Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just now, GSalden said:

“The fix” 

What was the issue ?

Some users are experiencing some sounds issues.

Regards 

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Some users are experiencing some sounds issues.

Regards 

Simbol 

Ok . Thanks 

No issues here ..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, monica6211 said:

Just posted in the LM forums. The post if from  username "Symbol" who post the fix as this:

You can fix this yourself by either:

A) Changing your sound device output to 24bit

or

B) Adding this entry to your Prepard3d.cfg file:

[sound]
time_constant=0

 

I haven't tried it yet since I haven't noticed the issue on my sim, but I know everyone is anxious for the fix so I thought I'd post it here.

 

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

“The fix” 

What was the issue ?

 

Just now, simbol said:

Some users are experiencing some sounds issues.

Regards 

Simbol 

Come on! Are we trying to be vague here? Be specific, informative. What is this about?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Rimshot said:

Come on! Are we trying to be vague here? Be specific, informative. What is this about?

What more specific information do you want? Some people are experiencing sounds issues with P3D 4.4, if you do, you can implement the fixes explained here.

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post

I will try the fix, since i have sound issue that manifests as if engines spool up  every time i switch views. And since my sound settings are on 24 bit will try adding the line in p3d.cfg

Edited by Johnny19

Share this post


Link to post

because this eleminated the stutters on my machine. I remember that i´ve read somewhere from Rob, that the v-sync option in p3d is not comparable to those in other games like 3d-shooters etc. And he sugested to turn that on anyway. And, i can´t even notice any difference if v-sync is on or not. And Rob said, to find the framerate where the sim runs smooth and then turn down 2 to 3 Frames.

So in very highdensed Airports like eddf my framerate became stutterless at 30 and so i put that at 27. And yeah, Bingo that works very well. absolute smooth moving. I Always look at the green and blue taxiwaylights passing the screenboarder, because there u can even notice very litle microstutters. Those are disapeared with my Settings.

reg.Bernd

 

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

I will try the fix, since i have sound issue that manifests as if engines spool up  every time i switch views. And since my sound settings are on 24 bit will try adding the line in p3d.cfg

Is that the issue? that happens with all the aircraft?. Could anyone confirm?.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, edpatino said:

Is that the issue? that happens with all the aircraft?. Could anyone confirm?.

Cheers, Ed

Yes, but not everyone is experiencing it.

Regards,

Simbol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Is that the issue? that happens with all the aircraft?. Could anyone confirm?.

Cheers, Ed

Yep happened to me on all aircraft

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the merge

Edited by Skywolf

Share this post


Link to post

There is a problem that leads to sound sounding "wrong". Wrong pitch when changing cameras and these things. This fixes that. For some.

Share this post


Link to post

Merged the hotfix topic with this topic as Simbol had already posted the information on page 17 of this topic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, simbol said:

What more specific information do you want? Some people are experiencing sounds issues with P3D 4.4, if you do, you can implement the fixes explained here.

Simbol 

Duh, for instance what kind of sound issues some folks are experiencing, which you are still being vague about. And I'm the the curious type .. 😊 But thanks anyway, it has become clear later in the thread... 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Duh, for instance what kind of sound issues some folks are experiencing, which you are still being vague about. And I'm the the curious type .. 😊 But thanks anyway, it has become clear later in the thread... 

The issue has been explained many times, It is all over the topics on AVSIM, P3D and many other flying simulation forums, so I don't see the need to keep repeating the same information all over again.

Jim thanks for merging the threads.

Regards 

Simbol 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sorry if this fix has been posted before. I must have missed it, otherwise I would not have posted it. It is a shame that people have to get so bent out of shape just because someone posts something that has already been posted before. I was just trying to help others. But I guess I will stop trying to help because I hate seeing so many people complaining about others' attempts to help. Not everyone reads every single line of every single post of every single topic. So naturally we are going to see topics come up more than once. Why can't we all just be thankful that there are people in these forums who actually speak up and honestly try to help others. I only look through this forum because  I find alot of interesting information related to aviation. I don't go in to "other flying simulation forums", since I rarely need help from others when I have a problem. And I just happened to look on LM's forums only because I accidentally hit a link to their site. Why is it these forums keep getting more and more viscous? I was just trying to help.

Share this post


Link to post

Error, please delete...Sorry.

Edited by DrumsArt

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, monica6211 said:

I'm sorry if this fix has been posted before. I must have missed it, otherwise I would not have posted it. It is a shame that people have to get so bent out of shape just because someone posts something that has already been posted before. I was just trying to help others. But I guess I will stop trying to help because I hate seeing so many people complaining about others' attempts to help. Not everyone reads every single line of every single post of every single topic. So naturally we are going to see topics come up more than once. Why can't we all just be thankful that there are people in these forums who actually speak up and honestly try to help others. I only look through this forum because  I find alot of interesting information related to aviation. I don't go in to "other flying simulation forums", since I rarely need help from others when I have a problem. And I just happened to look on LM's forums only because I accidentally hit a link to their site. Why is it these forums keep getting more and more viscous? I was just trying to help.

Monica, I can safely say that the remark did not apply to you...

Richard

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, monica6211 said:

Why is it these forums keep getting more and more viscous? I was just trying to help.

There is always one person in a thread that pollutes it for everyone else....don't worry about it.  Everyone knew what was being talked about...just one person had to fire it up.  Just ignore it.  It's par for the course for AVSIM lately.  Been here for over 20yrs, and the self entitled are taking over.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Back on topic, I  can say like @Rockcliffe I'm also very happy with the 4.4 upgrade. I  did Client and Content and it went very smoothly. Concidering my system is now over 5 years old I can say with this upgrade the system is giving the best performance I have ever seen. Frames are good but it is the smoothness that is most notable. Flying in a Orbx Cityscape area is the only time things bog down, frames are still 20-25 but here I Do experience pauses while autogen loads. Given the bottleneck of my lowly 770 graphics card with only 2Gb I can only be amazed compared to the old FSX days.

Thanks to the team at Lockheed Martin.

Edited by antonvs

Share this post


Link to post

45 million views!!? 🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/13/2018 at 1:35 AM, monica6211 said:

I'm sorry if this fix has been posted before. I must have missed it, otherwise I would not have posted it. It is a shame that people have to get so bent out of shape just because someone posts something that has already been posted before. I was just trying to help others. But I guess I will stop trying to help because I hate seeing so many people complaining about others' attempts to help. Not everyone reads every single line of every single post of every single topic. So naturally we are going to see topics come up more than once. Why can't we all just be thankful that there are people in these forums who actually speak up and honestly try to help others. I only look through this forum because  I find alot of interesting information related to aviation. I don't go in to "other flying simulation forums", since I rarely need help from others when I have a problem. And I just happened to look on LM's forums only because I accidentally hit a link to their site. Why is it these forums keep getting more and more viscous? I was just trying to help.

They do not 'read every line of a post', you are correct.

.... especially, when they are faced with huge blocks of text, with no use of paragraphs.... (and often, poor grammar and punctuation.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

They do not 'read every line of a post', you are correct.

.... especially, when they are faced with huge blocks of text, with no use of paragraphs.... (and often, poor grammar and punctuation.)

 

That was an unnecessary comment - especially a month later. 

Let's close this.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.