Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Operations Center missing information

Hello,

I purchased 737NGX for P3d V4. in August. I just went back to OPS Center and when I select this product it offers for me to buy it. There are no links to documentation or livery installers etc. Same actually for my FSX version. All that was there before.

What is wrong?

Greg

Greg Clark

33 minutes ago, greg100o said:

Hello,

I purchased 737NGX for P3d V4. in August. I just went back to OPS Center and when I select this product it offers for me to buy it. There are no links to documentation or livery installers etc. Same actually for my FSX version. All that was there before.

What is wrong?

Greg

make sure  you  click  on the  one  that  you have installed on your  pc  on the list  given in the  oc  other  wise it  will  offer  you  to  buy it

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks I have confirmed that I am selecting the correct version of the 737 NGX for Prepar3d version 4 that I installed.

Greg Clark

Greg Clark

5 hours ago, greg100o said:

Thanks I have confirmed that I am selecting the correct version of the 737 NGX for Prepar3d version 4 that I installed.

Greg Clark

Registry entries deleted from a 3rd party program. Reinstall the products you do not see on the OC and you have. Just run the installer and select install.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Yes I see that the plane is not even listed on the add/remove section of Win 10 even though it works fine. Will just reinstalling overwrite all of my settings, like liveries. keyboard shortcuts, saved panels etc? If so are there any files I could back up to avoid having to go through the whole settings modification again?

Thanks

Greg Clark

Greg Clark

8 minutes ago, greg100o said:

Yes I see that the plane is not even listed on the add/remove section of Win 10 even though it works fine. Will just reinstalling overwrite all of my settings, like liveries. keyboard shortcuts, saved panels etc? If so are there any files I could back up to avoid having to go through the whole settings modification again?

Thanks

Greg Clark

There are so called performance enhancers around that wipe out information from your registry that it should not be touching.  Dell has one of these "tools."  Don't use it.

Dan Downs KCRP

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, greg100o said:

Will just reinstalling overwrite all of my settings, like liveries. keyboard shortcuts, saved panels etc? If so are there any files I could back up to avoid having to go through the whole settings modification again?

Does anyone know the answer to this? Lots work if I have to reinstall all the liveries, customization of settings for each aircraft, keyboard assignments, etc by reinstalling over my existing installation? PMDG tech support could you let me know on this?

Thanks

Greg Clark

Greg Clark

3 hours ago, greg100o said:

PMDG tech support could you let me know on this?

If you wish to communicate directly with PMDG you must do that via their PMDG Product Support portal via a support ticket.

Besides, customization of aircraft and key command assignments are not overwritten when running the installer for PMDG products.

Dan Downs KCRP

For others who run into this problem, it turned out that Norton Antivirus had deleted the Operations Center program or otherwise disabled it from recognizing that I had installed the P3d Version and removed the 737 registry entry, thinking it was a heuristic virus. I learned that after  reinstalling the airplane and running Operations Center Program only to have it redeleted and all the liveries deleted and have to reinstall all over again after excluding the path from future scans by Norton. The Operations Center is on the C main drive x86 folder, so I would not think to a priori exclude the path on my antivirus as I do for other flight sim programs where I choose the installation directory.  It is apparently not signed either, leading also to the deletion problem.

Finally prior to reinstalling, I downloaded what I thought was the latest version of my 737 NGX from my purchase downlink and it turns out for some strange reason in fact it is an old version full of bugs leading to wasted time in troubleshooting why all of my scenarios no longer worked. Once I got OPS center working I saw there was an updated version available,  installed that  and then everything worked well. Apparently PMDG does not update their download links on their site to the latest version.

So correcting this was quite the process.

Greg

Greg Clark

45 minutes ago, greg100o said:

So correcting this was quite the process.

You still using Norton?  I got rid of that word not allowed three years ago for deleting stuff that I had explicitly put on the exclude list and then couldn't get customer support.  Microsoft Defender has been doing a better job ever since then.

Dan Downs KCRP