Sign in to follow this  
NiklasCGN

PMDG 747/777 every Airport is not in data base

Hello dear aviation lovers,

Today I wanted to start a flight from EDDF to KMCO. I choose the PMDG 747-400 queen of the skies. Then as normal as ever I tried to load the flight plan into the company route. But the FMC said that my departure airport is not in Data base. This happens with every airport. I tried to put many airports to origin but also every other airport is not in data base. I have the newest AIRAC installed but don’t know what’s the problem. Also tried with 777 same problem there.

Deleted... posted older solution that is no longer valid.

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Go into the pmdg folder inside of p3d and delete a file with runway in its name. Idk the exact  name of 5h3 file but this should fix your problem.

also please write your first and last name on 3very post.

1 minute ago, ph-cxz said:

Go into the pmdg folder inside of p3d and delete a file with runway in its name. Idk the exact  name of 5h3 file but this should fix your problem.

also please write your first and last name on 3very post.

Koen is correct.  The name of the file is ARPT_RWY.dat.  Make a backup first, to be safe.

• Like 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

9 hours ago, dmiannay said:

Koen is correct.  The name of the file is ARPT_RWY.dat.  Make a backup first, to be safe.

No need. If it doesn't exist, the plane just creates one.

EDIT: In your defense, this is one of the very few times I don't recommend a backup, and only because the backup is superfluous in this case.

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

23 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

No need. If it doesn't exist, the plane just creates one.

EDIT: In your defense, this is one of the very few times I don't recommend a backup, and only because the backup is superfluous in this case.

Thanks for the clarification, Kyle.  I always have something to learn.

Doug Miannay

I had the some trouble.

1) Delete ARPT_RWY.dat

2) Get MakeRunways from Pete Dowson (3 files there: MakeRwys.exe + LorbySceneryExport.exe + MakeRwys README)

3) In root sim put both exe - MakeRwys & LorbySceneryExport

4) run MakeRwys with ADMIN (no need to run LorbySceneryExport - it runs altogether)

5) it will read and correct all runways including Addons

6) that is it.

PS: you should get this file too: http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html (it will update your simulator)

I stand corrected....

Edited by ahsmatt7

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda