Sign in to follow this  
realkewl

Oculus Go and Virtual Desktop

Has anybody tried this setup yet?

My Oculus Rift just will not work anymore on my laptop, which is did for two years but know it will not work.

The latest software update from Oculus seem to have broken it, and I've spent weeks with Oculus support trying to fix it. The simplest thing was to downgrade the software to prove it was the update, but Oculus does not support that.

My laptop has HDMI and USB 3.0, but when using all the USB 3.0 I could not use HDMI, so I had to use miniDisplayPort to HDMI and it worked great for two years.

Anyway, not sure if I want to purchase another wired VR headset. 

I have been hearing that Oculus Go along with Virtual Desktop will allow you to play Oculus rift games, just wondring if any body has tried it yet?

Thanks,

realkewl 

Have you tried to see if the oculus works on another laptop or computer? Maybe one of your ports is going bad?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have not .

I only have one computer that can run Ocukus rift. Yes, I thought that maybe one of the miniDisplayPorts was going bad, I bought a new miniDisplay to HDMI cable, bought a new Oculus Rift, Reformatted and reinstalled Windows 10, reinstalled Oculus software and the same thing happened, would not work. If one of my miniDisplayPorts ar going bad then that would require a new motherboard I am told, and if that is the case I might as well buy a brand new gaming laptop. 

However, I really I am not in the mood to spend another $2k just for Oculus rift to work.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yes that is what I am talking about, but was wondering has anybody tried it with P3D V3 or V4 or with Steam. I know in P3D it asked you to select ever Oculus or HTC so was wondering how this would work. Also, from that video it does not really show if the game is in VR or just on a big screen. I didn't see him turning 360 degrees. Now that I think about this it is missing the tracking device of the Oculus rift, so how would it know if I'm turning around unless it has a ...cannot recall the word but it has the same response like what is in your cellphone.

Thanks,

Edited by realkewl

I suspect it's not 3D

Devons rig

Don't waste your time...half the games dont work and its not in 3D

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 12/3/2018 at 1:43 PM, blueshark747 said:

Don't waste your time...half the games dont work and its not in 3D

Thanks