Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

Airport vehicles flying above the ground

Hello Bill: Thanks Again for fallowing. I agree with you about the "Repair Options" They Do Not actually do what one might expect and many a time they default what ever program they belong to, making us think that's a solution ??? In this case it's odd that the issue seems predominant in Åalborg and I haven't noticed it anywhere else in the DK Scenery 1.4 pack. Out side this scenery there are no issues with the Airport Vehicles, so I am concludding the issue is in the scenery, must try one of the earlier packages...

I resat the static_cg_height to 1.995 and the results are disconsertting, the pushback trucks, although theire height seems to be ok,are all at different parked Places in theire gates:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cts0ywowyl9ya2/Airport Vehicles Åalborg.jpg?dl=1

Will report, until then best wishes for a Merry Christmas.

Bernardo

Edited by Berlopez
included more info.
  • Upvote 1

Bill Sorry for my late reply. Got me a used Dell Precision Tower 7810 4GB installed FSX ,Works very well; As regards the Danish site, FSOnline.dk is permanently closed.

Bernardo

Glad you got the problem sorted out Bernardo even if the cause remains a mystery! Sad to hear the Danish FS site has disappeared.

Bill

Hey Bill,Thanks for keeping in touch. Yeah! FSOnline.dk...Got in touch with one of the moderators and got myself an insult !'*Ø*...Him explaining the reason why the site closed. People/Users didn't chip in, not that they asked ? to make the story short...They didn't pay and finally had to close. I am satisfied with my Dell Precision Tower 7810, though windows 10 (x64) is still mysterious for me, don't know if it treats the files the same way an old win7 (X32) does? I have been trying to install a scenery now for weeks, what persistance you might say? I just can't get it to show. The file is called Madeira Archipielago by Toni Agramont.(File name below).It shows the runway suspended by the columns, the airport building with gates and lights; Although I have redownloaded and  created folders exactly how they look in my win7 installation, Nada. I believe Toni Agramont passed and nobody replies to requests to the e-mail provided in the "Read Me" Don't know if you might want to give it a shot and if succesful you might sharre with me the How ? File name:

Madeira Archipielago

For FSX

By Toni Agramont

October 2007

Best regards and sincerily:

Belopez

Edited by Berlopez

I should have mentioned. My airport vehicles are not above ground. At least tonight.

Bernardo

Good to know they have returned to earth at last!

Bill

28 minutes ago, Berlopez said:

Now today the vehicles are floating again ???

Oh dear! I read somewhere recently that the earth’s magnetic field is weakening so maybe it’s something to do with that 😉!!

Bill

On top of everything Bill. Now I check again at Åalborg are there are o vehicles to be seen, onle the 737 is present, making me believe that the prescence of the Airport vehicle is controlled by an internal FSX clock.

Bernardo 

On 5/28/2020 at 4:16 PM, Berlopez said:

making me believe that the prescence of the Airport vehicle is controlled by an internal FSX clock.

Bernardo 

I guess they may be controlled by the clock (perhaps by something built into the Åalborg files), but I still would not expect them to be levitating!

Bill

HI Bill, thanks for your replies and feedback. After checking other airports in DK Scenery 1.4 tonight the vehicles are all at ground level, making me conclude the levitating only happens in Åalborg !?

Bernardo