Sign in to follow this  
cbreeze

ORBX KMDW scenery help

Greetings,

I haven't flown P3D in a while.  Just updated ORBX and went to fly out of my home airport of KMDW in Chicago, Illinois.  Directly north of the airport, approx1.5 miles is a very prominent expressway (I55) which runs northeast east and southwest.  Just north of that is another prominent landmark, the Chicago river,  which also runs northeast and southwest and flows east into Lake Michigan.  The Chicago river pretty much parallels the expressway.  The expressway is there but a large segment of the river is missing.  The river is shown to the northeast and the southwest but a large segment of river, just north of the airport is missing and is filled in with residential housing.  This is driving me crazy.  Tried verifying the ORBX files and nothing changes.  A portion of the river is filled in with residential housing.  This was not the case before.  This happened to me once before when I was using FSX.  I was able to resolve the problem by deleting a scenery file but for the life of me cant remember how I did that.  It has been a very long time since I flew FSX.

Could someone please take a flight for me north out of KMDW and tell me if the river, just north of the expressway, is a continuous body of water from Lake Michigan west.

Thank you,

cbreeze

What ORBX products have you installed?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Sorry, thought I should have included that info. 

FTX Global Base Pack. 

FTX Global openLC North America,

FTX Global Vector

Orbx Libraries

FTX Trees HD

I have been doing most of my flying out west in California.  The only airports I have are ORBX Catalina and Santa Barbara.

Thank you,

Did some trouble shooting tonight and discovered that these two ORBX files are causing the problem.

ORBXIVECTOR_CVX      ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX           45

ORBXIVECTOR_EXX      ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX           46

The river appears as it should when everything but these two files are enabled.  When I enable the CVX file the river is intact but parts of it are black and there are other black squares in the surrounding area.

When I enable the EXX file the river is not continuous and a large section is filled in with solid land and other land objects.  The black area disappear though. 

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here because I sure don't.  I guess I could fly with these two files disabled.  This would make the river appear as it should but not sure what else is affected by not having these two files enabled.

Thank you,

It seems to me you would get the expert advice you are looking for if you simply asked over at the Orbx forums.  Several guys over there would know what the problem is, or could help you sort it out.  Also, it is never advisable to disable those two Vector files.  Doing so could and do affect other locations badly.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Thank you for the response.  I did post on the ORBX  forum, hopefully I will find a solution.