Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerofly FS2 Robinson R22 Helicopter Releasing Today on Steam

For those of you who have been patiently awaiting the release of the Robinson R22 helicopter the wait is over! Today marks the release of the much anticipated R22, the very first helicopter for Aerofly FS2. https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/13736-aerofly-fs2-robinson-r22-helicopter-releasing-today-on-steam/&postID=69749#post69749

313-r22-1-png

327-r22-bb-png

And just because the R22 is the first helicopter release for Aerofly FS2 doesn't mean that it will lack quality, quite the opposite actually. The quality and craftsmanship that was put into the development of the R22 surpasses anything ever developed before.

The Robinson R22 also has physics that are so precise you would swear that you were flying the real bird, especially in VR.

The Aerofly FS2 R22 was designed with the professional and novice in mind featuring both a beginner mode that provides more stability and balance when you fly allowing you to fly while enjoying the surrounding scenery, and a professional mode that handles just like the real life counterpart. Whichever mode you choose you can be sure that you will have the experience of a lifetime.

&thumbnail=small&thumbnail=small&thumbnail=small&thumbnail=small&thumbnail=small&thumbnail=small&thumbnail=small&thumbnail=small

Along with the release of the R22 comes an update which adds over 120 new heliports to the mix. You will find many new helipads in various locations on the map. Two of these new locations, Fort Jefferson at the Dry Tortugas, Florida and the Downtown Manhattan Heliport, New York are two examples that truly complement this new addition.

&thumbnail=medium&thumbnail=medium

321-r22-ny-png

326-r22-kw-png

We are confident that the R22 will add many new hours of excitement and exploration. How will you spend your time?

Changelog

2018-11-29

• Added Robinson R22 Beta II helicopter with highly detailed 3D model based on a 3D scan of the real aircraft and full dynamics flight model, including a fully articulated multi-body rotor simulation in combination with a dynamic inflow aerodynamics model including ground effect, transnational lift and auto-rotation state. The flight model has been fine tuned together with R22 pilots.
  • The helicopter supports startup / shutdown including a clutch and rotor brake simulation and features a life-like indicator string. Our R22 has a difficulty option in the aircraft selection menu. Per default the assistance is turned on and stabilizes the helicopter to make it easier to fly when using game controllers, VR hands or joysticks with twist grip rudder. The professional setting disables any stabilization. This requires a lot of coordination work especially on the pedals, use high quality rudder pedals to fly this one. Best experience is in VR, where it is way easier to distinguish the difference between the different motions of the helicopter.
  • The helicopter comes in nine different liveries and is included in the default aircraft fleet.
  • Added Heliports are available as starting points in location menu
  • Added over 120 helipads
  • Added Default support for Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder
  • Added Default support for Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA PAS helicopter controller
  • Added Aircraft selection menu remembers last selected repaint for each aircraft
  • Added External pan around camera can be moved towards and away from the aircraft
  • Changed Yaw string behavior improved
  • Changed Yaw damper turn coordination improved in all aircraft with yaw damper
  • Changed B747 and LJ45 crew alerting systems: Added numerous new messages, scrolling through messages, new messages pushed to top, new messages flashing, acknowledge messages to stop flashing, natural delays between cause and warning detection
  • Added Some alerts automatically canceled after several seconds, e.g. flashing altitude alerts, flashing master caution and warnings
  • Added Brakes are held for you when the simulation is started,increase thrust to start rolling
  • Added A320 stall warning speeds calculated from angle of attack and gross weight
  • Fixed Q400 button press and hold functions: HSI ILS format, ALT SEL disable, TCAS on/off
  • Fixed C172 low fuel warning threshold
  • Fixed F18 half and full flap indications
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

h0AFEBED7

....every day in which IPACS is delivering a (promised) update should become a day of celebration.  Unbelievable !!!  They delivered in due time and before the end of fall 2018; it is a miracle 😨

Thank You!

A good release. Very nice helicopter.

Regretfully here not too much people paying attention to it, as they're all at the P3Dv4.4 - PBR party that has just begun!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Lovely helicopter and the flying is convincing as far as i can tell

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, edpatino said:

Regretfully here not too much people paying attention to it

The deafening silence is amazing. All that work they must have put into it, and to release it for free, yet the reception was and remains silent in the extreme.:ho:

I even got a "fake" update (0 MB) today for AF2 on steam, maybe/possibly an attempt to get attention; that would never work on flight simmers, but at least about 20 people on steam are vocalizing their approval.:unsure:  

22 minutes ago, pracines said:

The deafening silence is amazing. All that work they must have put into it, and to release it for free, yet the reception was and remains silent in the extreme.:ho:

I even got a "fake" update (0 MB) today for AF2 on steam, maybe/possibly an attempt to get attention; that would never work on flight simmers, but at least about 20 people on steam are vocalizing their approval.:unsure:  

The update was not "fake". It repaired problems people were reporting in Orbx sceneries after the original update with the helicopter. The actual size of the update appears to have been 7.9mb

L8UW99.jpg

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On 11/30/2018 at 10:10 AM, france89 said:

Lovely helicopter and the flying is convincing as far as i can tell

...yea, that's true.  But I would have choosen a faster/ more powerful one: like the Bell407 or MD530.  Anyway, it enhances the Aerofly flight sim experience overall.

5 minutes ago, KBUR said:

...yea, that's true.  But I would have choosen a faster/ more powerful one: like the Bell407 or MD530.  Anyway, it enhances the Aerofly flight sim experience overall.

Me too, but those woudn't be considered "starting"  helicopters, so to speak. 

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

The actual size of the update appears to have been 7.9mb

Interesting; the update was queued, I clicked on update and there was absolutely nothing, and it even said 0 MB.

Either way the R22 surly did not even receive a "cold" welcome from the flight sim community as a whole. 

I don't feel the release of P3Dv4.4 overshadowed this release. I feel it had more to do with the drop in interest to AF2 due to the long span between major updates, or at least interesting updates. I for one check this site every day, but I am not interested in this particular helicopter. If it were the B206 of MD500, I would not stop flying it.

R22-very nice aircraft!  Hopefully I will understand something about helicopters, some tries with X-Plane 10 some years ago were not very successful.

• Upvote 1