Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

TropicalSim's MMMX,etc Airports

Trying to install TropicalSim's MMMX(Mexico City),and Puerta Vallarta in a Windows 10 64-bit Pro P3Dv4 system after a successful installation on another Windows 7 64-bit Pro system, but as the installation process involves the software linking to a web browser to open up a simMarket page (where it was originally bought from)where the S/n has to be inputted to get a so-called Authorization Code to be inputted in the relevant Taxi2Gate airport set-up to get it installed in P3D, that's where the set-upfalls down.

Reason I am asking for help here is, as simMarket's support is so non-responsive, but worse than abysmal, not much point in asking them!

I've followed a similar post here at Avsim regarding a web browser access during installation and a Registry fix advice for Registered Owner, but despite trying that, still cannot install those T2G airports on a W10 machine.

Any plausible fixes, please?

Edited by vc10man
Wrong developer

26 minutes ago, simbol said:

Where you bought it from? Have you tried to request support from the vendor or the E-market provider of the product?

Regards,
S.

Thanks, Simbol for your response. Much faster than simMarket's where I bought these T2G airports from. They--simMarket-- recently lost out on a massive €100+ Black Friday order because of their appalling Support when I asked a question on an Upgrade.

Taxi2Gate issues  have already been posted here as being just as non-responsive as simMarket is, hence why else would I post a request in here otherwise. Both T2G's and simMarket's support............I may as well wait for the Martians to land on earth!

At the end of the day, both T2G and simMarket lose out as there are choices for simmers to use other developers' products.

13 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks, Simbol for your response. Much faster than simMarket's where I bought these T2G airports from. They--simMarket-- recently lost out on a massive €100+ Black Friday order because of their appalling Support when I asked a question on an Upgrade.

Taxi2Gate issues  have already been posted here as being just as non-responsive as simMarket is, hence why else would I post a request in here otherwise. Both T2G's and simMarket's support............I may as well wait for the Martians to land on earth!

At the end of the day, both T2G and simMarket lose out as there are choices for simmers to use other developers' products.

Ok, try this them, note this will be a bit complicated, so be patient. I believe Windows 10 is not trusting the website causing the problem.

Try this

• Make sure to make Internet Explorer your default browser, (no Edge, Chrome, etc.)
  • Find the URL that is necessary to activate.
  • Open Internet Explorer on your Windows 10 (no Edge), and add the website to the trusted sites, steps for this can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh1gWCqg5J4
  • Attempt to activate again.

If the above fails, then try the following:

• Open the URL that is necessary to activate
  • Find the certificate used by the website.
  • Install it on your local PC as a trusted certification authority, this video can give you insight of how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATw7yWnWANA.
  • Attempt to activate again.

Hope this helps you, but no warranties..

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,
Raul

Thanks a bundle, Raul.

100 times far better than previously mentioned. I am very adept at navigating my way around thins like what you have suggested. Will report back.

8 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks a bundle, Raul.

100 times far better than previously mentioned. I am very adept at navigating my way around thins like what you have suggested. Will report back.

No Worries Rick,

I assume Windows 10 is also fully updated? try that also if all the above fails.

All the best,

S.

11 minutes ago, simbol said:

Windows 10 is also fully updated

I do not trust any Windows 10 Updates as has been so numerously highlighted here. I would not trust Microsoft with a barge pole!! If that turns out to be the issue, I will just dump T2G and Windows10 ! The world does not revolve around them !

1 minute ago, vc10man said:

I do not trust any Windows 10 Updates as has been so numerously highlighted here. I would not trust Microsoft with a barge pole!! If that turns out to be the issue, I will just dump T2G and Windows10 ! The world does not revolve around them !

Rick,

It could be that Windows 10 hasn't updated your SSL certification authorities, in hence why you are having troubles.

Try my initial suggestions first.

Regards,
S

@vc10man, Rick, I have several TropicalSim airports and installed them into P3D v4.3 only last week with no issues. I bought them off SimMarket so found my order details on my account which includes the product key.

I pasted that into the field when prompted and my web browser then took me to a page with an authorisation code. I copied that, went back to the installer and pasted it in.

Success. That process worked for all of them. Don't see how Windows updates has anything to do with it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray

Nice to hear from you. As I tried to correct the title of the post, not sure if it did, it is actually Taxi2Gate. On the PC I am typing this reply from, the P3D running on another Windows 7 64-bit Pro PC using the same monitor has not a single Taxi2Gate airport issue.

It was only last night on a Windows 10 64-bit Pro PC at home having re-installed P3Dv4 latest as I was re-installing the plethora of airports on,---- admittedly an old Windows 10 version, which for numerous Update issues already widely-reported herein, I have not Updated-----I ran into that Activation requirement only pertaining to T2G products.

I have no issues going back into my simMarket Order History, re-downloading, getting Keys, etc. That is not the issue.

28 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I pasted that into the field when prompted and my web browser then took me to a page with an authorisation code. I copied that, went back to the installer and pasted it in.

Have done that so many times on the current P3D sim running right now,  and was trying to do exactly the same on the Win10 PC, so am pretty au fait with the procedure, Ray, but thanks nevertheless for the heads-up help.

Hi Rick,

I'm still confused. In your original post you wrote

"the installation process involves the software linking to a web browser to open up a simMarket page (where it was originally bought from)where the S/n has to be inputted to get a so-called Authorization Code to be inputted in the relevant Taxi2Gate airport set-up to get it installed in P3D, that's where the set-upfalls down. "

But you don't say how the setup process falls down? Do you not get a browser window opening to enter your key?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Rick,

I'm still confused. In your original post you wrote

"the installation process involves the software linking to a web browser to open up a simMarket page (where it was originally bought from)where the S/n has to be inputted to get a so-called Authorization Code to be inputted in the relevant Taxi2Gate airport set-up to get it installed in P3D, that's where the set-upfalls down. "

But you don't say how the setup process falls down? Do you not get a browser window opening to enter your key?

Hi Ray. Sorry if my initial post was confusing.

Okay, here goes what I did on the Win10 P3D pc. Exactly the same steps when it was a doddle installing the Taxi2Gate MMMX(Mexico City)in the Win7 P3D pc.

At the Win10 pc last night, I fully expected the MMMX installation process to link to my Firefox web browser, open it to where the usual simMarket email box and the Serial Number box shows up, which then generates that Activation Key, which once inputted in that installation process, the installation moves on and it's plain sailing. Except last night, it did not happen.

Hope that clarifies my issue.

Rick,

It helps. Do you have Firefox as your default web browser?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

May be the RegisteredOwner registry value (which is the default user name) is blank or missing.

Windows setup demands that a user name be entered so someone has edited the registry value after installing the OS on this machine or it has been deleted by Microsoft during an upgrade to Windows 10 from an older Windows version.

To add the RegisteredOwner do the following procedure:

1) Click Start, Run (Windows key + R) and type regedit, and then click OK.

2) Navigate to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion

3) Backup the key by exporting it  to a file from the top menu bar. If the menu bar isn't visible press the Alt key.

4) To change the name of the registered owner, double-click RegisteredOwner. Under Value data, type the name that you want, and then click OK.

If there is no RegisteredOwner click on - edit - new- String Value - RegisteredOwner- OK. Double-click to fill in a name.

5) Click Exit on the File menu to quit regedit.

6) Restart your PC.

hope it will help

I just installed MMMX and VHHH from T2G using the installer with out any problems.  The only thing I did do was put a copy of FSX.EXE in my P3dV4 main folder then told the installer to install in P3dv4.  

I'm running P3d4.3 with Win64 Professional. 

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam