Sign in to follow this  
PaulFWatts

Vertex website is Live!

Darn it! I was just loading up to start a flight KJAC-KIDA.

The site looks great. Lots of info.

Now I know some of you don't read manuals.

From Sean via email concerning manuals:

The manuals for the Vertx DA62 are currently in progress.

You can download the real DA62 flight manual from here:
http://support.diamond-air.at/da62_afm_bas+M52087573ab0.html

And the real G1000 manual can be found here:
https://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/searchManuals.faces?refresh=true

Select: Aviation / Flight Decks / G1000 Diamond DA62 
(be sure not to download the G1000 NXi manual, it is quite different to the classic G1000 modeled in the Vertx DA62).

Edited by BillS511
  • Upvote 1

https://www.vertxsim.com/about-vertx  a former developer from realair nice! looks amazing.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Now that the website is up and running I don’t think we will have very long to wait.

I’ve been waiting on a modern GA twin like this in P3D for a long time so can hold on for a bit longer 🙂

Based on the quality of Sean’s past work and the details and screenshots show on his website I think this is going to be 1st class.

Plus he has stated that he is going to continue to improve the Garmin 1000 in the DA62 and no doubt incorporate this in more of his upcoming planes.

"Coming Early December"

Love his website, I'll say one thing, I've seen hype before...but this "hype" I believe. I've seen a lot  planes hyped before and after a while you tend to distrust it. I'll go out on a limb and say "I believe every word of this hype" So there it is, and when it arrives I suggest you plop your money down. 

The term "hype" is generally used in a degrading sense. In the above paragraph, I didn't use it that way, at all.  

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

The Realair aircraft have to rate as all time classics and the fact we can use them in P3D4 almost unmodified proves it.

On that basis, I'll be buying immediately on release. Sean's reputation precedes him.

• Like 1

David Porrett

I am confused about something from the web site.  It states it uses the sim's database... ok... but it says it flys GPS LPV approaches with vertical guidance.  This would imply WAAS approaches, which are not part of the sim's database.  I do not believe the current sim database even knows what an LPV approach actually is.  I certainly see no information in the SDK regarding approaches that indicates it can define an LPV glidepath.  So... I'm a bit confused.

The modeling looks impressive and it certainly has a really long list of features.  I will be watching this one.

• Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

OMG...Just seen this...looks amazing...

Not a great lover of "Glass" cockpits but this looks a must have..

Dave

I fly Realair planes 95% of the time. Like Dave I hope the glass cockpit is not a frame rate killer.But am so happy Sean is back developing planes..

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

11 minutes ago, reecemj said:

I hope the glass cockpit is not a frame rate killer.

Your computer should have no fps problems while simming with this masterpiece. 😀

BTW, a state-of-the-art bird deserves a state-of-the-art website. Sean did a very nice job!

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Judging by the website info, this plane is insane! Feels like actually buying the real thing. Anyone know how much virtual insurance is?

• Upvote 1

Mario Di Lauro

4 hours ago, WarpD said:

I am confused about something from the web site.  It states it uses the sim's database... ok... but it says it flys GPS LPV app...

I'm getting a slight bit confused also about the "sim's database" statements. Will it utilize  fsaerodata updates if installed? Most navigation systems from recent, complex flightsim aircraft have navaid data files that can be modified once Navigraph has been given the format by the developer and approves it. I'm going to wait and see what early users say before buying.

• Upvote 1