Sign in to follow this  
fghdgdfdfgfgf

Sound Rendering ver. 4.4

X-Plane 11 has similar issue when engines are running at least. Switching from external to internal or visa versa produces this.

Edited by mdreyer

Murray Dreyer

On 11/30/2018 at 6:54 AM, FunknNasty said:

Has this changed or am dealing with corrupt sound files after upgrade from 4.3?

What I'm getting with 4.4 is what sounds like an engine spool up whenever I change views while sitting on a runway with throttles in the idle position. Heck, Ill get the sound of spool down when I change views with the throttles a little past idle. I've never had this 'issue' with any previous Prepared or FSX build. This happens with default aircraft and the PMDG 747 (all aircraft I've used with 4.4)..

-Ken

Great goodness.. I am having the exact problem. I thought  my a/c needed an update to make it fully compatible with V4.4  🤣

But, now I see all the reports and see that it's a P3D bug. 

Have you guys tried what Maikel  suggested on the above post?  Does it fixes the issue? 

Never experienced this in any other version, but yes, am experiencing this in v4.4, especially in the B60 Duke.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Have you guys tried what Maikel  suggested on the above post?  Does it fixes the issue?

Did an update from P3D 4.3 to 4.4 the last hours (client-only).
The same audible problem (Robinson Heli - the rotor rpm seems to get down after switching from a nearer point to a farther point, say tower, and back again).
After entering the mentionen time_constant=0 in the [sound] section of prepar3d.cfg, the issue disappeared.

Correction to my earlier post. I must have done something wrong the first try. Did the fix to the cfg and now the noise is gone.

Howard

On 12/29/2018 at 5:16 PM, Stratocruiser1 said:

Correction to my earlier post. I must have done something wrong the first try. Did the fix to the cfg and now the noise is gone.

Howard

If tried it but, still the same.  Although I am flying at the present time.  Do I need to restart the sim to have the changes in the .cfg file take effect?

Kind regards.

David

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

8 hours ago, europrodave said:

If tried it but, still the same.  Although I am flying at the present time.  Do I need to restart the sim to have the changes in the .cfg file take effect?

Kind regards.

David

Any cfg changes require a restart as far as I know. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Worked like a charm.  Thanks to all who 

On 12/6/2018 at 7:21 PM, Maikel van der Heijden said:

Just a quick follow up on this. Mike Schroeter made a post here https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=131659&sid=2dae34e578ef03ede83ae1303c52dda9&start=15 with a possible fix. I will quote:

You can try adding the following config setting to your Prepar3D.cfg [sound] section.

[sound]
time_constant=0;

Report your results please.

Thanks,
Mike

I haven't got the time to try this myself.

Maikel van der Heijden

Works like a charm.  

Thank you Mike.

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

On 11/30/2018 at 8:12 PM, planechaser said:

Have this issue to when switching from cockpit to outside view ( takes a few seconds for the engine RPM to stabalize)

However , when using EZDOK and switching from EZCA2 VIRTUAL COCKPIT to EZCA2 AIRCRAFT CAM ( from the VC to the outside view) , sound works perfectly .

Turning the sound off and on via the Q key - issue persists , but pausing the sim P  works fine.

Thank god for EZDOK or it would be a no -go for 4.4 until a hotfix 

Glad I never updated to 4.4 as I don’t have Ezdok. 

Looks like it's still the same in 4.5.

Had to add time_constant=0 line back in to my new cfg

Edited by itsjase
  • Like 1

Where do I find the cfg that has the sound section? Many thanks.

dave

This issue is still there though the P3Dv4.5 changelog says it is fixed. @dbw1 you can find the cfg here: C:\Users\"your name"\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 . You need to add the code in Prepar3D.cfg.

• Like 1

Iranildo Araújo

10 hours ago, Aeronildo said:

This issue is still there though the P3Dv4.5 changelog says it is fixed. @dbw1 you can find the cfg here: C:\Users\"your name"\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 . You need to add the code in Prepar3D.cfg.

Thanks very much. Located the place and inserted the line and all is well.

Dave

10 hours ago, Aeronildo said: