Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

In other PBR-related news...

I grew up in MKE in the 50s and we had epic beer parties - Schlitz, Pabst, Miller, Blatz, Fox Head 400, Waukesha Weber, Brew 92, Hielaman's and God knows how many others. We drank a bunch of Hamm's as well. 12oz long necks were 35 cents! When I went to England the first time in the 70's I fell in love with Bitter and then real ale! One time I spent the entire night drinking those mega steins in the big beer parlor in Munich. Walked outside into the sunlight bleary eyed. So glad those days are distant memories! This Jerry Lee song hits home! 

Bruce

6 hours ago, n4gix said:

A friend of mine once commented to me that PBR "tastes like goat word not allowed." I asked him why in heaven's name would he drink goat word not allowed anyway? :rolleyes:

I'd ask how they knew what goat word not allowed tastes like.

So an admin can use the word word not allowed, but the rest of us cannot?  OMG... seriously? LMAO

Edited by WarpD
Dumbfounded...

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok, I thought PBR might be that fancy new texture technique, but ok, it's the PBR I grew up with.  I've had PBR in the past, not impressed.  I agree with Matthew Kane, most American beers are like canoes, very near water, and PBR is no different.  There are a lot of really good American craft and micro-brew beers available, but my favorite for a relatively cheap beer is Yuengling Traditional Lager.  Yuengling is now America's oldest family owned brewery, so I'm still supporting "local" business.

Back when I was in college and was working in a Winn-Dixie supermarket, we sold tons of Red,White & Blue Beer as well as Goebel Beer.  Red, White & Blue was a product of PBR and it was their economy beer.  The stuff did not smell good, tasted bad, best to drink it ice cold so the cold would numb your taste buds.  The color of it as it was going into you and then coming out of you later on was about the same.  Goebel was also a very cheap beer, but was a little better tasting than Red, White & Blue.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

16 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

I agree!! ALTHOUGH The American Craft beer industry is very much vibrant and of high quality. Better than I have found in my European travels. Not a criticism as thee are great German beers in Austria. 😉 .

Agreed - the beer scene in the US has changed drastically in the last decade or so.  While mass produced "American" beer is still generally awful, there's so much good craft beer out there that I don't why anyone would drink the other swill.

16 hours ago, scott967 said:

Sure, but it seems like all I see anymore are IPAs.

Perhaps I'm spoiled, but the craft beer available in Colorado (which IS admittedly a craft beer meca) goes WAY beyond just IPAs.

As for PBR's reprieve, there are dive bars all over Chicago sighing in relief.

Scott

16 hours ago, WarpD said:

I'd ask how they knew what goat word not allowed tastes like.

So an admin can use the word word not allowed, but the rest of us cannot?  OMG... seriously? LMAO

Wow! Even I did not realize that. Sometimes I think the "filter" is just a bit too tight, as that particular word has many different meanings among the world's English speakers, many of which aren't in any way objectionable...

That was actually what I meant to imply with my question. How did he gain his comparison experience?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

19 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

PBR in action with demo play by FT

That is a very good use of PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) beer! Puddles of it on the tarmac... :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Smutty Nose Old Brown Dog Ale from New Hampshire is a true American Ale if you can find it. 

This guy covers the history of American Beer very well. Also the joke I made above comes from Monty Python as shown in this video but I took the sex part out of it as it includes the F-Bomb

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane