Sign in to follow this  
CordoganAir

747-400 PAX QOTS II - Seating Config

I have searched through the manual and forums and I simply cannot find anywhere if there is a way to change the seating configuration of the 747-400 PAX (i.e. 4/3/2 class configurations). Apologies if this has been covered but after searching high an low I'm at a loss.

Unfortunately, you can't.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

2 hours ago, CordoganAir said:

I have searched through the manual and forums and I simply cannot find anywhere if there is a way to change the seating configuration of the 747-400 PAX (i.e. 4/3/2 class configurations). Apologies if this has been covered but after searching high an low I'm at a loss.

You can't. weight is weight no matter what the seating config is.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

5 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

You can't. weight is weight no matter what the seating config is.

Excuse my ignorance but do all those seating configs have zero effect on CG? I mean not important as you cannot change them but I am just asking to be educated on the comment 'weight is weight'!

😄

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Afaik there are 3 or 4 „sections“ in the PMDG load settings into which the weight is loaded. So if you wish to put 20 pax from section 1 to section 3 (or 4) you can of course move the weight... but I‘m not so sure if that makes a huge difference in how a that heavy airplane is flown.

23 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

but I‘m not so sure if that makes a huge difference in how a that heavy airplane is flown.

You're absolutely right of course, but in the event of an incident you can be sure the attorneys would point out that passengers were moved around and the pilots did not update the CG from 22.3 to 22.4 

😄

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK