Sign in to follow this  
Wiss

Blurries continue with P3D v4.4

9 hours ago, redchiefnr1 said:

You can do this:

put this line in your prepar3d.cfg with a text editor in the TERRAIN section of the file:

[TERRAIN]
TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10

You can find the prepar3d.cfg here: c:/user/AppData/roaming/Lockeed Martin/Prepar3d v4/prepar3d.cfg

Be Aware that you need more Memory on your graphic gard with this Setting then without it

WOOOH there son.

youll need a gfx card with a quite a  bit of vram for that.  isnt it 6gb at least for exp=10 ?

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

2 minutes ago, tooting said:

isnt it 6gb at least for exp=10 ?

You should have AT LEAST 8 GB, better more.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

2 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

You should have AT LEAST 8 GB, better more.

8 sorry, i knew it was either 6 or 8.

6 is for exp=9 ?

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

Still no clarity on the OP's PC spec or settings makes this a pointless thread and a rather blind diagnosis

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If you have Hyper-threading capabilities, turn if off in the BIOS.  It made things crystal clear using the i7 8086K CPU.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

ive also found removing an incorrect affinity mask (which people on here are obsessed about, its the new wing flex) could help, as well as turning off hyper threading 

• Like 3

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, tooting said:

8 sorry, i knew it was either 6 or 8.

6 is for exp=9 ?

Doesn't really matter. When I had SLI 1080TIs I still left it at 9 to get better performance with high settings in areas like NYC with lots of addon airports.

On my 27" Dell the texture sharpness difference is negligible on 9 compared to 10.

If you are a GA Photoreal Mega Scenery guy than I could understand wanting 10.

But with FSGlobal '18 and a full Orbx Suite complimenting it with lots of autogen and high res mesh, the exp 9 works very well IMO.

Edited by American 833 Heavy

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

About my system specs, I have 32 GB of RAM, an Intel i7-4770k quad-core @ 3,5 GHz (without overclocking) and a GTX 970 with 4 GB. Besides, I run my simulator in a 5 TB Toshiba drive with 7200 RPM. I used the exactly same hardware when previously using P3D v3 without any problems. I use Windows 10 64-bit Pro with all its updates.

The video card is up to date, and I use nvidia Inspector too. I have my FPS limited at 60.

The text looks horrible because of the tool that I used to take the screenshot, but in the simulator it looks fine. I will try the suggested adjustments as soon as I get home and I will get back to you. Thanks

If you have an 4770k you should first OC it. I got mine easily to 4.4.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Careful with the Texture...=10 setting..

Your video memory is not sufficient to support that.

• Like 3

Bert

You have a low-end video card these days.

To take a screen shot in Prepar3D... press the 'V' key.  No other software required.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I would agree with the others, 4GB likely is too low for the VRAM to have it do what you want it to do. When I was picking a card for a new build I was advised to go with the 1070 over the 1060 because it had 8GB VRAM instead of 6GB. Looking back that advice was golden! Very sure that saved me a lot of pain down the road.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

TLDR: Big improvement in scenery texture sharpness in the distance but considerable drop in framerate at altitude

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Hello,

I think the fact you used the raptor did not help, it's a pretty fast jet and it asks then way faster regen and maybe the graphic card could not "follow".

Did you tried with a aircraft less fast?

• Upvote 1

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4