there is an option - check encoding.  I have noticed if any of the prepar3d xml files are not encoded right - then slow things happens.  I just open the offending xml file in notepad++ and then change the encoding to UCS-2 LE BOM - save the file.  Then rerun the lorby's tool and check for encoding again.  If it says all is good - then try the sim

Sorry Skywolf, I hadn’t checked this forum and got some free time tonight and went ahead and reinstalled everything. Didn’t take long because I don’t have many addons beyond all of my orbx scenery. Things at least are back to same FPS I was getting. Load times are a bit better too. I think the past two changes from 4.2 to 4.3 to 4.4 was just too much. I need to test more but either way it isn’t going to win any speed awards with orbx areas in the PNW with the A2A 172 which is primarily how I fly. 

Edited by J0nx

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

1 hour ago, pracines said:

However the lights emanating from the beacons go through objects as if they did not exist

That's odd, I'm not seeing that ... do you have specific location/coordinates I can check?  Assume you have DL enabled?

Cheers, Rob.

10 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

That's odd, I'm not seeing that ... do you have specific location/coordinates I can check?  Assume you have DL enabled?

Cheers, Rob.

The airport is KGDB parking spot 1, it was about 8 pm local -  DL is enabled. The buildings receive the light, but the light illuminates the ground opposite and behind the bldgs., where I would expect a shadow...all shadow settings on/max except terrain

Edited by pracines

43 minutes ago, pracines said:

The airport is KGDB parking spot 1, it was about 8 pm local -  DL is enabled. The buildings receive the light, but the light illuminates the ground opposite and behind the bldgs., where I would expect a shadow...all shadow settings on/max except terrain

Same here.
LBrkKnM.jpg

thanks for posting the screenshot Bill. Yes that is the (not huge, but maybe correctable?) issue I mean.

I had to "verify files" for FTX Global Base, reinstall themes for Rex Airport HD and Envtex, but other than that every other add-on worked either with a 4.4 compatible update or in most cases, doing nothing at all.