Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[29NOV18] A few things pending in the days ahead...

On 11/29/2018 at 8:13 AM, rsrandazzo said:

Prepar3D v4.4 Compatibility:  You should have no issues with forward compatibility in any PMDG product currently working in Prepar3D v4.3.  It is very important to us that we not obstruct your forward progress in minor version updates of Prepar3D, so we do not inhibit the airplane from running with a new version.  Such inhibitors are untidy and rather unfriendly- and haven't proven to be necessary in any regard- so if you want to move to P3D v4.4 you won't find any problems on our end.

Excellent news!

On 11/29/2018 at 8:13 AM, rsrandazzo said:

PMDG Forum Move:  We will soon be moving our official forum presence to a new location, departing our beloved location here at AVSim, where we have lived since 1999.  We expect to have a "soft-opening" initially during which we staff both this forum and the new PMDG forum- but we will quickly cut over to the new location and we obviously invite you all to attend the new digs when that happens.  More information soon...

Good luck  😉 👍

25 minutes ago, calzonister said:

Can we expect this update in time for our weekend Long-hauls? 😄

Nobody knows.... this software we are talking about and it's not ready until it is.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 11/29/2018 at 3:13 AM, rsrandazzo said:

It is a pretty comprehensive update with quite a few feature improvements, efficiency enhancements and even some cool new features that we haven't shown you yet.

I was hoping for at least some teaser info on what this could possibly be? I’m sure it would light the forum on fire for a bit!  Have a great weekend.

• Upvote 1

supporter.jpg

Thanks,

Randall Coultas

Spoiler

Flight Sim: P3Dv4,4/ PC: i6700K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Maximus VIII Hero / NZXT Kraken X61 / 16Gb ram / 2 X Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500Gb / WD Black 1TB / Geforce GTX 980ti

as we all are waiting for the lovely bird to get upgraded in the PMDG garage 😄 , I am thinking that it might be the Dynamic lights for the VC :P. Just wishing for it 😄 .

Best Regards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samany69 said:

as we all are waiting for the lovely bird to get upgraded in the PMDG garage 😄 , I am thinking that it might be the Dynamic lights for the VC :P. Just wishing for it 😄 .

Best Regards.

It would be very nice its need it for sure, hence why I made a lighting set for the -8.

Am more hoping for the EFB performance page to work for derated etc. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, Samany69 said:

I am thinking that it might be the Dynamic lights for the VC :P.

I'd hope for some improvement to night lighting as well but was that ever announced? BTW, every addon I've seen so far which uses TFDi's RealLight looks just excellent. May be worth the licensing cost, I'd even be willing to pay for an upgrade of night lighting to my PMDG fleet (737, 747 & 777)...

I'm still not entirely sure how FSLSpotlights achieves dynamic lights in VC - my guess is they hack the DirectX rendering pipeline which explains why it causes crashes when used with certain addons. From what I read in the public P3D SDK documentation there is a strict 1m clamp on camera rendering for scenery which cannot be penetrated (most-likely to protect users from seeing outside scenery objects peek into the cockpit). Otherwise it would be trivial to write a small plugin which can replace FSLSpotlights. Maybe we should petition FSLabs to release their Spotlights source code, now that it is free (as in beer), anyway? I still can't trust them enough to reinstall Spotlights, but it's tempting...

P3D v4.4 again introduced changes to the graphics engine (PBR) but unfortunately missed to allow light sources into that doomed clipping area. 😞

Edited by EnQ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EnQ said:

I'd hope for some improvement to night lighting as well but was that ever announced? BTW, every addon I've seen so far which uses TFDi's RealLight looks just excellent. May be worth the licensing cost, I'd even be willing to pay for an upgrade of night lighting to my PMDG fleet (737, 747 & 777)...

I'm still not entirely sure how FSLSpotlights achieves dynamic lights in VC - my guess is they hack the DirectX rendering pipeline which explains why it causes crashes when used with certain addons. From what I read in the public P3D SDK documentation there is a strict 1m clamp on camera rendering for scenery which cannot be penetrated (most-likely to protect users from seeing outside scenery objects peek into the cockpit). Otherwise it would be trivial to write a small plugin which can replace FSLSpotlights. Maybe we should petition FSLabs to release their Spotlights source code, now that it is free (as in beer), anyway? I still can't trust them enough to reinstall Spotlights, but it's tempting...

P3D v4.4 again introduced changes to the graphics engine (PBR) but unfortunately missed to allow light sources into that doomed clipping area. 😞

I would rather the current night lighting, as other types of night lighting cause performance hits, such as those used on the FSL bus.  

I can't remember any noticeable performance hit when I used FSLSpotlights v1 in P3D v3. Also, I'm not aware that there's a large performance hit (at least not on modern hardware) when using RealLight - after all I know, it does basically the same as PMDG's texture blending technique, just better (higher resolution/color-depth).

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:54 AM, Chrjs said:

Any news about the JS41? or is this beloved aircraft forgotten..... very sad!

Yea *sigh* no mention of it … 

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

PMDG... I love you like crazy! But the wait and suspence is killing me!😍😎

• Like 2

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Come on guys Robert said "coming days" It's like Roberts "soon" 

When you hear "days," think at least a week, "weeks"= months, "months" = 1 year+

You all should know better by now 🙂 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 11/29/2018 at 9:13 AM, rsrandazzo said:

I thought we would likely push this on Friday this week, but I am less confident in this schedule at the moment- so most likely it is looking like early next week instead.  When we actually make the push, I'll have more information for you about what it is, what changed and where we are headed with the 747s in the next round of updates.

James Goggi

I am sorry, where is the update for 747 V3? I remember it being said that the update might come in early this week. It's Friday now, and I don't see the update in OC

11 minutes ago, JonyShieh said:

I am sorry, where is the update for 747 V3? I remember it being said that the update might come in early this week. It's Friday now, and I don't see the update in OC

This is why developers don’t like to give out release estimates...

Ashwant Gonesh