Sign in to follow this  
gpf3m

Orbx causing long pauses in v4.4

After some test flights from KSFO (Flightbeam) to KSAN(ORBX) over ORRBX SOCAL, I can conclude for me, that it is much better (less and shorter pauses) when I have disabled Vector and all the other non-american ORBX stuff (regions, landclass and airports). I will do it vice versa when I fly in Europe or Australia.

ORBX and LM, both together should try to solve it ... But I fear they won't ...

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi guys,

OMG these long pauses are gonna make me lose my mind.  I can't even enjoy the sim with addons now, Is LM and Orbx doing anything to resolve this.

@Rob Ainscough can please post this in the LM beta forums and ask Orbx developers who are also Beta testing Prepar3d - to do something about this for the next release - even a hotfix will do great on this (personal request).

More addons are being created but the more I install them - the worse the problem of long pauses is getting.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

but the more I install them - the worse the problem of long pauses is getting.

You've discovered the root of the problem an indirectly also the solution.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

28 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

You've discovered the root of the problem an indirectly also the solution.

I wouldn't call it solution. Albeit, less installed/active scenery seem to help. Add-on Developers won't like it either. I am already very conservative buying new scenery.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Almost right... I have not seen P3D looking in inactive regions... only in sceneries which are currently active.  :wink:

Something triggers this behavior in very specific places, like the piano keys on R16R at Van Nuys.

The sim starts looking through every scenery you currently have active, no matter where in the world, doing some kind of housekeeping..

I get the same repeatable pause in any aircraft just after lift off from KSNA R20L.  I have LVFR KSNA and ORBX Vector, LC but not SoCal region.  NEVER happened in P3Dv4.3 or earlier.  I'm going to try KVNY R16R.

Edited by bbuckley
Add comment.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

I just asked the Orbx developers - got just a blah answer (you can see it over there).  Can't blame them on this -- but I guess the clue is 4.5 will be next upgrade lol.

It really boils down to LM to fix this.  It is the sim.  We are all putting lipstick on the pig and making it fly.

For now, low sceneries is the answer for me - FTX Regions only (then only vector+openlc) or vice versa.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

18 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

It really boils down to LM to fix this.  It is the sim.  We are all putting lipstick on the pig and making it fly.

Just curious: if you stuff your car full with passengers, will you also blame the manufacturer for slower acceleration?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

I just asked the Orbx developers - got just a blah answer (you can see it over there).  Can't blame them on this -- but I guess the clue is 4.5 will be next upgrade lol.

For now, low sceneries is the answer for me - FTX Regions only (then only vector+openlc) or vice versa.

I was getting long pauses with only ORBX regions and global LC/texture add-ons installed / enabled, no other airfields installed during tests. If it's not an ORBX problem then it sure is a major LM issue if just the above triggers the pauses.

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

had the same problem and solved most of the pause  by switching off  the auto safe program at FSUIPC,now it is a lot less only at enter for a installed scenery i have sometimes pause but only 8 seconds or less

2 hours ago, johannesdejong said:

had the same problem and solved most of the pause  by switching off  the auto safe program at FSUIPC,now it is a lot less only at enter for a installed scenery i have sometimes pause but only 8 seconds or less

Yes, disabling FSUIPC auto save helps and has been already discussed elsewhere. "Only" 8 seconds is still annoying ...

- Harry 

On 12/3/2018 at 1:12 PM, mpw8679 said:

After months of frustration with ORBX regions, Vector, and pauses I decided to keep it simple for my new PC build with version 4.4.  FTX Global, NA landclass, Free Mesh X, and UTX v2.  Much better performance and ALOT less headache.  I do miss flying GA in my ORBX regions but I’m done fighting the battle.  Just flew into FSDT KLAX in the Maddog X with pretty aggressive settings.  Smooth 30fps and not one pause.  

very interesting as this has been my experience too … when I reloaded p3d I loaded some sceneries from taxi2gate, FSDT etc.... and the performance was very good and nearly pause free, when it did happen it was for 2 secs or less … I thought I was good so I loaded the orbx up and have been hit with pauses here and there since … might just go back to without it 

Same here.  With just vector and LC enabled no stutters or pauses.  I can fly in regions with the region I am in enabled without problems, but if all regions enabled, it is a pause fest.  I have a repeated pause south of LAX heading to Long Beach.  If all regions enabled, I get a 9 second pause over Torrrence airport.  Disable all regions, no pause at all.  Enable just SoCAL, just a quick stutter that is barely noticed.  

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

This appears to be a universal experience... somewhere between LM P3D and Orbx, there is a "scenery housekeeping" problem..

Unfortunately, this is beyond the users' control.

As stated above.. if it bothers you enough, you can disable all Orbx sceneries that you do not need for a specific flight.. which is a nuisance in its own right..  :unsure:

Bert

Yep, it is a nuisance, but thanks to Lorby's Addon Manager and ability to have scenery groups the hassle is minimized somewhat.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant