Just purchased a new LG 32" gaming monitor with HDR (previous monitor did not have that feature) and am having an issue (or I don't understand it).  I have HDR activated in P3D V4.3 and in the settings for the monitor...everything looks real good...but if I go into the Windows "Display Settings" and turn on what they call "HDR and WCG" (it's on one switch) than, within P3D, my mouse goes into a very faint outline that I can hardly see while if I go outside of P3D all type is outlined and very light.

So my questions are...am I doing something wrong or do I just need to leave the "HDR and WCG" switch off in Windows 10 and am I getting the benefits of HDR within P3D with HDR activated in P3D and the monitor settings?

Thanks,

Garry Lundberg

I don't know if this is right but HDR in P3D isnt the same as HDR on a monitor or TV. I think it is platform pacific only for P3Ds shaders.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Have you tried the HD settings in the NV control panel.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

16 hours ago, rjfry said:

Have you tried the HD settings in the NV control panel.

That was the 1st place I went but could find nothing that looked like it was for HDR settings.  Can you tell me what to look for in case it's called something else.

Thanks,

Garry Lundberg

This video will help https://youtu.be/iu5V9a1tGfI

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

ZKOKQ:

Watched the video, but since I'm on a 2k LG monitor I could find none of his settings.  Did note that he was on an HDMI cable (his is a TV) while I'm using DP on my monitor.  I did switch mine to a HDMI port but made no difference.

Thanks for the input anyway.

• Upvote 1

Garry Lundberg