Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

Airport vehicles flying above the ground

I use Denmark Scenery 1.4 and my airport vehicles at Aalborg airport are above ground level, is there anything one can change in their .cfg to reduce the height. Gate 4 is the only gate that has service vehicles at this airport

2018-11-29_0-5-14-606.png

Edited by Berlopez
inserting image

Is the aircraft above ground level too? I just wonder whether you might have duplicate AFCAD files for EKYT - are you using Vidan Design Aalborg and does Denmark Scenery 1.4 also contain scenery for Aalborg Airport by any chance?

Bill

scianoir. thanks for your reply. to answer your questions I don't have Vidal Design Aalborg and yes Denmark Scenery 1.4 does have scenery for Aalborg which is the one shown in the image, finaly the aircraft is above ground too.Unfortunately the Danish scenery site is on the fritz can't post images or nothing get an error message that I don't have enough characters ???

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3py4yvz7991i8yr/aalborg%20height.jpg?dl=1

( Please click on the Link )

Just did a bit of experimenting, opened the sim and went to another airport also included in this scenery, Århus, there the Airport Vehicles showed well ON the ground, then I went to Aalborg and saw the Vehicles above the groung in gate 13. reloaded sim Again at gate 14 and the vehicles were still at gate 13 in day time ! The I loaded the sim at nightime and the vehicles showed above ground in gate 14

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

1 hour ago, Berlopez said:

Just did a bit of experimenting, opened the sim and went to another airport also included in this scenery, Århus, there the Airport Vehicles showed well ON the ground, then I went to Aalborg and saw the Vehicles above the groung in gate 13. reloaded sim Again at gate 14 and the vehicles were still at gate 13 in day time ! The I loaded the sim at nightime and the vehicles showed above ground in gate 14

That’s very strange! Have you ever installed any other freeware scenery for Aalborg airport which might have left some files behind in FSX that could be causing the problem?

Bill

Hi Bill. I might have unfortunately don't remember, have checked my addon scenery library for Aalborg entries, there are none. and also have checked the scenery.cfg file for such entries and found none either, upon opening the sim at night the vehicles are At Ground Level at gate 13, But if I change the time to daytime,they show above ground at gate 14. This is ODD...

Berlopez

Hi. If you might have installed other freeware for Aalborg in the past, I would suggest try searching your FSX installation for any files containing EKYT. If you find any outside your Denmark Scenery V1.4 folder then they could be from older freeware that you installed previously. Any EKYT bgl files which also contain something like AFD or AFX in their name may be AFCAD files which could cause elevation anomalies if duplicated for a particular airport.  If you do find any files outside your Denmark Scenery folder then try disabling them by renaming them from bgl to something like bglOFF and retest your Aalborg scenery to see if that has resolved the issue.

Bill

Hi Bill and thanks for sticking with me on this endevour. I have searched my complete FSX installation for files containing EKYT and i find non outside my Denmark Scenery v. 1.4 The elevated FaltNose Blue Cargo truck and trailer, and Pushback truck only appear with in the DK. scenery I have gone to other countries and airports and there the airport vehicles are ON the ground. If I remember correctly a file exists within the scenery to repair it, But I just can't find :huh:, I've been searching the net for a replacement to this airport vehicle, or at least get info. of how to change the height in its' .cfg file.

Hi again! No problem - I know how frustrating it is to find a problem (even a small one) in FSX that you can't resolve:unsure:!

I had forgotten that I also have Denmark Scenery V1.4 installed (!) so I loaded it and started a flight at Gate 4 at Aalborg and I can confirm that my airport service vehicles are all at ground level. I had a look at my Denmark Scenery\scenery folder and I note that one of the EKYT bgl files (ekyt_poly_FSX) is turned off (there also are some other ekyt files turned off but these seem to refer to runway edge lights and vegetation so are probably not relevant). I don't know if this ekyt_poly file is active in your setup but it might be worth checking to see if it is active and if so try renaming it from bgl to off just to see if that makes any difference.

Bill

Hi Bill: Despite frustration, hairpulling and a lot of humphing, simming is simming and it wouldn't be the same if us users didn't do a bit by ourselves to better it ( No insult to developers ) After all this scenery is for free and the member that created it did an outstanding job.

Regarding the issue I can tell you I experimented Again and found the elevation issue only happened in Denmark with the scenery, so I searched Again and found one could reduce the height of the vehicles, which I did and now they show at ground level :biggrin:

I changed the value to =1 onthe last line of the [contact points]

"0" sinks the Wheels to the rims

[fltsim.0]
title=VEH_air_bagcart_FlatNose_Grey_sm
model=
texture=

[General]
category=GroundVehicle

[contact_points]
wheel_radius=2.4
static_pitch=0.0                //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
static_cg_height=1            //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

[DesignSpecs]
max_speed_mph = 30    
acceleration_constants = 0.3, 0.4     //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max G acceleration
deceleration_constants = 0.2, 0.4     //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max G acceleration

[Lights]
light.0 = 1
light.1 = 1
light.2 = 2
light.3 = 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl41kmkfmkd7ifh/2018-11-30_21-43-53-500.BMP?dl=1

Hi. It’s odd that those vehicles were not above ground level in other airports too and not just Aalborg, but FSX can be full of mysterious happenings! I must check the cfg of that vehicle in my setup but I guess the height will be 1 as mine are not raised up. Glad you got it sorted!

Bill

55 minutes ago, scianoir said:

I must check the cfg of that vehicle in my setup but I guess the height will be 1 as mine are not raised up.

Hey Bill, thanks for fallowing up. Indeed FSX can be full of surprises, Once my default C 172 showed sunken Wheels to the rim, that is why I knew here to look for a fix. I then found out too that some scenery designers, can make the mistake of putting too much or too Little elevation to an airport and this can result in the same visual issue 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl41kmkfmkd7ifh/2018-11-30_21-43-53-500.BMP?dl=1

" I must check the cfg of that vehicle in my setup but I guess the height will be 1 as mine are not raised up."

Mine was not "1" I had to change it ...

Berlopez

• Upvote 1

Just to follow up, I checked the cfg for that vehicle in my setup and it gives the height as 1.995:

[contact_points]
wheel_radius=2.08
static_pitch=0.0                //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
static_cg_height=1.995             //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

However all seems to look OK in the sim with that setting - as you say FSX is full of surprises!

Bill

Bill Thanks for the fallow-up and  advice.

Unfortunatly I jumped the gun, braking FSX Cardinal rule and didn't make a note of what the number was before I changed it to =1 My issue was only concerned to Denmark Scenery 1.4, not the rest of the World. So I crossed fingers and changed it, gave me a very satisfying result as you can see by my images. I just checked and the  Group of airport vehicles: VEH_air_bagcart_FlatNose_Grey_sm ( Truck and trailer,conveyor belt truck and Pushback truck are at ground level in Kastrup, Århus and Aalborg.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

Hey Bill, If you still  fallow this topic ? Oddly  and despite changing the entry static_cg_height = To "1" when I open the sim the NEXT day the vehicles appear raised with a shadow underneath in Aalborg ???:wacko: Halloween was in October, what's going on ?

Then... I reload the sim using the RELOAD in the menu which brings me to my default flight in Kastrup and all is well, then I go to Aalborg and the vehicles are AT Ground Level, Strange.

Any suggestions ?

Berlopez

P.S.

BTW: FSOnline.dk is on the fritz,at least for me, I cannot post i get a message saying :I don't have enough characters ???

Edited by Berlopez

Next 4-12-18 opening the sim this morning and checking the height of the trucks, all is well, even in Aalborg gate 4.

Berlopez