Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

Airport vehicles flying above the ground

22 hours ago, Berlopez said:

BTW: FSOnline.dk is on the fritz,at least for me, I cannot post i get a message saying :I don't have enough characters ???

Hi, I just get a warning when I try to sign on to this site so I guess it must be down.

Glad all your trucks are at the correct height now! If it happens again perhaps try changing that vehicle'e cfg to read static_cg_height=1.995 (instead of 1), which is what mine seems to be by default, to see if that makes any difference.

Bill

Just a question Bill, Does your Denmark Scenery 1.4 contain a "repair" option ? If yes,where is it?

Thanks.

Berlopez

I have checked both the installed folders and the original download and I can't see any repair option in either folder. I guess you could try reinstalling it using the original Denmark Scenery.msi file?

Bill

Hello Bill thanks for the fallow up. Site still Down, members or exmembers don't reply to e-mails I have sent, not even swedflight. It's such a Deadduck. it seems abandoned, like a piece of driftwood in the sea, all these Guys were taxi drivers here who got together to create the sceneries,it must be said they did an excellent job, theire leaving the site unmanned is odd ???

I am a bit apprehensive of your suggestion as it could create double files of everything, clogging that scenery and all other things respective, like the Scenery.cfg file.

Anyway I have litterarly, fiddled with it since last night and I have reached a satisfactory result with that truck: VEH_air_bagcart_Flatnose_Grey_sm:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvk8zcn98zxktff/2018-12-5_13-40-37-597.BMP?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dz5yqsg93j6rvuf/2018-12-8_18-18-43-971.BMP?dl=1

Thanks for you help Bill.

Berlopez

Hi!

Yes it is strange the way some freeware websites can become abandoned, but I guess if someone like the webmaster abandons a team then perhaps the remaining members don't have the web skills to maintain that site.

With regard to the Denmark Scenery.msi file, I meant uninstall your original scenery first and then reinstall again rather than reinstalling over your original and that way you should avoid double folders. I generally prefer not to reinstall any scenery (either original or updated) over a pre-existing scenery. However from those screenshots, it looks as if you have reached a satisfactory solution!

Enjoy your Aalborg flights!

Bill

HI Bill: Thanks for your reply, Yeah! The site is definately Down, wonder what happened ? As they were quite popular here in Scandinavia.

I have a 32GB external HD which contains all my sim addons and even a complete FSX\Acc. working Installation which I made for safety purposes. From there  I reinstalled FSX a couple of years ago in this computer, after a very frustrating experience with Windows 8 and a Medion computer; I parked it and returned to this old but reliable Dell Vostro 220.

I'll leave it now as is. Thank you for your support and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Berlopez

Hi. Having had previous frustrating experiences with FSX, I can understand your preference to leave it alone if it is functioning well - a very good philosophy I think! Have a very Merry Christmas too.

Bill

First thanks for your fallow up and support Bill, second forgive my persistance, MS did close ACES and left it all alone for others to develop it further, then they came out with "FLIGHT": Look where that lead FS, before that even changing the cose from Fs9 and FSX was frustrating enough, then SP2/Acceleration came out, Come on !?* And since the Waters seem calm.

I enjoy FSX Acc. very much. I wish I had a more powerful machine, just manage with this one, but as described above I tried and that was a flop Medion & Win 8.

Thanks for your wishes:

Berlopez

Bill: I have found where the "Repair" Option is, Gout to you install uninstall programs and find your DK Scenery.exe file. Click it and it will show the options. I just ran a "repair" didn't help, so I am concluding that the ACAD is wrongly written for Åalborg in DK Scenery1.4.

Site is still dead-duck and I've tried to contact moderators which i knew, at one point in a face to face basis, but everyone's vanished ?

Berlopez

I wasn’t aware that a repair option was incorporated in that file but it is a long time since I installed the DK scenery! Many thanks.

Bill

Another :wacko: detail is the fact the read-me states that both Dk Scenery part 1 and 2 are nessesary...Part one doesn't exist.

"If you do not have both zip files from Denmark Scenery 1.4, please visit:
http://www.fsonline.dk/en/index.php?title=Denmark_Scenery" ( This from the Read-Me )

Anyway it's a nice complete scenery of Denmark, which is where i live and can identify, even with known details, the designers were most part time drivers and even drew their cars into the scenery.

Berlopez

A Repair option is available when you click the file in Programs and features, above the programs window. I clicked it andrun it, Didn't help.:sad:

Berlopez

On 12/19/2018 at 11:13 PM, Berlopez said:

Anyway it's a nice complete scenery of Denmark, which is where i live and can identify, even with known details, the designers were most part time drivers and even drew their cars into the scenery.

I agree, it is a very nice scenery for Denmark and a great piece of freeware! It is a pity that it is presumably no longer available with the demise of its supporting website.

Bill

I've seen it here and at Fl.sm.com with only prt 2 avalable, wich is all one needs.Just downloaded a new file which I found here n the library, ran the .msi and then opened the sim; Then went to EKYT and the Pushback truck was foating over the ground at gate 2,Didn't correct anything, I guess the ACAD is s.u.

Here an image of the msi showing the Options after doublecliking:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sg7adzwhbiw9igs/Skærmbillede 2018-12-23 15.48.58.png?dl=1

A very Merry Christmas to you Bill and yours.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

Hi. I’ve noticed that ‘repair’ options frequently do not actually do what you might expect leaving you with the same problem after running them.

Out of interest did you try resetting the static_cg_height for the problem vehicle to 1.995 to see if helps?

Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas too!

Bill