Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

In other PBR-related news...

Clever!  :)

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

American Beer is like sitting in a canoe....They are both close to water 😄

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Like 2

Matthew Kane

There's an old country tune with lyrics, "Red necks, White socks and Blue ribbon beer."  😈

Now it's " Red plaid shirts, Birkenstocks and blue ribbon beer". West Coast hipsters love the stuff for some reason.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Now it's " Red plaid shirts, Birkenstocks and blue ribbon beer". West Coast hipsters love the stuff for some reason.

LOL there is a long list of things the West Coast hipsters love but if I list them I will never be able to log in here again! Roll Tide!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

A friend of mine once commented to me that PBR "tastes like goat piss." I asked him why in heaven's name would he drink goat piss anyway? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Growing up in Milwaukee, you were either in the Pabst camp, or the Schlitz camp.  A few would go for Blatz but I don't know anyone back then who admitted to drinking Miller (and my dad grew up within walking distance of the Miller brewery in the Valley).

Then they had their "budget" lines and the "Red White and Blue" vs "Old Mil" battles, neither of which were all that drinkable, but did fill the bill at UW for $1 pitcher night.  Back then the cool kids came back from skiing in Colo with Coors in the trunk.  Didn't know then that "Coors Light" is redundant. 

scott s.

4 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

I agree!! ALTHOUGH The American Craft beer industry is very much vibrant and of high quality. Better than I have found in my European travels. Not a criticism as thee are great German beers in Austria. 😉 .

2 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I agree!! ALTHOUGH The American Craft beer industry is very much vibrant and of high quality. Better than I have found in my European travels. Not a criticism as thee are great German beers in Austria. 😉 .

Sure, but it seems like all I see anymore are IPAs.

scott s.

4 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!   I'm an American who has spent much time in the UK, so I'm not even going to try and argue that point!  I've never been able to drink "like a Brit" or any other nationality where toddlers are weened on pints!  My belly just won't handle it!  But the taste?  Excellent!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

5 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

This is mostly true.

When I first got to Germany, I decided, "hey, I'll go in this little bar across from the train station, and have a beer"

So I started ordering dunkles bier ... and hey, I'll have another bitte.   I read the newspaper, as best I could (my German wasn't good) and after about an hour or so, when I got up to leave....WHOA...my weight and balance was off, to say the least.

Some American beers like Bud Light are swill-water...just awful.  Budweiser is good though.

Notice how, in the spirit of the forum rules, I tied my post to aviation, comparing my physical state to the weight and balance of an airplane.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

11 minutes ago, Mace said:

So I started ordering dunkles bier ... and hey, I'll have another bitte.  

Good stuff! Had a couple at the Hotel in Vienna or Wein. A couple Weihenstephan Hefeweisen's also. A few beers from Brewers who have been in business 100 of years before America was a country.🙂

Edited by Adrian123

LOL I can remember being pretty happy to get a cold PBR or schlitz over in SEA even if they were in rusty cans that had been stored out in the rain. No Alum cans back then.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/