Sign in to follow this  
PaulFWatts

Vertex website is Live!

4 minutes ago, MarkW said:

What do you all this the price will be?  I would have to think something like $60 or $70 ?  I can't imagine it lower and much higher they are getting into PMDG, FSL territory.

You are probably right on the price but it’s worth it to me. I like fast high and low flying GA a/c. I guess one could read how excited we are and raise the price.Am still buying.😃

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Even if it is a g1000 it is still less complex aircraft than a liner so I would expect a price range more around 40 / 50$.

but time will tell.

Hey no one has answered this.  Does this aircraft have window rain/snow effects.  I was just comparing this Aerobask's DA62 for Xplane11 which has the rain/snow effects.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

5 hours ago, WarpD said:

I am confused about something from the web site.  It states it uses the sim's database... ok... but it says it flys GPS LPV approaches with vertical guidance.  This would imply WAAS approaches, which are not part of the sim's database.  I do not believe the current sim database even knows what an LPV approach actually is.  I certainly see no information in the SDK regarding approaches that indicates it can define an LPV glidepath.  So... I'm a bit confused.

The modeling looks impressive and it certainly has a really long list of features.  I will be watching this one.

BINGO, that's part of what I was wondering about:

26 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm getting a slight bit confused also about the "sim's database" statements. Will it utilize  fsaerodata updates if installed? Most navigation systems from recent, complex flightsim aircraft have navaid data files that can be modified once Navigraph has been given the format by the developer and approves it. I'm going to wait and see what early users say before buying.

I was not confused, but seriously concerned. I hope this concern is addressed, because it would be a total shame to have another wonderfully modeled Garmin navigation system that has outdated navdata by design.

It was great that both Flight1 and subsequently RXP were able to legally co-opt the official Garmin GTN trainer app and create realistic P3d and XP GTN gauges. But the one flaw in the design was the reliance on the trainer's nav data format, which is proprietary and only gets updated by Garmin every couple years (unless one has a real GTN unit).

I hope that the G1000 database in the DA62 is designed to be updatable in some fashion, either directly via Navigraph or indirectly by fsaerodata. We shall see.

28 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I hope that the G1000 database in the DA62 is designed to be updatable in some fashion, either directly via Navigraph or indirectly by fsaerodata. We shall see. 

Straight from the site: "Third party database updates such as FSAerodata and Aero Sors are supported." In other words, this G1000 reads everything that's installed into your sim. So no Navigraph support (which installs into specific addons and not your sim).

I have to say this plane looks good... I also like that everything is saved, even more so than with A2A planes. That will really make it feel like your very own plane!

Edited by Guest

Before this plane is released, I would like to congratulate all the Beta Testers and Vertx Sims. You have done a great job in respecting the NDA! We are all completely confused and as excited as a 5 year old on Christmas Eve! I hate it and I love it all at the same time. LOL!!

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

7 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Before this plane is released, I would like to congratulate all the Beta Testers and Vertx Sims. You have done a great job in respecting the NDA! We are all completely confused and as excited as a 5 year old on Christmas Eve! I hate it and I love it all at the same time. LOL!!

And some others keep silent, so that brings even more confusion. Just for the issue about the nav database, I don't expect this addon to cost more than US$40.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It was great that both Flight1 and subsequently RXP were able to legally co-opt the official Garmin GTN trainer app and create realistic P3d and XP GTN gauges. But the one flaw in the design was the reliance on the trainer's nav data format, which is proprietary and only gets updated by Garmin every couple years (unless one has a real GTN unit).

I totally agree, and that 1 flaw is gigantic. F1/RXP could be so much more useful for realistic operations. It is a huge mistake to deliberately continue this flaw in such an awesome new product. Although I don't know why it would be done this way, any explanation would simply not be good enough because of the permanent and huge limitations.

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Straight from the site: "Third party database updates such as FSAerodata and Aero Sors are supported." In other words, this G1000 reads everything that's installed into your sim. So no Navigraph support (which installs into specific addons and not your sim).

I have to say this plane looks good... I also like that everything is saved, even more so than with A2A planes. That will really make it feel like your very own plane!

I suppose its possible that Jose from FSAerodata and Vertx can get together and make it such that FSAerodata updates STAR/SID/APCH procedures, like the default Garmin GPS/G1000 units, and this would be acceptable, in light of the fact that Navigraph seems to be out of the question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean, just think we have an awesome rendition of a DA62, what will we be using it for, just taking screen shots??? You can do that with a Carenado or an Abacus rendition too!

Imagine this; we are flying along on our flight plan and the weather changes - if one is flying via VATSIM or P2ATC or whichever ATC and we get an amended clearance to follow a new STAR to a new APCH. We would have to go back to Little Nav Map (providing one has FSAerodata and Navigraph subscriptions) and change the flight plan, save it to P3D and/or reload it into the G1000 (by user waypoints??). Or we would have to go to SkyVector.com or another navigation source suitable for ones geographic location and get the information to manually enter the procedure -(try that in the soup while ATC is hounding you for a response or waiting for you to figure it all out). All because that new procedure is NOT in the G1000, because it is not updated....day to day operations.

So as I understand it currently, if one would like to simulate actual aircraft operations one needs to go elsewhere, or in the Vertx DA62 just fake it, and settle for less realism....VFR only....boo.:sad:

Hopefully an acceptable explanation/procedure can be provided. :smile:

Edited by pracines

19 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I don't expect this addon to cost more than US$40.

Cheers, Ed

If the other version is $35, then what you're saying is that this version should be priced at no more than $5 more. Is this correct?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

If the other version is $35, then what you're saying is that this version should be priced at no more than $5 more. Is this correct?

Ed specified that the NAV data is in question. Carenado is valuable because of its updateable Nav database, so it would be balanced out to a degree (decided by individuals) in this most important aspect.

If one is going to use the product to simulate flying IFR, then it needs to be up for the task or the value is reduced; by how much is up to each of us...Ed was clear on where he stood.

Edited by pracines
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Yes, of course, this is just my opinion. Probably the other option is overpriced. Not trying to offend anyone.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I don't see what is that worries you guys regarding the Navdata/sidstars. If the Vertx DA62 reads everything that its in the simulator which we can keep up to date through the fsAerodata updates, doesn't that mean that the G1000 will always be up to date?

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link