Sign in to follow this  
coolcatkelso

CTD Monitor

Hi Guys

I have a new build 737-800 after taking a few years out. Got a top notch pc more than capable to run with 2x RX580 cards. All is working perfectly with the pc and 7 monitors displayed. 

I have run FSX and undocked a window, everytime I drag the window to screen 5 (Lower Centre) for the Eifes screen, it crashes to desktop. Every other monitor is fine

Not sure whats going on, but not getting any error messages or nothing

Its Windows 10

Have you looked in your computer's Event Viewer to look for errors for FSX?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi, Yeah I've looked but nothing is showing, I have even tried AppCrashLog and still nothing is showing. I applied the updates to FSX and now instead of a CTD its just freezing. It only seems to affect the monitor on Series.4 tho, which is my touchscreen monitor for FMC / CDU @ 1200 x 800

Right I've been playing around all morning with it, and heres the situation

I have 7 monitors all connected 6 are through Display Port and 1 is HDMI, I have 3 monitors on Eyefinity, all working (2 DP & 1 HDMI)

I have my left side (monitor 4, DP) Middle DP and right DP

I have a 10" touch screen at the bottom for CDU / FMC, all are setup through FSX and Resolutions are correct. 

When I load a flight, all appears to work, if I drag any undocked window to the bottom displays (left, Centre, Right) they go black. If I unplug the touchscreen, they work. To make them all work at the same time, I need to unplug the left, centre and right bottom displays, and plug them in again, then everything works fine. 

I do get a message on FSX load that Radeon RX580 Series.4 Driver Issue select yes or no. They're doesn't seem to be any drivers for this monitor which is a 10" Eyoyo touch screen. All Radeon drivers are updated yesterday. 

Cheers for any help