Sign in to follow this  
casv

FSX activation servers not available

Hi,

I was going to re-install my copy of FSX Boxed DVD but when to activate it, the activation servers are not available.

Anyone got same issue like me?

Have you tried the phone activation.xml in your main folder?  Open it with notepad and look for the toll-free number for your area.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

That's a shame if the activation servers are down.  SP2/Acceleration needs FSX activated to install those updates. Hope they get it fixed.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

@ casv

I just activated my FSX deluxe edition box set a few hours ago using the phone method. Just call the number for your country(1-866-740-1256 for USA). It is an automated system with several prompts. It will ask you if you would like to activate using your smartphone(I highly suggest using this method). Microsoft will send you a link to use to complete your activation. It worked great and only took me about 5 minutes. Make sure you have your FSX activation window open with your installation key. Hope this helps you

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum(s)............

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

On 12/2/2018 at 3:09 AM, W2DR said:

Welcome to the forum(s)............

On 12/1/2018 at 11:23 PM, wbj972 said:

@ casv

I just activated my FSX deluxe edition box set a few hours ago using the phone method. Just call the number for your country(1-866-740-1256 for USA). It is an automated system with several prompts. It will ask you if you would like to activate using your smartphone(I highly suggest using this method). Microsoft will send you a link to use to complete your activation. It worked great and only took me about 5 minutes. Make sure you have your FSX activation window open with your installation key. Hope this helps you

I assume you are in the united states that is why. I have tried several times in nigeria, no such luck. It is so frustrating not being able to activate it. I bought the fsx gold and cannot activate it because, supposedly, MS stopped supporting Flight sim years ago. The server that enables one to activate flight sim online is down for good! I heard that even when you call Ms they will tell you that they don't support it anymore. I am at a loss as to what to do... I really need to fly, pls help!

My feeling is that we are at the point where it is best to choose FSX Steam Edition, Prepar3D, or X-Plane.  FSX Steam Edition is the only choice for 32-bit operation and older computers.  I expect the Steam Edition of FSX will be viable for years to come.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

23 hours ago, Damus said:

I assume you are in the united states that is why. I have tried several times in nigeria, no such luck. It is so frustrating not being able to activate it. I bought the fsx gold and cannot activate it because, supposedly, MS stopped supporting Flight sim years ago. The server that enables one to activate flight sim online is down for good! I heard that even when you call Ms they will tell you that they don't support it anymore. I am at a loss as to what to do... I really need to fly, pls help!

Sorry to hear you experiencing so much trouble. You are correct, the activation servers for FSX are down for good. Phone activation is your only option at this point. Have you tried calling the US number? I know your not in the US, but the activation system seems to just be automated.  All you need to do is provide the installation ID numbers that are generated after you put in the product key and select phone activation(leave this window open during this process). The phone activation system will give you an option of activating by receiving a text message to your smartphone(i used this method and highly recommend because there are a lot of numbers to input!). This text message will contain a Microsoft web page link in which you enter your installation ID. It will then generates an activation ID that you must enter in that phone activation window you leave open.

here is the Microsoft link that set me on the right path:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/927007/frequently-asked-questions-about-how-to-activate-microsoft-games-for-w

If all else fails,  email microsoft support with your issue and or current support phone numbers for your area.

Best of luck to you!

14 hours ago, wbj972 said:

Sorry to hear you experiencing so much trouble. You are correct, the activation servers for FSX are down for good. Phone activation is your only option at this point. Have you tried calling the US number? I know your not in the US, but the activation system seems to just be automated.  All you need to do is provide the installation ID numbers that are generated after you put in the product key and select phone activation(leave this window open during this process). The phone activation system will give you an option of activating by receiving a text message to your smartphone(i used this method and highly recommend because there are a lot of numbers to input!). This text message will contain a Microsoft web page link in which you enter your installation ID. It will then generates an activation ID that you must enter in that phone activation window you leave open.

here is the Microsoft link that set me on the right path:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/927007/frequently-asked-questions-about-how-to-activate-microsoft-games-for-w

If all else fails,  email microsoft support with your issue and or current support phone numbers for your area.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks for this information. This web page link, where you enter your installation id, is it same link address or it is generated dynamically?

6 hours ago, casv said:

Thanks for this information. This web page link, where you enter your installation id, is it same link address or it is generated dynamically?

Casv,

If I remember correctly, the web page link will open and ask if your installation ID has six or seven digits in the first block of your installation ID . You simply select the correct answer(mine was six). It will then open a window which allows you to enter your installation ID. Once you enter, simply hit the submit button and within seconds a new page will open with your activation ID. All you have to do is just enter that number in the phone activation window of your Microsoft FSX  hit next and your all done. It went pretty easy and smooth for me, just a lot of numbers to enter. If you mess it up simply call again and redo the process. You supposedly get unlimited activations with your valid product key. Let us know how it works for you...

Regards,

Bill

Update: I tried once again to activate boxed FSX. Now the online activation servers are available! All fine starting FSX 🙂