Sign in to follow this  
Wiss

Blurries continue with P3D v4.4

I'm not sure what exactly helped but it seems that I solved my problems! I deleted my P3D.cfg again (I had already done it after removing v4.3 and installing v4.4) and added the line TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10.

I have read in many places that putting a value of 10 requres a GPU of more than 10 GB of VRAM (mine has just 4) but still it seems to have done the trick. Still, when testing the simulator the VRAM usage is no bigger than 2 GB. Still, as some of you say, it seems that I have a bottleneck with my GPU.

When testing the loading of the terrain I usually try the F-22 only because it's the default aircraft. Mostly I slew at various speeds to test how fast the terrain loads, so the actual plane used doesn't really matter in this case.

The thing that annoyed me the most was that I had blurred tiles even if I reloaded the scenery at some location, so it was not a matter of the loading of the terrain not following my plane.

Still, it seems that I solved it by adding the mentioned line in the cfg. Also I set TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD to 4096

Thanks everybody for your inputs!

• Like 1

Yeah... I have no idea what your actual settings are... but that setting means sooner or later your system is going to freeze up as it tries to load scenery and then it's going to start dropping textures... and stutter... really nasty.  Of course... that's in normal mode... not slew.  Slew isn't a valid test environment.

But... you really don't need to listen to us...

Edited by WarpD
  • Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

1 hour ago, Wiss said:

When testing the loading of the terrain I usually try the F-22 only because it's the default aircraft. Mostly I slew at various speeds to test how fast the terrain loads, so the actual plane used doesn't really matter in this case.

You're kidding, right?

You're testing scenery/texture loading efficiency, by slewing around?! No wonder, you get blurries...  It sounds to me like you're trying to achieve the impossible, and then blaming P3D and developers and not questioning your own actions, when your test and expectations inevitably fails. 

Could you please, please start by setting up P3D properly? There's a lot of very good guides in here for that - and there's a huge resource of very knowledgeable users in here, standing by to assist you. Do the testing properly and manage your expectations. 🙂  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I am tired , because of some people dont want to listen each other , and continue talking about AM,  texture size and some operations with prepare config file. If you dont know, you are shouldnt give an advises. 

Now, I give you the truth. I am in big shock, that Lockheeds didnt solve their main problem.

After numerous times of expirementing, I am 100 percent sure , that hi-end pc*s suffer because of windows 1803.........1809. This is 100 percent trully, and was checked by me 15 times.

At first , I started from windows 1601,  same addons, GOOD.

WINDOWS 1506, GOOD.

WINDOWS 1709, GOOD.

WINDOWS 7, GOOD.

WINDOWS 8, GOOD.

AND MAY 2018, BAD,BAD,BAD. WHY ?

WINDOWS 1803 OR PREPARE3D 4.2, BUT AS I SAID PREPARE4.2 WAS TESTED BY ME IN (SEE ABOVE). 

IN WINDOWS 1803 and now in 1809 CPU USAGE higer , then it was before.

I checked with addons and without. 

Prepare3d 4.4 as I have tested a little, better then 4.3, but much worse then it was till Windows 1803.

Who has good PC and has blluries can install earlier version of Windows and see.

Prepare3d 4.4 has new features. But main pain is still with us. And ,as I see, nothing will change. So , maybe Prepare3d 5.0 will bring good news. 

Please do as Anders has suggested above. It would help you, and everyone else here, if you posted your P3d settings and cfg. It's a rediculous situation for people to be giving advice on any kind of performance issue in FSX or P3d without knowing the 'in sim' slider settings and your cfg setup 😊

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Please, do not advise standard things, and read attentively, what I wrote. 

I reinstall different version of windows 15 times. 

And blurries are present only in windows 1803 .......

This is 100 percent. 

22 minutes ago, Marina Kosherova said:

Please, do not advise standard things, and read attentively, what I wrote. 

I reinstall different version of windows 15 times. 

And blurries are present only in windows 1803 .......

This is 100 percent. 

Many beta testers for P3D 4.4 (including me) tested the system using Windows 10 1809, others with 1803 and others with Windows 7 x64 bit. and we were unable to replicate any blurries with the release candidate.

You need to post your hardware, video card model and P3D settings so we can help you, just because you are experiencing this problem is not an empirical evidence that the issue hasn't been resolved by LM.

You could be enabling settings or hardware configurations that make your PC unable to perform in the way you desire.

Regards,
S.

8 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

You're kidding, right?

You're testing scenery/texture loading efficiency, by slewing around?! No wonder, you get blurries...  It sounds to me like you're trying to achieve the impossible, and then blaming P3D and developers and not questioning your own actions, when your test and expectations inevitably fails. 

Could you please, please start by setting up P3D properly? There's a lot of very good guides in here for that - and there's a huge resource of very knowledgeable users in here, standing by to assist you. Do the testing properly and manage your expectations. 🙂  

No, I'm not kidding. When I say that I slew around at various speeds, I do it at reasonable ones, not 10.000 IAS for example. I slew at speeds that I would normally have in a flight. So you should ask first for details before treating me like a noob. I have spent many years using different versions of Flight Simulator and then Prepar3D. While I'm not an expert in tweaking the simulators, I know a bit on how to make my tests

But when slewing... the sim is actually suspending a great deal of it's efforts to simply move the aircraft.  Your test is invalid.

• Like 2

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

5 hours ago, Marina Kosherova said:

Who has good PC and has blluries can install earlier version of Windows and see.

I would rather cut my arm off  than face the prospect of installing an earlier version of Windows, all my sim software and everything else on my PC (adjusted for earlier Windows versions). - just 'to see' if blurries have resolved.

Some people just do not know how to manage their PC's or the software on it properly - or optimally.  That is always a constant factor here - and has always been.  You are  suggesting using a sledgehammer to crack a peanut shell - unnecessary

• Upvote 1

Independently of the "testing method" I'm glad that Luis found a solution! We chatted a little bit some time ago about this and despite the inputs I gave him, we couldn't figure a solution.

On the other hand, I was very happy with v4.3 , and even more happier with v4.4. Work like butter for me!

Cheers,

Nico

Nicolas Matus Sepulveda

My Specs: Windows 10 Pro 64x // Intel Core i7 4770K // 32GB @ 2400 Mhz Corsair Vengeance // Asus Maximus VI Extreme // NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080TI // 500GB SSD and 2 TB HDD // Prepar3D v5 // FlightSimLabs A320-X, CaptainSim 767 and PMDG 737NGX - 747 QOTSII  // My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/vader7472 - My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/vader7472

I tried the 4.3 version, very bad with blurries and drops fps!

I'm back to the version 4.2 ( work perfectly ).

So if this v4.4 did not solve these problems i do not change.