Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

I wonder why I don't have this sound problem? I have updated only Client 4.4...

Richard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

6 hours ago, Shomron said:

Thanks will try it out! I wonder what the logic behind this change is...

LM have made some significant changes to sound support that is now available to developers/content providers.  It is LMs hope, 3rd party embrace and use those new features as they are no longer bound to some of the older sound limitations and/or work-arounds.

Cheers, Rob.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

I wonder why I don't have this sound problem? I have updated only Client 4.4...

Richard

Very odd. I too only update the client, but have since had several issues with sound.

4 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Wow this topic is on 🔥🔥🔥

5Cuqe7N.png

Yeah 🍻

PS - 

Insert audio track Prodigy - Firestarter

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

I've had 4.4 installed for a week now, I only did the client and content but I've spent the week trying to get the rich full colours that I had in 4.3, now I know P.T.A is compatible (2.63) but with my same preset it still looks washed out for some reason, I'm unable to get Reshade to work correctly, when I say correctly it does work but plays terrible havoc with P3D's menu and control panel, so the washed out look is that with everybody or just me as I just can't to get it looking as good as 4.3, does anybody have any suggestions?

Regards Rod.

Its not only PTA, you need also compatible presets. And also for Reshade.

I had sound problems but found my sound was set to 16 bit.  Changed it to 24 bit and the issues went away.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I had sound problems but found my sound was set to 16 bit.  Changed it to 24 bit and the issues went away.

That might explain why I don't have the sound problem. I just checked, my default format is 24bits, 48000Hz.

Richard

48 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Hmm, I have sound issues as well.  Will have to check this.  Thanks, Jim.

19 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

LM have made some significant changes to sound support that is now available to developers/content providers.  It is LMs hope, 3rd party embrace and use those new features as they are no longer bound to some of the older sound limitations and/or work-arounds.

Cheers, Rob.

What is achievable with the new sound tech, Rob?  In my opinion, sounds are significantly underrated in FS. Glad its getting attention

On 12/6/2018 at 9:00 AM, Zimmerbz said:

Are the effects that you are referring to default or are you using Rex Skyforce, Active Sky, etc?

REX4.