Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

I a not a champion with locked FPS situation Howard. Do you have a FFTF entry manually put in P3D.CFG ? if yes you are overwritten the default 0.33 as what i am understanding.

otherwise i recommend reading there site here : https://www.fspsstore.com/blog/news/fftf-dynamic-p3dv4

Michael Moe 

Hi Micheal, sure, I use FFTF=0.01 which works flawlessly in providing a smoother sim. I will do some further research. Thanks.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

12 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I don't use photoscenery but use 3rd party airports for all of my flights and since I flew at night, it was hard to tell anything different.  I'll be able to do a day flight tomorrow and be able to notice more differences hopefully.  Also, when running Active Sky, the upgrade to 4.4 somehow turned off real time weather so my flight was clear the entire flight and I didn't notice the settings until I was on final and noticed the RW metar was way different than what was shown in the sim.

You probably won't see any difference in landclass textures, only photosceneries, as it is photoscenery that has been changed by LM so that it loads at the same resolution as landclass.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

3 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

does this FFTF utility run automatically depending on height. ie, does the FFTF value change to a predetermined value set depending on height?

Yes, with a gradual change. But it can also vary it dynamically to try to maintain frame rates. I use it this way and it works well for me, otherwise I have to keep the configured FFTF value down to 0.05 or even 0.01 to get decent frame rates, and suffer possible blurries when flying as a result.

Currently waiting for a 4.4 compatible version.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Just now, Pete Dowson said:

Yes, with a gradual change. But it can also vary it dynamically to try to maintain frame rates. I use it this way and it works well for me, otherwise I have to keep the configured FFTF value down to 0.05 or even 0.01 to get decent frame rates, and suffer possible blurries when flying as a result.

Currently waiting for a 4.4 compatible version.

Pete

Great info Pete, thanks. Can you confirm that this utility works when locking framerates, or does it only function with unlimited framerates? Thanks.

Howard

2 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Great info Pete, thanks. Can you confirm that this utility works when locking framerates, or does it only function with unlimited framerates?

I don't use the limiter in P3D4 (relying on VSync instead with projectors at 30Hz), but I don't think any P3D settings affect it. I think it is directly hacking the value in P3D memory (which would explain wht it takes a few dats to update it for each release).

Shame Achilles isn't on the Beta list, but of course L-M frown on hacking into code. I did it with P3D1-3, but agreed with them not to with P3D4 after they accepted my list of needs for FSUIPC, most of which have been met.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

8 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I don't use the limiter in P3D4 (relying on VSync instead with projectors at 30Hz), but I don't think any P3D settings affect it. I think it is directly hacking the value in P3D memory (which would explain wht it takes a few dats to update it for each release).

Shame Achilles isn't on the Beta list, but of course L-M frown on hacking into code. I did it with P3D1-3, but agreed with them not to with P3D4 after they accepted my list of needs for FSUIPC, most of which have been met.

Pete

Interesting. I will wait for the update and add it to my Christmas, or post Christmas pressie list to myself! Many thanks.

Howard

Hello,

I have just updated  P3D v4 to  v4.4 Client and Content. Everything is working fine except the Lockheed Martin F-16

When I load it, there is no aircraft displayed, just an engine noise.

I updated to the latest Nvidia driver 417.22 and deleted my previous shaders folder  at C:\Users\<ME>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

No change!

All other aircraft display just fine.

PBR related?

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew

Edited by ampharoah

On 11/29/2018 at 11:59 AM, Bert Pieke said:

That is what I did.

1. Uninstall V4.3. Client

2. Install .NET update

3. Install V4.4. client

4. Delete Shaders

5. Start up P3D

Worked like a charm.. just a bit of a wait first time.. be patient.

Hit F11 if you get antsy..

I did this but also deleted the "temp" directories and it was CTD but found out that the REX/Milviz radar was the culprit so if you have a 310R redux just don't load the wx default yet.

Even at the default medium settings Orbx is impressive. Also I didn't change anything and my default fsx C172, B58 and King Air still work if anyone still uses that.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

On 12/6/2018 at 1:18 PM, ampharoah said:

I have just updated  P3D v4 to  v4.4 Client and Content. Everything is working fine except the Lockheed Martin F-16Can anyone please advise?

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew

If you are talking about the default F-16c then yes it's working for me.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Yes, I'm talking about the default LM F-16c

Strange....I'm please to read that its working for you.

I cant think why just one aircraft would be failing to display in this way unless its related to PBR modifications in this one model perhaps?

Can anyone suggest a possible cause of this behavior and remedy please?

Andrew

3 hours ago, ampharoah said:

Yes, I'm talking about the default LM F-16c

Can anyone suggest a possible cause of this behavior and remedy please?

1. Did you deleted all the files in Shaders folder ?  (C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

2. If you are using EZDOK: Did you forgot to run the Config tool ?

Mike

Edited by Mikelab6

Hi Mikelab6

Thanks for responding.

I deleted the shades folder complete and allowed P3D to re-create it.

I don't use EZDOK ( used to so know the problem). I now use ChasePlane - much better.

Andrew

Edited by ampharoah

Man, I've been plagued with problems since updating to 4.4. It's a bummer because I got one flight in with the new update and was blown away. Now I am getting blurries when I fly. Worse than ever before. I am running the TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9 tweak and my sim settings are on high. My GPU (1080) is only running at 70% Memory usage and 60% GPU usage. Any suggestions on how to get the sim back to being crisp?

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

After removing TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9 tweak , the blurries flew out of the window

40 minutes ago, kurtb said:

After removing TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9 tweak , the blurries flew out of the window

I'll test that too. I had the opposite happen in earlier tests but that was a while ago. Here is a screen shot of what I'm experiencing both with blurries and autogen drawing.

I currently have:

[GRAPHICS]
ENABLE_MEMORY_OPTIMIZATION=0
MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=640000.000000

[SCENERY]
SCENERY_DRAW_DISTANCE=32000.000000

[TEXTURE]

TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9

45509319894_5c201d1374_h.jpg

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot