Sign in to follow this  
Dean33

SWAPPED F1 TO RXP GTN750.

Like many I have been struggling to fly real SIDS and STARS with the Navdata being over 2 years out of date on the F1 GTN750. 

They have been promising a more recent Airac at some point - but no dates.  For example the routes available at KSAN were less than 50% of those listed on Navigraph!

I purchased the RXP GTN750 today and was delighted that it's advertised 1803 Airac was 100% complete at KSNA (apart from a couple of number variations). 

Not only that but the RXP shows vertical restrictions more clearly and I found the VNAV process much better. 

I've had the F1 GTN and then their Complete and they are usually great - but their support process and outdated data got too frustrating for me  

F1 will probably sort themselves out eventually  but for now I love my new RXP!!

Edited by RXP
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

The RXP uses the latest Garmin Trainer, so has all the latest features available in the real unit.

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

I'm doing the same. There's very little support at F1 and I think some of the forum cops there think the tail wags the dog. It's disappointing because they used to be top notch.

Edited by RXP
  • Upvote 3

Michael Hutton

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series 64GB | MSI Suprim Liquid GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | WD Blue SN580 M.2 2TB | Samsung SSD 990 Pro 2TB x 2 | Samsung Portable SSD T5 2TB | NZXT C1200 1200W PSU | NZXT H9 Elite Mid-Tower | Windows 11 Pro 64-bit | Allegiant Virtual Airlines

Welcome to the club. 

37 minutes ago, flhx_ridr said:

the tail wags the dog.

LOL! In this case my RXP GTNs seem to the the tail wagging my aircraft....  And if you have some aircraft that are just better matches for GNS gauges the RXP GNS v2 is top notch!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Seriously considering doing the same.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I´m also on the verge.

Great Products. But lack of GTN/GNS/G600 Support, Developer Interaction on current F1 versions is not what it used to be.
Not talking about updates to v4.4, everybody knows those take time, And wont be installing v4.4 until early next Year.

1 hour ago, Dean33 said:

F1 will probably sort themselves out eventually

I hope they do.

Edited by RamonB
  • Upvote 2

Ironic, I too just made the switch from F1. (Couldnt beat the sale!) Been with RXP on Xplane for quite awhile. Jean Luc is amoung the best in the business. seem to work just fine with P3DV4.4 also.

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello all,

I am an F1 GTN user. I have to admit when I purchased I could not see a great deal of difference, other than F1 "complete" including the 650 and that combination was cheaper the RXP. So price made the difference. 

One thing, however, annolys the .... out of me is the fact that there are no airport charts other than North America (lucky NA I guess)  and this, I believe is a Garmin problem anyway I think. I actually bought because every promo or youtube video I saw before purchase actually showed the Airport charts on screen, and this is something I saw as a bit of a scam. 

Does RXP suffer the same fate with airport charts?

Having been critical, I am really enjoying my F1 and support has, so far, not been an issue. Another point is my reason for buying F1 in the first place, ie the 750 and 650 both being available is, in retrospect ridiculous.  Having laid out the money for both GTNs, I have to confess that I have never even turned on the 650 so in reality I may well have been better off spending less on the RXP 750 and doing without the 650. 

I also just found out about Synthetic Vision incorporated into the G500/600 ... looks amazing and I am wondering if there is anyway to put that combo into the Realair  Duke60 Turbo in lieu of the usual instruments. Now that, would be fantastic.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Thank you all for your kind words!

I've split the discussion in 2 so that each subject may continue being discussed, as long as it is being kept respectful.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

New customer here, just swapped from F1 as yours in in sale and already 4.4 compliant.

I've just replaced my C310R units, sorry if it's already been asked, is there a way to link to HOME/DCT and knobs in the VC to the RXP? Thanks, amazing product as far as I see!

• Upvote 1

devteam.gif

I also changed from F1 to RXP and very happy so far.

F1 GTN was unique in the beginning, no doubt.

But looking at the features that brings the RXP one let me worry that I haven't changed earlier. And support is 100% better!

Keep up the good work, guys!

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The RXP version has a further benefit in that RXP releases compatibility updates faster than F1, when a sim version is updated. In contrast, the RXP GTN has a drawback in that some payware aircraft developers don't support its use. The consequence of that policy is that one cannot obtain official technical support from the aircraft developer.

• Upvote 1

I have had the F1 GTN 750 installed for some time and just got the RXP version based on excellent reviews.

Do I have to uninstall the F1 version first or can they co-exist on the same computer?

Any gotcha's I should be aware off?

• Like 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5