Sign in to follow this  
William516

GTN 750 will not go past "PRESS TO CONTINUE" (resolved)

1. Trainer is running ok as standalone.
2. Have altered RealityXP.GTN.ini as suggested and places DebugValue and LogTrainer. [GTN_750_1]
DebugValue = 0
LogTrainer = 0

3. Forced Nvidia card to run as per page 16 of manual.
4. Sorted Control Folder Access Controls.

rxpGTN.xpl.log now looks like this
19/01/08 20:04:46.942 16168 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.10.0
19/01/08 20:04:46.942 16168 INFO ] 
rxpGtnSim.dll.log now looks like this
19/01/08 20:04:50.144 16168 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.10.0
19/01/08 20:04:50.143 16168 INFO ] 
19/01/08 20:07:23.224 11536 INFO ] 
19/01/08 20:07:23.864 08948 INFO ] 
19/01/08 20:12:26.292 12452 INFO ] 
19/01/08 20:13:26.951 07108 INFO ] 
19/01/08 20:13:57.179 05440 INFO ] 
Thanks for your help. In the meantime I'll try and contact the guy who made the Youtube video of Citation using the GTN750 and find out what his settings are.

7 hours ago, powlcown said:

Hi fppilot. Did my post 'problem with RXP gtn 750' not show on forum yet? I'm new to this so please excuse any errors.

You mentioned xplane and steam, I did not know there was a steam edition of xplane.  My mistake.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

No problem. As you see I'm still working on my problems with GTN750 installation to Citation S555. Cheers from Ireland

you might want to change DebugValue and LogTrainer both to =1 instead of =0 and see if there are any new entry in the log files.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Well I did a complete re download and install today. Regretfully still no joy. Garmin screen comes up with logo and my name. Press continue button and the screen goes blank. 

Perhaps it's a hard earned lesson for a retired vintage pilot like myself that I should not be trying to install avionics at my age! Stick to aircfaft with built in avionics.

If anyone out there has the Carenado S550 citation with the GTN750 installed I'd be much obliged it they would send me their RealityXP.GTN ini file PLUS any other useful tips for installing. In the meantime I'll keep the program on disk and fly aircraft like the Eclipse 550 NG and Cirrus SF-50 which have excellent Garmin equipment.

Thank you for your help and sorry that it did'nt work out for me.

@powlcown you're almost there, you have already added DebugValue = 0 and LogTrainer = 0 settings manually. Obviously when set to 0 (zero) they won't do anything. You just have to reopen the ini file, set both to 1 (one) instead of 0 (zero), save the changes and load the aircraft again to make these settings write additional diagnostic information to the log files. That's all!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Yes done that but no difference. Turn on plugin in simulator. Screen comes up with my name and garmin logo. When I press continue button screen goes blank. I go back to plugin menu turn it of and then on again and screen comes back on until again I press continue button when it goes blank again. Its as if its not receiving and data for screen icons. The only other thing I can think of is that Reality download went to my C drive whereas Xplane 11 is running on my D drive. Also in Display settings in Plugin under Screen Rheostat Source Index: should this be set at 0,1,2,or 3. 

Incidentally here are my latest log files

19/01/09 17:10:44.726 05656 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.10.0
19/01/09 17:10:44.726 05656 INFO ] 

19/01/09 17:10:48.542 05656 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.10.0
19/01/09 17:10:48.541 05656 INFO ] 
19/01/09 17:14:18.972 04920 INFO ] 
19/01/09 17:14:20.319 10232 INFO ] GFX Debug: enabled.
19/01/09 17:22:39.975 08896 INFO ] 
19/01/09 17:22:40.734 07084 INFO ] GFX Debug: enabled.
19/01/09 17:24:00.202 10436 INFO ] 
19/01/09 17:24:00.928 09468 INFO ] GFX Debug: enabled.

Ok, this doesn't show any particular error.

Have you installed the trainer as admin? Are you running the simulator as admin? If this is the case, you shouldn't and besides RXP, you should never unless it is an admin tool/app. Can you confirm this?

As far as I am aware I never right click on mouse button and use "run as administer". I always either double click or right click and click open.

Last time I opened xplane and ran ciation gtn750 screen stayed on after pressing continue button. Button also stayed blue but notthing happened.

@powlcown I've merged your discussion with an older one dealing with the very same symptoms. Can you please review this old discussion and let me know if there is anything there which helps on your system?

Big advance today.

1. Uninstalled both GTN750 and any files associated with RealityXP from both my C and D drives.

2. Uninstalled Carenado Citation.

3. Reinstalled RealityXP onto my D drive where xplane 11 runs.

4. Loaded plugin to Standard Cessna. GTN750 fired up ok but still with same problems (logo and my name and when hit continue button blank screen). My heart missed a beat.

5. Remembered what Jean-Luc told me about computer running two graphic cards.

6. Checked that xplane was running on Nvidia and not intel. Xplane indeed was. However when I checked GTN.exe I discovered it was still on intel and changed this to Nvidia. Turned off computer and rebooted.

7. Hey presto it worked!

8. Conclusion: It apears that the graphics were the problem. Next task is to reinstall Citation. Fingers crossed. However I'm fairly confident that this should now work. I'll report tomorrow. Bed time here now!

Thanks Jean-Luc for your help. It pays to persevere.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, powlcown said:

Thanks Jean-Luc for your help. It pays to persevere. 

Indeed, I'm glad you've hanged in there with us!

Please note this is also documented in the RXP GTN User's Manulal troubleshooting chapter for future reference.

PS: I've discovered the 'recommendation' forum feature lately and I've also 'recommended' my post for quicker lookup!

Edited by RXP