Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

On 12/3/2018 at 6:19 AM, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hello all, so far with p3d 4.4 everything perfect. No more problems with missing 

autogen rendering, 30-35 FPS in payware airports, 45-50 FPS high altitudes with heavy aircrafts. No p3d 4.4 cfg teaks 

Anyone can help please with shadows in the cockpit because look like tremble 

and doesn’t look realistic.

Please advise

George

You need to change shadow map sizes in cfg file. Google it. I increased them by 4x.... cockpit shadows sharp as a razor.

I did a full, clean install - out with the old, in with the new. The new version is GORGEOUS. I have a feeling that people just swapping the client aren't getting the full effect. I did the install, installed a few of my addons and did a flight around the Caribbean (FlyTampa SXM). It is just stunning. Night and day how the clouds look, the water, there's a depth to it now. The reflections and sun effects, the twilight lighting. It is is simply amazing. 

I have overall had a good experience with the update.  I updated from 4.1.  I have the invisible F-16 which some other people seem to have.  I never fly that aircraft, but it gives me concerns about future PBR utilization.  I uninstalled/installed client and content.  I also deleted shaders and the prepar3d.cfg allowing 4.4 to rebuild those.  I did an additional redownload and uninstall/install of the client to see if that fixed the F-16, but it did not.  Other than that issue, a modest and pleasant improvement in performance and visuals.  Add-on's are about 99.9% working with appropriate updates.

Edited by medx421

3 hours ago, mryan75 said:

I did a full, clean install - out with the old, in with the new. The new version is GORGEOUS. I have a feeling that people just swapping the client aren't getting the full effect. I did the install, installed a few of my addons and did a flight around the Caribbean (FlyTampa SXM). It is just stunning. Night and day how the clouds look, the water, there's a depth to it now. The reflections and sun effects, the twilight lighting. It is is simply amazing. 

Yep did the same, and fully agree.

I did the client install only because I have way too many 3rd party addons and was told there is nothing much to the scenery and content for my flying (tubeliners).  After 1 flight, I didn't see any difference at all from 4.3.  I did a night flight from KAUS-KIAH in the FSlabs320.  Though it ran well, I didn't see any visual differences at all.  Maybe its just me.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

6 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I did the client install only because I have way too many 3rd party addons and was told there is nothing much to the scenery and content for my flying (tubeliners).  After 1 flight, I didn't see any difference at all from 4.3.  I did a night flight from KAUS-KIAH in the FSlabs320.  Though it ran well, I didn't see any visual differences at all.  Maybe its just me.  

Well I guess it depends on what you're looking at. If you run photoscenery and haven't seen any difference with loading and sharpness at distance, then clearly something is amiss.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

20 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Well I guess it depends on what you're looking at. If you run photoscenery and haven't seen any difference with loading and sharpness at distance, then clearly something is amiss.

Could also be that the CPU is the bottleneck using the FSLabs A320. There might just not be any more power to render the scenery/textures. I have a little of the same . To much speed with the PMDG747 at low altitude has a tendency to blurry the textures.

Going up to FL300 and above the textures is crisp again. Thats why i hope the FSPS Dynamic FFTF software is soon available for 4.4. It gives me crips textures already at or above 5000 feet because this altitude is set to 0,40-,0,50 rendering time for the CPU for textures. (can be set to any altitude and time between 0,01-0,99 btw).

I run unlimited FPS with VSYNC@25HZ

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Could also be that the CPU is the bottleneck using the FSLabs A320. There might just not be any more power to render the scenery/textures. I have a little of the same . To much speed with the PMDG747 at low altitude has a tendency to blurry the textures.

Going up to FL300 and above the textures is crisp again. Thats why i hope the FSPS Dynamic FFTF software is soon available for 4.4. It gives me crips textures already at or above 5000 feet because this altitude is set to 0,40-,0,50 rendering time for the CPU for textures. (can be set to any altitude and time between 0,01-0,99 btw).

I run unlimited FPS with VSYNC@25HZ

Michael Moe

Michael, does this FFTF utility run automatically depending on height. ie, does the FFTF value change to a predetermined value set depending on height? This is what I'm reading?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Michael, does this FFTF utility run automatically depending on height. ie, does the FFTF value change to a predetermined value set depending on height? This is what I'm reading?

Yes , its one of the method that it can .  For instance a zero feet AGL the value is 0,01 , and then slowly with rising  AGL it will adjust up to a predetermined value at a specific point (5000 feet and above, is my setup with FFTF at 0,40)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

5 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Yes , its one of the method that it can .  For instance a zero feet AGL the value is 0,01 , and then slowly with rising  AGL it will adjust up to a predetermined value at a specific point (5000 feet is my setup with FFTF at 0,40)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Blimey, I had no idea. I may well check this out when it's had the update. However, my experience has been that the FFTF, in my rig anyway, has no effect whatsoever with texture loading, only with FPS. I will check it out though all the same. EDIT: Just been online to check it out and it appears that it is V4 compatible. What do you know about it's compatibility with v4.4? You say you hope it will be ready soon, is there evidence that it does not work with v4.4?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard

1 minute ago, Rockliffe said:

Blimey, I had no idea. I may well check this out when it's had the update. However, my experience has been that the FFTF, in my rig anyway, has no effect whatsoever with texture loading, only with FPS. I will check it out though all the same.

It you have locked FPS inside P3Dv4 your default FFTF value today is 0,33. 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

3 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

It you have locked FPS inside P3Dv4 your default FFTF value today is 0,33. 

Michael Moe

Hmmm, are you saying a value of 0.1 is overriden and becomes 0.33 if I run at locked frames? If so this is bad news for me, because the testing I have done has returned positive results for locking framerates inside P3d to help with autogen loading at destination airports.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard

22 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hmmm, are you saying a value of 0.1 is overriden and becomes 0.33 if I run at locked frames? If so this is bad news for me, because the testing I have done has returned positive results for locking framerates inside P3d to help with autogen loading at destination airports.

I a not a champion with locked FPS situation Howard. Do you have a FFTF entry manually put in P3D.CFG ? if yes you are overwritten the default 0.33 as what i am understanding.

otherwise i recommend reading there site here : https://www.fspsstore.com/blog/news/fftf-dynamic-p3dv4

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

16 hours ago, mryan75 said:

Are the effects that you are referring to default or are you using Rex Skyforce, Active Sky, etc?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

4 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I don't use photoscenery but use 3rd party airports for all of my flights and since I flew at night, it was hard to tell anything different.  I'll be able to do a day flight tomorrow and be able to notice more differences hopefully.  Also, when running Active Sky, the upgrade to 4.4 somehow turned off real time weather so my flight was clear the entire flight and I didn't notice the settings until I was on final and noticed the RW metar was way different than what was shown in the sim.