Sign in to follow this  
gpf3m

Orbx causing long pauses in v4.4

2 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

https://vimeo.com/303905737

I still have some work to do on dialing in settings, but this video clearly shows no pauses.

Captured this morning. SFO to LAX. The LAX portion (shown) is of one continuous capture. Render uses only compression no edits or video enhancement tools used ...it's real ....and yes, the microstutters at the turn we're seen in flight :-)

video settings:

NI 4xSGSS along with in game 8XMSAA

[GRAPHICS]
ENABLE_MEMORY_OPTIMIZATION=0
RS_MIN_OBJECT_PIXEL_RADIUS=2.000000
MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=32000.000000
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096
NUM_LIGHTS=4
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
DYNAMIC_LIGHTING=1
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
LENSFLARE=1
HDR=1
DYNAMIC_REFLECTIONS=0
SHADOW_QUALITY=2
SHADOW_DRAW_DISTANCE=2
CONTENT_NO_SHADOW=0
INTERIOR_SHADOWS_CAST=1
EXTERIOR_SHADOWS_CAST=1
SIMOBJECT_SHADOWS_CAST=1
TERRAIN_SHADOWS_CAST=1
VEGETATION_SHADOWS_CAST=0
BUILDING_SHADOWS_CAST=0
CLOUD_SHADOWS_CAST=1
PARTICLES_SHADOWS_CAST=0
INTERIOR_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
EXTERIOR_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
SIMOBJECT_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
TERRAIN_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
VEGETATION_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
BUILDING_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_LOW=4
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_MID=5
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_HIGH=7
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_ULTRA=12
OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=2048
TRANSLUCENT_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=512
OPAQUE_SHADOW_DRAW_DISTANCE=2000
TRANSLUCENT_SHADOW_DRAW_DISTANCE=2000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_LOW=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_MID=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_HIGH=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_ULTRA=0.850000
EFFECTS_QUALITY=1
EFFECTS_DISTANCE=1
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=True
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1
DYNAMIC_INTERIOR_CAPTURE=False

[DISPLAY]
ChangeTime=4.000000
TransitionTime=4.000000
TEXTURE_FILTERING=16
MSAA=8
SSAA=0
VSYNC=0
FXAA=0
TRIPLE_BUFFER=0
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=31
WideViewAspect=True
FullScreenBackground=True
FullScreenAutoFill=True
Fullscreen=False

[SCENERY]
AUTOGEN_DRAW_DISTANCE=30000.000000
AUTOGEN_TREE_DRAW_DISTANCE_PERCENT=0.900000
AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD=2500.000000
SCENERY_DRAW_DISTANCE=64000.000000
MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame=16
POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1
AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=2
AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_TYPE=0
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.0.0]
Mode=2560x1440x32

[TERRAIN]
TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10
LOD_RADIUS=6.500000
TESSELLATION_FACTOR=90
MESH_RESOLUTION=23
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29
AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_DENSITY=3
AUTOGEN_BUILDING_DENSITY=2
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
HIGH_RESOLUTION_TERRAIN_TEXTURES=1
UseGlobalTerrainView=False

Thank you Funky Nasty for your suggestions.  I ran a flight from KMRY to KLAX using your settings. After climb, I set course at 8500 in the A2A Bonanza.  Unfortunately, half way to San Louis Obispo, I began to suffer the long pauses.  There is nothing worse than setting up an approach, turning short final, than a 6-10 second pause happens.  

Edited by gpf3m

6 hours ago, mtrainer said:

It would be nice if Prepar3D could self-organize these regions automagically- load up the one you're in, and if about to cross a region boundary load up the new one using a different core in the background, then hand it over to the main thread.  Then drop the old region.

Easier said than done, I'm sure, but LM should strive to make this a sim that doesn't require constant tweaking and fiddling.  After I get things stable I always get a little nervous about experimenting with the setup.

Sadly, this could hurt scenery developers as people become reluctant to bog their system down with to many scenery add-ons.  Fortunately for me however, is that I have 90% of the airports I'm interested in and not seeing the horribly long stutters some here have described.

Mark

I know you didn't mean the word automagically, (predictive text?) but I love that word, it should be in the Oxford dictionary.

Edited by eaim

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

15 minutes ago, gpf3m said:

Thank you Funky Nasty for your suggestions.  I ran a flight from KMRY to KLAX using your settings. After climb, I set course at 8500 in the A2A Bonanza.  Unfortunately, half way to San Louis Obispo, I began to suffer the long pauses.  There is nothing worse than setting up an approach, turning short final, than a 6-10 second pause happens.  

LOL - No. I posted the settings that were used for the flight (not suggestive settings) ....kinda like the ingredients you see on package goods (for reference purposes only).  I have no intentions of using that setup for my everyday setup ...I'm still looking for that setup 4.4

However, I'm bummed that you suffer the pauses using So-Cal ....but there is hope, as my video illustrates and as others have pointed out here ......it is possible to have a stutter free experience with the scenery ...keep plugging away at it.

44 minutes ago, gpf3m said:

oh, and real important: I don't think it's all about the hardware ...I don't recall having pauses with my Haswell, aside from FsDreamTeam LAX loading.

I never have anything more than  FSDT KLAS and LAX, and Latin Vr's KSAN loaded in the Orbx So Cal region.

On 11/30/2018 at 1:56 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

I have experienced pauses before ... but I have currently don't have any and I believe it is a case of too many "active" add-ons within a specific area ...  both hot spots.

It sure looks as if this issue has been around for quite a while..

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98220-nzmf-strange-pause-on-runway/

• Like 1

Bert

6 hours ago, joepoway said:

I could be wrong but based on my conversations with the Orbx developers, Regions contain Base, LC and Vector within them and basically override or add to the other Orbx products if not installed.

So I don't think having Base or LC "activated" makes a difference since the region is using both of those as part of the region package as well as vector and a whole lot of other eye candy making Southern California virtually unusable for many of us around LA. When I turn off SoCA and just have Orbx Base and LC running (I don't have Vector) the area is much smoother.

Joe

They say that but I don't believe them. These are just my observations and is what is working for me in getting rid of most all pauses. I really believe Vector is the cause of this particular issue within regions but don't ask me to prove it.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Nick Cooper at Orbx has the final word.

The "bug" is not with the scenery but with the simulator.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98220-nzmf-strange-pause-on-runway/

Edited by SolRayz

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

3 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

I really believe Vector is the cause of this particular issue within regions but don't ask me to prove it.

The pauses also exist without Vector.. so that is not it.. :cool:

Bert

48 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Final word.... this is Orbx pointing the finger at LM.  :unsure:

What does LM have to say?

Not sure about LM, probably not much considering vanilla P3D is free of long pauses. If my memory serves me correctly, these pauses were non existent in the "old" days  when Orbx region switching was required, pre unified lookup.bgl. As other have noted, selective scenery loading may be our only answer, albeit an ugly one. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

The Million Dollar question is:

What causes P3D to read through all the scenery libraries at certain specific locations?  Nobody seems to have the answer..

The pauses are shorter if you have less scenery active and longer if you have more..  It is like sorting through any list. The more entries, the longer it will take.

If someone could pinpoint the trigger, it might be possible for either Orbx or LM to figure out a way to avoid it altogether.. :unsure:

Bert

Agreed. Something needs to be done for sanity sake. These long pauses have been bugging me for awhile now, and its only getting worse. 

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Final word.... this is Orbx pointing the finger at LM.  :unsure:

I don't expect anything else.😞

I have done a complete overhaul and did install my system from scratch: new Win10 and then P3Dv4.4. Until now I have only installed FSGobal Mesh + ORBX (Global+Vector+OLC+Regions+Airports+FTX AI Traffic) + A2A C172. Unfortunately, I have to tell that long pauses do still occur and I do not see much improvement when working with simstarter profiles (disabling Vector and regions I don't fly). The long frames remain.

Otherwise, the new sim behaves very very well.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

16 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

They say that but I don't believe them. These are just my observations and is what is working for me in getting rid of most all pauses. I really believe Vector is the cause of this particular issue within regions but don't ask me to prove it.

I just did a flight from KMRY to KLAX with no long pauses, and only three slight stutters over LA.  What I did different was to de-activate the following scenery in the scenery library.

FTX England all associated files

FTX Germany North and South and all associated files

FTX NA Southern Cal and all associated files

FTX LC Europe

Vector

Scenery present:

FTX NA

FTX Northern California

FTX Central Rockies

FTX Pacific Northwest

FTC Northern Rockies

FTX LC North America

16ea Orbx North American airports

Josh, I believe you are spot on.

I get a 3 second hesitation about 5 miles out from ORBX KSEZ.  Probably some additional loading going on.  Sounds like P3D 4.4 has the same thing going on.  No big deal to me.

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER