Sign in to follow this  
gpf3m

Orbx causing long pauses in v4.4

On 11/30/2018 at 1:03 PM, cj-ibbotson said:

I dont think Ive had issues with Clacton but do recall that VOR was discussed on the UKScenery2000 forums.  Only way I can minimise long pauses and reduce them the 0.5s ones is to use a scenery configuration tool and deselect as many regions as not required.  I'll have a quick test on my own over Clacton VOR

Chris

If you have OrbX EU installed you won't see the stutters at CLN. It happens with Vector installed but not EU. ,I posted this issue on the OrbX forums over a year ago but nothing has been done to address it. I even told them what BGL file was causing the stutters.

As for the NorCal/SouthCal I don't have many problems with Northern CA but Southern CA is unusable. Every few miles I was getting 3,4,5 second pauses flying mostly up the coast. Just too many stutters to even think about trying to isolate the problems so I just never enable it.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

On 1/29/2019 at 10:51 AM, Bert Pieke said:

This appears to be a universal experience... somewhere between LM P3D and Orbx, there is a "scenery housekeeping" problem..

Unfortunately, this is beyond the users' control.

As stated above.. if it bothers you enough, you can disable all Orbx sceneries that you do not need for a specific flight.. which is a nuisance in its own right..  :unsure:

LAX to Long Beach loop .....some stutters to be sure. Pauses? You tell me.

Now I have the obvious Orbix So Cal .bgls disabled plus object flow and "new lights".

Been meaning to post this  much earlier ...sorry about the timing.

Edited by FunknNasty

That's looks pretty smooth and crisp to me. I need to get off my rear and get my new system built! I did notice that you have the same issue that I do with ORBX scenery around LAX and that is the fuel oil storage tanks do not show up, just the bases.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I don't know about the other tanker fields but the tanks by LAX can be turned on/off, might be part of the Manhattan Beach BGL. I'll take a look,  It's been awhile since I played around with the BGL's around LA.  Me thinks my BGL setup goes back to my Haswell days.

Tested in V4.5 HF1 and the predictable pauses & stutters are still there. Time for me to disable some bgls from KSAN-KLAX.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Tested in V4.5 HF1 and the predictable pauses & stutters are still there. Time for me to disable some bgls from KSAN-KLAX.

Per Orbx's own support forum, move all of the airport .bgls in the folder FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery\ to another folder. 

For example:

ADE_FTX_SCA_00CA.bgl
ADE_FTX_SCA_00CA_CVX.bgl
FTX_SCA_objects_00CA_PLC.bgl

These are 3 files (of about 970 files in total) for one of the ~300 airports that I'm never going to fly into in the SoCal region. (KLAS, KLAX, KSAN need moving anyway as I have payware versions of them).

Still not perfect, though I have seen much less stuttering by moving these airport files out.

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Per Orbx's own support forum, move all of the airport .bgls in the folder FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery\ to another folder. 

For example:

ADE_FTX_SCA_00CA.bgl
ADE_FTX_SCA_00CA_CVX.bgl
FTX_SCA_objects_00CA_PLC.bgl

These are 3 files (of about 970 files in total) for one of the ~300 airports that I'm never going to fly into in the SoCal region. (KLAS, KLAX, KSAN need moving anyway as I have payware versions of them).

Still not perfect, though I have seen much less stuttering by moving these airport files out.

I'm only going to move the files where I see the pauses and stutters. From KSAN-KLAX is really bad.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The medal standings for bad performance in fsx and p3d have and will always be in my opinion

gold: KLAX

silver EGLL

Bronze CYYZ 

but you wont ever get anyone from LM or ORBX to officially admit though.  its always your system remember. 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png