PaulFWatts

Vertex website is Live!

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It was great that both Flight1 and subsequently RXP were able to legally co-opt the official Garmin GTN trainer app and create realistic P3d and XP GTN gauges. But the one flaw in the design was the reliance on the trainer's nav data format, which is proprietary and only gets updated by Garmin every couple years (unless one has a real GTN unit).

I hope that the G1000 database in the DA62 is designed to be updatable in some fashion, either directly via Navigraph or indirectly by fsaerodata. We shall see.

I totally agree, and that 1 flaw is gigantic. F1/RXP could be so much more useful for realistic operations. It is a huge mistake to deliberately continue this flaw in such an awesome new product. Although I don't know why it would be done this way, any explanation would simply not be good enough because of the permanent and huge limitations.

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Straight from the site: "Third party database updates such as FSAerodata and Aero Sors are supported." In other words, this G1000 reads everything that's installed into your sim. So no Navigraph support (which installs into specific addons and not your sim).

I have to say this plane looks good... I also like that everything is saved, even more so than with A2A planes. That will really make it feel like your very own plane!

I suppose its possible that Jose from FSAerodata and Vertx can get together and make it such that FSAerodata updates STAR/SID/APCH procedures, like the default Garmin GPS/G1000 units, and this would be acceptable, in light of the fact that Navigraph seems to be out of the question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean, just think we have an awesome rendition of a DA62, what will we be using it for, just taking screen shots??? You can do that with a Carenado or an Abacus rendition too!

Imagine this; we are flying along on our flight plan and the weather changes - if one is flying via VATSIM or P2ATC or whichever ATC and we get an amended clearance to follow a new STAR to a new APCH. We would have to go back to Little Nav Map (providing one has FSAerodata and Navigraph subscriptions) and change the flight plan, save it to P3D and/or reload it into the G1000 (by user waypoints??). Or we would have to go to SkyVector.com or another navigation source suitable for ones geographic location and get the information to manually enter the procedure -(try that in the soup while ATC is hounding you for a response or waiting for you to figure it all out). All because that new procedure is NOT in the G1000, because it is not updated....day to day operations.

So as I understand it currently, if one would like to simulate actual aircraft operations one needs to go elsewhere, or in the Vertx DA62 just fake it, and settle for less realism....VFR only....boo.:sad:

Hopefully an acceptable explanation/procedure can be provided. :smile:

Edited by pracines

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

19 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I don't expect this addon to cost more than US$40.

Cheers, Ed

If the other version is $35, then what you're saying is that this version should be priced at no more than $5 more. Is this correct?

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

If the other version is $35, then what you're saying is that this version should be priced at no more than $5 more. Is this correct?

Ed specified that the NAV data is in question. Carenado is valuable because of its updateable Nav database, so it would be balanced out to a degree (decided by individuals) in this most important aspect.

If one is going to use the product to simulate flying IFR, then it needs to be up for the task or the value is reduced; by how much is up to each of us...Ed was clear on where he stood.

Edited by pracines
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Yes, of course, this is just my opinion. Probably the other option is overpriced. Not trying to offend anyone.

Cheers, Ed

I don't see what is that worries you guys regarding the Navdata/sidstars. If the Vertx DA62 reads everything that its in the simulator which we can keep up to date through the fsAerodata updates, doesn't that mean that the G1000 will always be up to date?

Edited by Daedalus

@rudi0310 Hey do you know if this DA62 simulate rain/snow effects on the windows?

Edited by Skywolf

5 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

@rudi0310 Hey do you know if this DA62 simulate rain/snow effects on the windows?

Was wondering the same thing. Can't imagine it not.

Or it could utilize A2A's rain effect.

Edited by BillS511

57 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I don't see what is that worries you guys regarding the Navdata/sidstars. If the Vertx DA62 reads everything that its in the simulator which we can keep up to date through the fsAerodata updates, doesn't that mean that the G1000 will always be up to date?

If that's the way it works it will operate correctly with the latest Navigraph data because that's what fsaerodata uses. What it won't update is any approach, departure or arrival type that can't be coded into a P3d4 airport BGL file. A good example of a similar BGL shortcoming is that codes like    DSARK5 have to be abbreviated to 5 characters in the sim.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124622

Lots of questions! Let's not beat up Vertx and start reducing the price because of Navigraph data. At least let the thing get released. Vertx is , like all Flight Sim models confined to what the software will do. Many of us grew up flying in a cardboard box with a piece of broom stick and we could go right along with Sky King. I am sure we can find a way to live with this.👽

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

At the moment no true glass or similar.

You will be happy about the price. Ok, there are always some people unhappy with every price.

The DA62 does not read external navigation data source files. This is the normal procedure Navigraph data are used. So this is not possible.

The DA62 uses Prepar3D`s internal database.

This should be a sufficient solution. How FSAerodata works:

Step 1 you are a Navigraph subscriber and are therefore authorized to use the newest AIRAC

Step 2 you are a FSAerodata subscriber (they check if you are a Navigraph subscriber also) and download their newest data set based on the newest Navigraph AIRAC and install this into your Prepar3D

All aircraft you have installed and use the Prepar3D as data source can use now newest Navigraph AIRAC including newest procedures. Including the DA62

To see what FSAerodata can do goto this posting https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/545408-vertx-da-62-news/?do=findComment&comment=3934080 or to the FSAerodata website  https://www.fsaerodata.com/

I am not a FSAerodata user. Yet. There are other beta testers who might acknowledge or correct me. FSAerodata users, please correct me, if I am wrong.

Those wo did not watch it yet might watch my video, which also covers some questions in detail and offers some solutions regarding navigation:

https://youtu.be/f_0YnlbTMH8

Little Navmap can also be updated with latest Navigraph AIRAC but I agree this is too much work inflight while communicating with ATC.

Hope this helps. A little.

Edited by rudi0310
typos

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

If that's the way it works it will operate correctly with the latest Navigraph data because that's what fsaerodata uses. What it won't update is any approach, departure or arrival type that can't be coded into a P3d4 airport BGL file. A good example of a similar BGL shortcoming is that codes like    DSARK5 have to be abbreviated to 5 characters in the sim.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124622

OK, this is a limitation.

3 hours ago, Daedalus said:

No it does not mean the Vertx G1000 is up to date, because a G1000 will store airport approach and departure procedures and these are updated monthly.

FSAerodata can only update DEFAULT P3D GPS units.

Maybe there will be an announcement, but until then, FSAerodata DOES NOT update the Vertx G1000 with approach/departure procedures.

25 minutes ago, pracines said:

No it does not mean the Vertx G1000 is up to date, because a G1000 will store airport approach and departure procedures and these are updated monthly.

FSAerodata can only update DEFAULT P3D GPS units.

Maybe there will be an announcement, but until then, FSAerodata DOES NOT update the Vertx G1000 with approach/departure procedures.

My understanding is that fsAerodata updates default GPS units because these units are sourcing their data directly from P3D. In the same way, the G1000 can be made to source its data (navaids/sidstars etc.) from P3D. fsAerodata are updated monthly using Navigraph. So, how you are sure that the G1000 that Vertx has made is not working this way, including approach/departure procedures?

Edited by Daedalus

We need Sean to chime in...where is he? Hi Sean 😊

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

My understanding is that FSAerodata updates default GPS units because these units are sourcing their data directly from P3D. In the same way, the G1000 can be made to source its data (navaids/sidstars etc.) from P3D. fsAerodata are updated monthly using Navigraph. So, how you are sure that the G1000 that Vertx has made is not working this way?

I'm not sure, but since you say "my understanding", you don't sound sure either. If you are correct (and I do want you to be correct), then problem solved.

But looking at the promo vid there was no indication that even outdated sids/stars/app could be selected directly from the G1000. There was a distinct need to go to LNM to get current procedures.

In summary, I want to be able to select procedures (SID/STAR/APP) from within the Vertx DA62 G1000, and I want them to be current. If this is possible, I'm happy, and will intend to be a day 1 customer. If this is not possible then I already have a GTN 650/750 that is outdated but functions fine.

• Upvote 2

The default GPS uses the sim's core database.  FSAeroData updates the sim's core database.

However, the core sim's database does not support LPV approaches.  There is no vertical guidance, no glidepath, no data to even define a glidepath.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, edpatino said:

Yes, of course, this is just my opinion. Probably the other option is overpriced. Not trying to offend anyone.

Cheers, Ed

but at the same time potentially managing to offend everyone😑

34 minutes ago, pracines said:

But looking at the promo vid there was no indication that even outdated sids/stars/app could be selected directly from the G1000. There was a distinct need to go to LNM to get current procedures.

The video got with 30+ minutes much longer than planned first. Could by far not show all features in that time. Of course sid/star/app can be selected directly in the G1000. There might be exceptions. jabloomf1230 named one. 

Regarding LPV I can say nothing at the moment.

Did see this thread very late. No clue why there was an urge need to open a new thread when there already was a "Vertx News" thread.

You really have to hand it to simmers.

Here we have a new product that looks awesome produced by someone with the reputation of Sean and you are speculating and arguing about the navigation database 🙄.

Here's suggestion: if you hear nothing official, why not wait until the product is released? If you aren't prepared to buy, wait until those of us do and can report back and see how this has been implemented.

Honestly, some of you would argue about two flies crawling up a wall.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

At the moment no true glass or similar.

Thanks for the update.  I hope you can ask Sean if he would down the road try to implement A2A Rain effects (as it is free for all developers now).  

Really appreciate the work done on this.  Looking forward to release 

PS - if you guys need last minute beta testers - count me in 😊

WOW, props to your website. One of the best i've seen. The visuals are amazing, you are truly talented. 

AND the aircraft looks spectacular. Can't wait for release. 

Edited by Mitch24

6 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Thanks for the update.  I hope you can ask Sean if he would down the road try to implement A2A Rain effects (as it is free for all developers now).  

Really appreciate the work done on this.  Looking forward to release 

PS - if you guys need last minute beta testers - count me in 😊

Be sure that more features are planned for the future. But as I explained in another thread, ressources are limited.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

We need Sean to chime in...where is he? Hi Sean 😊

Hopefully working on the RTM, far, far away from this puerile thread. Whatever AND WHENEVER it releases, it will be stunning, it will be updated and it will be an incredible return on investment. After all, I’ve only got years and years of history from RA to base that on.

Let’s see what Sean comes up with and collectively marvel at his one man operational output, rather than speculate and micro-dissect before release.

C

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Hopefully working on the RTM, far, far away from this puerile thread. Whatever AND WHENEVER it releases, it will be stunning, it will be updated and it will be an incredible return on investment. After all, I’ve only got years and years of history from RA to base that on.

Let’s see what Sean comes up with and collectively marvel at his one man operational output, rather than speculate and micro-dissect before release.

C

Wow - how nicely said!!!! 

I have been excited ever since I saw the youtube videos about this bird.  Please let him know his website rocks and give thanks to the designer.

16 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Wow - how nicely said!!!! 

I have been excited ever since I saw the youtube videos about this bird.  Please let him know his website rocks and give thanks to the designer.

Sean designed and coded the entire website.

• Like 3