Sign in to follow this  

P3D v4.4 and settings ... and video samples from Beta

Thanks Rob....I am also seeing issues where buildings are now not showing up at all at certain times at some airports.  For example, at Imaginesim KATL in 4.4, I sometimes load up and all of the terminal buildings are gone.  If I switch my scenery complexity slider either up or down they reappear (I usually run full complexity or 1 notch under that).  I have also noticed this at some of the ORBX freeware airports.  I never saw this happen in V4.3 and it seems odd that turning complexity down a notch usually resolves it.  

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 12/8/2018 at 3:14 AM, SierraDelta said:

Playing around with these 3 settings has completely done away with all black building textures and black/silvery AI aircraft at EGLL Pro

Yes, all AI aircraft will also benefit from this setting, they will no longer unload/load their liveries and will remain fully textured all the time.  PMDG series and just about all aircraft will benefit also, if you notice when switching from VC to external view it's instant without waiting for the external aircraft textures to fill in.  

One should be able to eliminate all the black texture render issues with these settings.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

For example, at Imaginesim KATL in 4.4, I sometimes load up and all of the terminal buildings are gone.

I'm not experiencing that, sorry.  You'll best bet is to bring that issue up with ImagineSim and/or ORBX.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks, Rob. This is the most useful tweek I've seen for Prepar3d 4.4, in fact, the only one that I plan to use for now. This is a game changer for photoreal scenery and flying to and from complex airports.

And it seems to work fine on my GTX 1070 card. The only oddity I've seen so far - while the buildings stay loaded and remain when I pan around an airport, sometimes there will be some latency in the runways loading. But other than that, fantastic find.

Rich

On 11/29/2018 at 11:05 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

[GRAPHICS]
ENABLE_MEMORY_OPTIMIZATION=0
MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=320000.000000
[DISPLAY]
MaintainSystemCopyOfDeviceTextures=0
[SCENERY]
SCENERY_DRAW_DISTANCE=64000.000000

Thank you Rob!

Totally transformed sim here: unbelievable.

Cheers,

Edited by ffantasy67
  • Like 1

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

2 hours ago, ffantasy67 said:

Thank you Rob!

Totally transformed sim here: unbelievable.

Cheers,

Day off tomorrow, cannot wait to get stuck in to these tweaks Denzil

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.

hi all

i just want to say thank you to rob for the videos and great explanation

these tweaks are the best i have heard of or tried

thank you

jeff storey

Yes, he is a real star.

Thanks Rob

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, joepoway said:

My 1070 with 8Gb of ram handles the 320000 tweak fine and only runs up about 5 Gb of ram. It all depends on the slider settings you run with as to how much ram will be loaded. 

I have found the two tweaks:

MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=320000.000000   (Modify this line)

ENABLE_MEMORY_OPTIMIZATION=0   (Add this line)

to work great even with my 1070 GPU no more scenery unloading and loading. This coupled with the new scenery load distance into the auto gen slider stops most all of my previously frustrating airport loading issues.

Thanks Rob!

Joe

WOW !

This actually works.

I have the CFG default, and the Max Tex Req = 1000 by default, and I always get black airports when panning around.

Just added the 2 lines above, but went with caution at just 160,000 for Tex Req, and OMG - no more black textures.

I have a 1080 GTX and still only having 55 percent usage and 4 GB of VRAM from the 8 available - at Aerosoft Anchorage and OrbX SAK.

Very nice mod. Thanks to all !

1080ti SLI every time I close p3d the error report says error in cfg graphics section duplicate. I look into the cfg and up top are my graphics and down near the bottom there's a second graphics section same as the first. Is this because of sli?

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

On 11/29/2018 at 8:54 AM, Guest said:

I was going to post this in the video section but these aren't really "show case" videos, they are/were testing videos that I thought I'd share.  I plan to do another video later for this thread where I get into detail some of the graphics settings along with some SLI settings (I should say "aimed" at SLI configurations as they can still be used in non-SLI) in the prepar3d.cfg and how to make sure airports don't load/unload when they are relatively close to your position

Hi Rob,

Just found your post while pulling my hair out trying to land at ORBX airports in Australia with black textures. Sometimes the scenery wasn't popping in properly until after I'd hit the runway.

I've added your teaks and now no issues.

Very much appreciate the help.

Cheers

Mick

Edited by mikeyjames
Spelling