Sign in to follow this  
PaulFWatts

Vertex website is Live!

28 minutes ago, markadeane said:

I would suggest ORBX NZSI as a similarly fantastic environment for GA flying. Throw NZQN and NZMF in the mix and you've got some really challenging places to take the new 'Aerial SUV'!

Fully agree. Nice. Popular. The 3-airport pack NZMF is one of the few payware-airports I own. A friend of mine who lives there hates it, myriads of flies he says.

But in South America many areas you takeoff at 8000 ft or more and have to climb above 15000 ft, a completely different story I also performed takeoff tests there. At 15000 ft. Recorded first hypoxia clip there. Only one thing to look at, a really long takeoff run at a default airport....  I think South America many people have not on the radar yet.

• Upvote 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

11 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

Fully agree. Nice. Popular. The 3-airport pack NZMF is one of the few payware-airports I own. A friend of mine who lives there hates it, myriads of flies he says.

It's an incredibly rainy environment, sandflies and mosquitoes are a big feature of Milford sound but it is a beautiful location. Of the three airfields in the NZMF pack, Quentin strip is my favourite with the blind approach and significant slope.

• Like 1

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Besides the mosquitoes in South Africa, any idea if we may get it this week? Keeping updating this thread for some release news. 😀

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

41 minutes ago, markadeane said:

It's an incredibly rainy environment, sandflies and mosquitoes are a big feature of Milford sound but it is a beautiful location. Of the three airfields in the NZMF pack, Quentin strip is my favourite with the blind approach and significant slope.

Quentin is getting close with the DA62. Rwy length there might be 1500 ft? Hard to say. I have set autogen trees high, therefore high obstacles. Regarding the DA62, skilled pilots should have minimum about 1400 ft rwy available. Skilled bush pilots which are not limited to POH values should have minimum 1200 ft (no obstacles, 2000 kgs, ISA, sea level). Takeoff roll distance is abt. 1200 ft that means w/o obstacles.

This are very rough first values to get a first idea only and depend on many factors. No guarantee.

Daedalus, no news at the moment.

Edited by rudi0310
takeoff roll changed
  • Like 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

27 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

Quentin is getting close with the DA62. Rwy length there might be 1500 ft? Hard to say. I have set autogen trees high, therefore high obstacles. Regarding the DA62, skilled pilots should have minimum about 1400 ft rwy available. Skilled bush pilots which are not limited to POH values should have minimum 1200 ft (no obstacles, 2000 kgs, ISA, sea level). Takeoff roll distance is abt. 1200 ft that means w/o obstacles.

This are very rough first values to get a first idea only and depend on many factors. No guarantee.

Daedalus, no news at the moment.

Rudi, Quintin (sorry I spelled it incorrectly before) isn't charted in our Aeronautical Publications but appears on our Visual Navigation Charts. My info suggests it's about 520m long, but the bottom of the strip is only marginally useful. Slope is 5.2% so you'd probably get in there, but not out! 

And forget about a go around!

Mark Adeane - NZWN

13 minutes ago, markadeane said:

Rudi, Quintin (sorry I spelled it incorrectly before) isn't charted in our Aeronautical Publications but appears on our Visual Navigation Charts. My info suggests it's about 520m long, but the bottom of the strip is only marginally useful. Slope is 5.2% so you'd probably get in there, but not out! 

And forget about a go around!

No problem. NZMF and something with Q, was clear for me what you wanted to say. Do you have a link to official maps?

Tested it for you. No problem to land and to takeoff with the DA62. Feels like about 1500 ft in len. Correct. Was flying a lot in Nz south a few moths ago. Found a lot of things. The Comalco Aluminum Smelter. They need 30 % of the electric power of the entire South Island! And the power plant that comes from. Manapour power station. Buried. Funny. I am always interested where I am flying.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

47 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

No problem. NZMF and something with Q, was clear for me what you wanted to say. Do you have a link to official maps?

Tested it for you. No problem to land and to takeoff with the DA62. Feels like about 1500 ft in len. Correct. Was flying a lot in Nz south a few moths ago. Found a lot of things. The Comalco Aluminum Smelter. They need 30 % of the electric power of the entire South Island! And the power plant that comes from. Manapour power station. Buried. Funny. I am always interested where I am flying.

NZ aerodrome charts are at http://www.aip.net.nz but Quintin isn't published, and the visual nav charts aren't available online sadly.

Manapouri power station is amazing, the generation room is 200m below a mountain. You can take guided tours down there but I was constantly thinking about how much rock was between me and daylight!

Good to know re: the DA-62 into Quintin. Definitely going to try that!

• Like 1

Mark Adeane - NZWN

How about this destination?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Its quickly becoming MID December....Early December is fading away after tomorrow. 🤓

Any ideas where this will be sold? Just want to be sure I have an account with the store. 🤑

I have already downloaded the DA62 Flight and G1000 manuals, I intend to read the normal procedures sections sometime today.😁 

58 minutes ago, pracines said:

Any ideas where this will be sold? Just want to be sure I have an account with the store.

If I recall when I purchased the RealAir Duke it was directly from their website so I would assume @Sean Moloney will continue the same method. I prefer purchasing addons from the vendors. Hopefully soon we'll see a Buy Now icon at the top of the page.😊

We've seen the mess with FSS.

Edited by BillS511
  • Like 1