PaulFWatts

Vertex website is Live!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Any news?

Don't worry, I'm also hitting the F5 key once every thirty seconds with you

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, callsignrobin said:

Don't worry, I'm also hitting the F5 key once every thirty seconds with you

Lol...hahaha

 

🍻😋🤣

Share this post


Link to post

Its quickly becoming MID December....Early December is fading away after tomorrow. 🤓

Any ideas where this will be sold? Just want to be sure I have an account with the store. 🤑

 

Share this post


Link to post

I have already downloaded the DA62 Flight and G1000 manuals, I intend to read the normal procedures sections sometime today.😁 

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, pracines said:

Any ideas where this will be sold? Just want to be sure I have an account with the store.

If I recall when I purchased the RealAir Duke it was directly from their website so I would assume @Sean Moloney will continue the same method. I prefer purchasing addons from the vendors. Hopefully soon we'll see a Buy Now icon at the top of the page.😊

We've seen the mess with FSS.

Edited by BillS511
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

With regard to the Navdata, I have a question.  For this type of aircraft, most of the time it will be flying into smaller airports that don't even have SIDS or STARS so does it really matter if things are not 100% up to date.  I suppose there might be some approach procedure that is out of date, but most of us can live with this accommodation.  I am looking forward to flying it when the release happens (hopefully this weekend).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, MarkW said:

With regard to the Navdata, I have a question.  For this type of aircraft, most of the time it will be flying into smaller airports that don't even have SIDS or STARS so does it really matter if things are not 100% up to date.  I suppose there might be some approach procedure that is out of date, but most of us can live with this accommodation.  I am looking forward to flying it when the release happens (hopefully this weekend).

Hi Mark,

Yeah - concur - had that thought as well when SIDS/STARS were brought up - little bug smashers don't fly them very often...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, MarkW said:

so does it really matter if things are not 100% up to date. 

If one uses the default navigation  database and the default ATC, then one will never notice in-sim anything out of the ordinary. However, if one relies a flight planner like Little NavMap, which uses the most recent AIRAC to create flight plans, there will be a some mismatched navaids, approaches, and waypoints. That can be rectified either by turning off the Navigraph option in LNM or purchasing fsaerodata to update the sim's database.

Share this post


Link to post

I am still confused http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html vs fsaerodata - their names are so similar.

One is free and others payware.  I dig the free option again - I can not figure out the difference

Apparently the free one does ils etc? can someone in here elaborate in depth.  The free option might as well be excellent with this addon which almost simulates G1000.

I am wondering if Sean is going to make separate G1000 addon from this bird....it would make sense to do so.  These all new GA planes come with G1000+ 

Share this post


Link to post

So we  cannot fly SID or STARs with the DA62? Will it ever have that function?

Share this post


Link to post

I am starting to think we may still be a couple of weeks away. Looking back over this thread no one seems to care about having a nice new "SUV" to fly......it is all about "I can't live with out a SID/Star simulator". I would not be at all surprised if the release is on hold because of that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MarkW said:

With regard to the Navdata, I have a question.  For this type of aircraft, most of the time it will be flying into smaller airports that don't even have SIDS or STARS so does it really matter if things are not 100% up to date.

Frankly, I'm not all that concerned about SIDs and STARs either.  But for the smaller airports where I typically fly, support for updated GPS approaches are becoming more important.  I read Sean's post (and thanks to him for taking the time to explain things) and I have to confess - I still don't understand how LPV approaches specifically and GPS approaches in general are going to be handled.

No, it's not an issue which will prevent a purchase, but I'd still like to better understand how this will work and what the ramifications will be.  Since I fly 100% GA to mostly small and regional airports, when flying IFR I fly far more GPS approaches than I do traditional ground-based approaches (ILS, VOR, NDB) in the sim.

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

fsaerodata's capabilities have already been posted in this thread:

The freeware package updates VORs, NDB and  ILS approaches. In Europe, enroute intersections and a few other items are also kept up to date. Here's the PDF for the freeware package:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/documentation/FSXP3DNavaidsUpdate.pdf

Concerning the freeware package (and any other package that does this) , this particular caveat looks a little concerning;

"3.3 – Missing BGL files Some 3rd party add-ons or other update programs may deactivate or replace some stock BGL files. In such a case, the installer will first display a list of missing files and call for an action. It is recommended you cancel the update and restore first the default files so as to avoid a mix that could result in unpredictable results. In case you accept to continue, missing files will be restored using those provided in the present package."

- it looks like orbyx areas would be a pita. 

*edit, by the way, SIDs and STARS will not distract me from purchase. After all, I am flying on a computer, for a start.

 

Edited by jimcarrel

Share this post


Link to post

Just noticed that fsaerodata has stated that todays release of Airac 1813 is compatible with the Vertx DA-62.

We must be really close to release.

Jesse

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I’m going home tomorrow after a 2 week holiday so hoping it will be released this weekend.

Also have lots of updates to do re P3D4.4 but will hold off on this if the DA62 is released.

I understand that last minute things can easily pop up in software development so won’t be too perturbed if it’s awhile longer. Would rather a quality release than an annoying bug that spoils the experience.

Share this post


Link to post

Waiting for this masterpiece, does anyone know if there is a freely available Garmin G1000 trainer? I have X-Plane 11, but I guess Vertx G1000 will be much closer to the real thing.

EDIT: With a simple google I found this: 

https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/garminapp

Seems to not be able to simulate a flight, but one can see the various menus. It should be an older version.

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Frankly, it's a shame that Vertx is following the old modus operandi of it's predecessor Realair by not fully implementing certain aspects of an otherwise well-modeled simulation.  Consider Realair's very last product, the Turbine Duke, a simulation which despite excellent detail nevertheless possessed VERY unrealistic turboprop modeling.  Why Realair even considered compromising a product with such explicit shortcomings in spite of other achievements with the simulation is beyond comprehension. 

Unfortunately now, history is repeating itself with Vertx and the DA-42.  I'm sorry, but it's simply inexcusable that Sean Moloney is trying to market a G1000 simulation that utilizes P3D's default database instead of a properly updated Airac cycle.  Expecting customers to pay for a dual subscription to both Navigraph AND FSAerodata, yet still not being able to implement SIDS and STARS, is simply inexcusable in my personal opinion.  I won't compromise on a proper Garmin GTN series simulation with my collection of G/A aircraft, nor do I have to.  And I'm certainly not going to compromise by purchasing a simulation with a 'fake' G1000 avionics package that requires me to incur significant additional expenditure just to have a current but crippled Airac cycle.  

Perhaps it would be more prudent for Vertx to abort this release until such a time when a fully modeled simulation package can be produced rather than propagate Realair's legacy of coming up short.  

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Reuben Getz said:

Frankly

Hi Folks,

Huh ? 

Enjoy your default aircraft with your default GPS... Sounds like the only ones that would be a good match for you...

[Sarcasm] ?

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Huh ? 

Enjoy your default aircraft with your default GPS... Sounds like the only ones that would be a good match for you...

[Sarcasm] ?

Regards,

Scott

Ummm, no, my A2A aircraft fully integrate Flight One's Garmin GTN series, thanks.  If I wanted to enjoy the default GPS setup, I'd run out and buy the Vertx DA-42.  Kind of my point here.   

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Reuben Getz said:

Frankly, it's a shame that Vertx is following the old modus operandi of it's predecessor Realair by not fully implementing certain aspects of an otherwise well-modeled simulation.  Consider Realair's very last product, the Turbine Duke, a simulation which despite excellent detail nevertheless possessed VERY unrealistic turboprop modeling.  Why Realair even considered compromising a product with such explicit shortcomings in spite of other achievements with the simulation is beyond comprehension. 

Unfortunately now, history is repeating itself with Vertx and the DA-42.  I'm sorry, but it's simply inexcusable that Sean Moloney is trying to market a G1000 simulation that utilizes P3D's default database instead of a properly updated Airac cycle.  Expecting customers to pay for a dual subscription to both Navigraph AND FSAerodata, yet still not being able to implement SIDS and STARS, is simply inexcusable in my personal opinion.  I won't compromise on a proper Garmin GTN series simulation with my collection of G/A aircraft, nor do I have to.  And I'm certainly not going to compromise by purchasing a simulation with a 'fake' G1000 avionics package that requires me to incur significant additional expenditure just to have a current but crippled Airac cycle.  

Perhaps it would be more prudent for Vertx to abort this release until such a time when a fully modeled simulation package can be produced rather than propagate Realair's legacy of coming up short.  

I really don't get how your own opinion about what you consider acceptable translates into an attack to Vertx. Inexcusable? Why you think that Sean Moloney has to ask your opinion? If you don't like it, don't buy it.

I bet this will be the best G1000 there is in P3D. Nearly everyone who is too hardcore about simming has a Navigraph subscription. Paying 20$ per year to get FSAerodata is not that big of a deal if you are so much into absolute realism. This is a "significant additional expenditure" for you ?

In the contrary. It is inexcusable what you are doing. What makes you think that you can advise Sean to abort the release until he fulfill your requirements? This is ridiculous. And it is disrespectful not only to the developer but to the so many people who we are eagerly waiting to buy it. 

It is really disappointing when I see how rude and disrespectful some people are.

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Reuben Getz said:

Ummm, no, my A2A aircraft fully integrate Flight One's Garmin GTN series, thanks.  If I wanted to enjoy the default GPS setup, I'd run out and buy the Vertx DA-42.  Kind of my point here.   

Hi Reuben,

You've certainly made a few facts abundantly clear here - LOL...

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Reuben Getz said:

Ummm, no, my A2A aircraft fully integrate Flight One's Garmin GTN series, thanks.  If I wanted to enjoy the default GPS setup, I'd run out and buy the Vertx DA-42.  Kind of my point here.   

Interesting how one is quick to call an addon release without Navigraph/navigation updates "inexcusable", yet openly admit to using another addon without Navigraph/navigation updates (which is apparently not "inexcusable"). 

🤔

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Since when has the FAA, EASA, ICAO, or JAA required all instrument procedures to be based on GPS?  Why do people believe you can't perform an IFR Flight or fly a procedure without a GPS? I would like to see the feature added at some point but as it stands, I know how to identify intersections and maintain heading and altitude perform a procedure turn, perform a hold and so-on without a GPS and in the real world that and a current set of charts is all you need. So what exactly is so "unrealistic" about this DA-62?

 

 

Edited by jalbino59
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/1/2018 at 5:08 PM, cavaricooper said:

Hopefully working on the RTM, far, far away from this puerile thread. Whatever AND WHENEVER it releases, it will be stunning, it will be updated and it will be an incredible return on investment. After all, I’ve only got years and years of history from RA to base that on.

Let’s see what Sean comes up with and collectively marvel at his one man operational output, rather than speculate and micro-dissect before release.

C

C

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now