Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Optimize your VR settings with FpsVR

A little app in Steam that works with WMR headsets like the Samsung Odyssey, HTC Vive, and the Pimax. Unfortunately not the Oculus!

Using this app you can monitor your VR performance in real time, see where there are slowdowns, and and adjust your settings accordingly to perfectly fit your hardware capabilities. I think it's very handy!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/908520/fpsVR/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On 11/30/2018 at 7:37 AM, HiFlyer said:

Unfortunately not the Oculus!

Doesn't the Oculus Tray Tool provide the equivalent monitoring?

Just now, andreh said:

Doesn't the Oculus Tray Tool provide the equivalent monitoring?

This does quite a bit more

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Agree.....OTT shows some interesting performance metrics (frames, latency, headroom) but unfortunately provides nothing in the way of tuning or optimizing....

If anyone finds such a tool that works w Oculus, I’d be interested in learning more.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

5 hours ago, joby33y said:

Agree.....OTT shows some interesting performance metrics (frames, latency, headroom) but unfortunately provides nothing in the way of tuning or optimizing....

If anyone finds such a tool that works w Oculus, I’d be interested in learning more.  

Again, doesn't the Oculus tray tool provide all of those things? frames, latency, headroom? Maybe I'm missing soemthing. 

Edit. Disregard. OTT = Oculus Tray Tool. Misunderstood.  

Edited by andreh

A lot more people have made the jump to VR since I first posted this, so I am giving the thread a bump as this really is nearly a must have tool for dialing in your best settings. In the meantime, the tool itself retains the functionality that made it a keeper in the first place while also adding quite a few helpful new features:

Give it a look!

• Display of the current FPS and the average FPS for VR session
  • Display of the GPU & CPU usage (and Max CPU/Thread Usage - the maximum instantaneous usage among all threads/cores in the system)
  • Display of the GPU MEM & RAM usage
  • Display of the GPU & CPU frametimes
  • Display of the GPU temperature and CPU temperature (Experimental feature)
  • Display of the Ratio of reprojected frames to presented frames, Display of the number of dropped frames
  • Display of the current time and duration of the VR session
  • Display the batteries charge of the controllers (and Vive trackers) in percentages.
  • Ability to set default playback and record devices, ability to mute/unmute the microphone using VR headset proximity sensor, ability to change Steam VR audio settings
  • SteamVR Supersampling settings & Motion Smoothing settings
  • Сable tracking feature.
  • Display the status of the microphone, microphone control: mute / unmute
  • Ability to change the size and the opacity of the overlay window, Ability to attach the overlay window to the controllers, Ability to hide the overlay window
  • Center marker - displays a marker that represents the center of the playspace.
  • Ability to attach the overlay window for seated positions in seated games/apps (for auto/flight-sims)
  • Automatically start fpsVR when SteamVR starts (optional), Automatically minimize the window after start (optional)
  • Hide the window to Windows tray in minimized state (optional)
  • Ability to reset statistics at any time for benchmarking/testing
  • Ability to save the history of VR sessions and view it in the fpsVR History Viewer (included)
  • Timer, Alarm.

Devons rig

Avast (which sometimes gets confused ) says that the latest fpsVR has the IDP.Generic virus - anyone else? (this is from Steam )

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

4 hours ago, whitav8 said:

Avast (which sometimes gets confused ) says that the latest fpsVR has the IDP.Generic virus - anyone else? (this is from Steam )

What is idp. generic trojan? IDP generic means that the detection was detected by an Identity Protection detection component of your antivirus and it is a generalized file that got detected. Your files will be flagged by this whenever the file does something identical to malware that triggers the flag

Devons rig

@HiFlyer - thanks for the explanation! I'll just override it. (exclusion)

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2